Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits

As stated earlier, I will be working on completing the PS removal kit for the 3-fitting 5th gen. Civic this week, and it should be ready for orders sometime next week. The basic kit will be similar to the on found in this thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=563116

The difference will obviously be that this kit will have provisions for the two return lines of the Civic rack. Pricing should be quite close to the current Integra kits - $63 plus shipping (usually around $5 for 2-day Priority). The rest of the components in the kit will be identical to the Integra version (i.e. complete US Brake reservoir setup, Aeroquip fittings, Gates tubing, etc.)

If anyone would be interested in this, or if there are any comments/questions, please PM me.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits (Padawan)

Old 08-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits (Padawan)

*raises hand*
How compatible are these kits with the 6th gen?
Old 08-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits (Spade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*raises hand*
How compatible are these kits with the 6th gen?</TD></TR></TABLE>

6th gen kits are already available, and I'm actually shipping 2 of them out tomorrow. Installation is slightly more time-consuming than the Integra kits because of the limited space to work in, but that's about it.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

*hangs head in embarassment*

Oh, adds to list of things to get before parts wear out.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits (Spade)

mememememmemememmemememememememe
Old 08-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Darth ModerVader

An update on the kit progress:

My planned "model-car" is not available this week, so there is a slight delay in the kits. I'm trying to find another 5th gen. to get things moving. If anyone has any detailed photos of the rack or an exploded diagram, they would be helpful until the car becomes available again.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:28 AM
bdb

Do you know if any of your kits would work with a 5th gen Prelude (97+)? I've been comparing the PS diagrams between the two (97+ prelude & 94+ integra) and I believe those are the closest to each other. Can you confirm? I've been wanting to do this mod for quite some time and I've even located an OEM H22 crank pulley without a PS ring.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits (bdb)

Could you post or send me the diagrams? There are only a few basic things needed for the kit to "work" on a particular application First, the rack needs to have 2 main lines (until I finalize the 5th gen Civic kit, which is unfortunately taking longer than I thought because my "model-car" has been MIA) a hard metal line and a rubber return line. Next, if the hard-line fitting is a different size than the Integra (14x1.5), I'll need to know the size. Finally, there must be enough room to access the two rack fittings, and I need to know the amount of tubing needed (for instance, the 96-00 Civic kits have 48" instead of 36" because the fittings are towards the rear of the rack). Pictures and additional info would be helpful (since I have virtually no experience with Preludes) but I can't currently confirm that the current Integra/Civic kit will work in its present form on the Prelude.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:17 AM
bdb

ok the two diagrams are as follows:

'99 Prelude (base):

'98 Integra (type r):

I'll have to confirm the size of the hard-line fitting to see if it is different than the Integra. I'm assuming they are the same, but you can't be sure until it's measured. I can take a few pics of my Prelude and measure anything you might need over the next few days. I'm sure the Prelude folks out there would like to have a practical kit to remove the PS. If there is anything else you need to know, just IM me so we don't take over this thread in the Civic forum. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What is so special about the kit? All I needed was a a hose clamp. No leaks as of yet.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those who were interested - 5th gen. Civic PS Removal Kits (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is so special about the kit? All I needed was a a hose clamp. No leaks as of yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what i was thining too. haha