Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...??

Old 11-03-2002, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...??

Ok.. I am thinking of selling my hatch, even tho I love it.. I will probably never get over it if I decide to.. that car is just plain evil.. and if I see someone around here driving it.. and I see it at the track hauling ***.. Im gonna get sad.. (grr) I dunno what to do.. should I sell? And if so.. how much do you think I should ask?

Old 11-03-2002, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (tightazzhatch)

Sell away your love, then let me come punch you in the face.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) why is it evil?
2) im selling away my baby. check my sig...
3) if you dont want to sell it, dont (i should take my own advice..)
Old 11-03-2002, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (KAMiN)

Punch me in the face??... but Im a gurl!

1) why is it evil?
2) im selling away my baby. check my sig...
3) if you dont want to sell it, dont (i should take my own advice..)
1) Evil=Evol... and I have had no luck with that car.. if you only knew! I will go in detail if you would like, I dont trust it.. at all!
2) Bout to check the link.
3) I do.. but then I don't.. I have been through hell and back.. then down again to shake the Satan himself's hand and up again.. a few more times! But it's so much headache!

Old 11-04-2002, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sell it if you'd like. don't sell it if you don't want to. personally i love my car, and i HOPE i can keep it forever....
Old 11-04-2002, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (Eddie HatchBlack)

Grr...

Old 11-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aww isn't that sweet :-*

Also I am kind of kicking myself cause I always wanted an EG hatch but I bought the del Sol cause I got the guy down like 3 grand. I say keep it :-D

[Modified by Happyman, 9:14 PM 11/4/2002]
Old 11-04-2002, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (Happyman)

what is sweet?....... lol
Old 11-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sell it if you'd like. don't sell it if you don't want to. personally i love my car, and i HOPE i can keep it forever....
That is what I was referring to as sweet. It was made to be sarcasm.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:49 PM

*tear* how could you sell your baby?
Old 11-04-2002, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (CR-X)

I have just been thru so much with that car...

1) My clutch went out, took it to a friend of the family to get it done...His shop ended up burning down.. my car was outside of the shop... got heat damage.. he had NO insurance on the shop... I had liability only. SO he had my car for over 2 years.. BS'ing me trying to fix it.. (new moldings, mirrors, windsheild, sunroof, and paint job.

2) When I finally got it back.. it was still screwed..paint job sucked..blah blah.. so by this time I had to get everything back on there..insurance, tags, taxes.. everything.. up again and then a month later baseball bat incident..(which had nothing to do with me!!!!!!!!) So winsheild got screwed and hood was f*kd. Found out that my insurance lapsed (thanks to my mom..gave her the money she was gonna pay it) SO I was screwed once again!

3) By this time I had gotten sick.. and was unable to work to fix everything and get everything back on it again..(insuance tages, etc.) So it sat once again for at least a year)

4) Start working got everything fixed..(except hood) which isnt that bad, but have to fix still.. and then my clutch was feeling like it was going out again.. on the way home from work one night.. so I was like *** it.. And so now it sits.. again... dropped the insurance.. cause I had stopped working again due to something else.. found out the cells in my batt is totally gone.. so I have to get one.. which is no big deal. The car is fine.. nothing is wrong with it.. but I cannot get ahead with that thing... I swear. I love it to death.. But I think that death is near for her..

So now you kinda see what I mean.. hopefully.. now what do you people have to suggest about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-05-2002, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have just been thru so much with that car...

1) My clutch went out, took it to a friend of the family to get it done...His shop ended up burning down.. my car was outside of the shop... got heat damage.. he had NO insurance on the shop... I had liability only. SO he had my car for over 2 years.. BS'ing me trying to fix it.. (new moldings, mirrors, windsheild, sunroof, and paint job.
2) When I finally got it back.. it was still screwed..paint job sucked..blah blah.. so by this time I had to get everything back on there..insurance, tags, taxes.. everything.. up again and then a month later baseball bat incident..(which had nothing to do with me!!!!!!!!) So winsheild got screwed and hood was f*kd. Found out that my insurance lapsed (thanks to my mom..gave her the money she was gonna pay it) SO I was screwed once again!

