Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

For those who drive a 99-00 civic with a sunroof...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who drive a 99-00 civic with a sunroof...

I am having a problem that is really pissing me off. It's more of an annoyance actually. Part of my sunroof is rattling, and it is annoying as hell. When the sunroof is all the way closed it rattles, but if you crack it or open it all the way back, there is no more rattle. If you have your sunroof vented, it would be the piece that I would assume catches water or anything. I pulled it out, all the rubber pieces seem to be intact. It doesn't look like it's bent or anything, so I have no clue what is causing it to rattle. I would take pics but my camera is at my apartment where I go to school and i'm at home for thanksgiving. If anyone has had this problem, post up. Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

put some stiff motor mounts in your car any you will be set.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (POE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by POE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put some stiff motor mounts in your car any you will be set.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That doesn't help me. I'm not buying motor mounts to fix a rattle in my sunroof.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:35 PM
JTB

Default Re: (green00EX)

oh but it works like a charm!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:41 PM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

ha , ok real fast let me ask u this question and this will save u time and money...
are u into your car so much that u plan on butting motor mounts in it later?
if so just do it now, and it will be the exact same, also i need u to take a picture were u are thinking its rattleing
Old 11-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JTB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JTB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh but it works like a charm!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop posting shitty replies.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by POE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ha , ok real fast let me ask u this question and this will save u time and money...
are u into your car so much that u plan on butting motor mounts in it later?
if so just do it now, and it will be the exact same, also i need u to take a picture were u are thinking its rattleing
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure I am into my car, but I don't plan on putting in different motor mounts. Also, like i stated in my initial post, I don't have my camera here. I was hoping to get suggestions so I could figure it out here because I can work on it in a heated garage vs. outside in the cold at my apartment.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 PM
JTB

grow up! engine mounts are only gonna make it worse they make everything rattle we were joking!!
drive it until you hear the rattle and just push/ pull on where you think its coming from and when you find it put some foam in there and it will be gone then.
and while you are fixing your rattle fix you sense of humor to! happy thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you sure it's rattling? I've heard sunroof noise that sounds like rattling but is actually dried seals. Same problem on Odyssey sliding doors.

Take some Armor All dash protectant and spray some on a rag. Wipe the entire seal.

Also, close the sunroof and put a capful of the Armor All on the sunroof seal til it runs all the way around (helps if the car is on fairly level ground, or slightly nose up).Open (vent position) and close the sunroof a couple of times and that should take care of the problem.

It might not solve your "rattling" problem but it only takes a couple of minutes to try.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JTB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">grow up! engine mounts are only gonna make it worse they make everything rattle we were joking!!
drive it until you hear the rattle and just push/ pull on where you think its coming from and when you find it put some foam in there and it will be gone then.
and while you are fixing your rattle fix you sense of humor to! happy thanksgiving</TD></TR></TABLE>

You still have no idea what you are talking about. If you would have even read my first post, or if you actually own a sunroof yourself, you would realize that putting foam where the rattle is coming from is a shitty, worthless idea.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by L8apex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you sure it's rattling? I've heard sunroof noise that sounds like rattling but is actually dried seals. Same problem on Odyssey sliding doors.

Take some Armor All dash protectant and spray some on a rag. Wipe the entire seal.

Also, close the sunroof and put a capful of the Armor All on the sunroof seal til it runs all the way around (helps if the car is on fairly level ground, or slightly nose up).Open (vent position) and close the sunroof a couple of times and that should take care of the problem.

It might not solve your "rattling" problem but it only takes a couple of minutes to try.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the suggestive reply. I appreciate it. For anyone that might have my same problem, searches and finds this thread, I figured out what my problem was. That piece was not seated properly. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:58 PM
JTB

[QUOTE=green00EX]

You still have no idea what you are talking about. If you would have even read my first post, or if you actually own a sunroof yourself, you would realize that putting foam where the rattle is coming from is a shitty, worthless idea.

mine was rattling and it worked for me and to be so worthless , thats funny how honda accepts this as a valid warranty repair and i do a hand full of the a month not just on civics. sounds like you dont know how to properly describe your problem. its ok dont be salty that ive forgot more about cars than you will ever know about cars! sorry to hear you think thats worthless...