3) By this time I had gotten sick.. and was unable to work to fix everything and get everything back on it again..(insuance tages, etc.) So it sat once again for at least a year)

4) Start working got everything fixed..(except hood) which isnt that bad, but have to fix still.. and then my clutch was feeling like it was going out again.. on the way home from work one night.. so I was like *** it.. And so now it sits.. again... dropped the insurance.. cause I had stopped working again due to something else.. found out the cells in my batt is totally gone.. so I have to get one.. which is no big deal. The car is fine.. nothing is wrong with it.. but I cannot get ahead with that thing... I swear. I love it to death.. But I think that death is near for her..

So now you kinda see what I mean.. hopefully.. now what do you people have to suggest about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you poor thing..sounds like me when i took it a shop to have engine work done..now my car is in pieces and hopefully will get put back together someday by me and my friend..i wont trust anyone with my car anymore..goodluck o BTW id sell it does sound "evil"
Old 11-05-2002, 12:45 AM
senior gold member

grr j/k Just think it through cause you might regret it later and it'll be too late.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (Ivan)

Think of all the people out there that are dying to get a hold of a 92-95 hatch, let alone an Si. It took me months of daily searching to find any 92-95 HB in decent shape, just happened to find my 95 Si. To me its not somthing to take for granted. BUT do what YOU want!

-Jeff
Old 11-05-2002, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (Civic_95_Si)

Think of all the people out there that are dying to get a hold of a 92-95 hatch, let alone an Si. It took me months of daily searching to find any 92-95 HB in decent shape, just happened to find my 95 Si. To me its not somthing to take for granted. BUT do what YOU want!

-Jeff
I have a friend in Louisville... Brian? Has a 99 Si turbo??? You know of him?.. He went to the Nashville meet.. dunno if you might have went to.

But anyways.. I know I know.. do what you want, and yes she is evil. I think that it's one of those that just doesn't want to be fixed.. no matter what you do!.. That is the only thing.. I don't wanna regret it. I will probably never find another like mine. I just really don't trust it. Esp. me having to drive home every night at like 330am or so.. If I broke down or something, I would be scared!

Old 11-05-2002, 11:10 AM

There are/were a few Turbo Si's around. I can think of one Si with NC tags that say "DR VTEC". If so I know WHO he is but not really personaly.

-Jeff
Old 11-05-2002, 12:02 PM

Yeah that's him! I grew up with him.. good guy.

Old 11-05-2002, 12:06 PM
Please don't hurt me!

dam drive the satan car into a lake a get a new 1
Old 11-05-2002, 05:14 PM

Sell it, then get a new hatch. Preferably one that isnt cursed.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:51 PM

If you do decide to sell it, I'm extremely interested in giving it a good home with me in my new shop. I'm currently opening a performance shop in Raleigh, NC (www.421motorsports.com) and we're looking for a project car for road racing. If you're really thinking about selling, we definately want a look. Let me know, please.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:09 PM

Damn, that thing must have some bad juju or something! I say keep the faith, tho, and keep it. I wonder if they'll do an exorcism on a car........

BTW- By any chance did you used to live in the Piedmont? Prob. just coincidence, but I went to high school with a girl named Jennifer Davis.

Hit me up if you do decide to keep it & if you need any help with anything. I'm not exactly God's gift to the torque wrench, but what I lack in skill I try to make up for in enthusiasm . Besides it's always nice to be able to help a fellow h-ter out Peace

[Modified by uncivilCivicinprogress, 11:09 PM 11/5/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (couter)

dam drive the satan car into a lake a get a new 1
LMFAO... see someone else agrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha I have my eye on a BMW I saw driving home from work.. but my luck it will be an automatic. Looks tight tho.. don't know details yet... 2 door and silver. It was really dark lol wasn't gonna stop at 330am!

Old 11-05-2002, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (jrfender1)

If I do decide to sell I will let you know (jrfender1) That is gonna be really sad to see my car if it's gonna be the shops! And if so you have to update me! I have friends in Raleigh that would probably give you alot of business.. they are a friend of a friends lmao... but they usually go to Enhanced Performance. We used to have one here.. then we changed the name.. I helped out there frequently I miss that place.. good friends of mine took over it.. not there anymore tho...Let me know!

And.. I went to school around Fayetteville and Hope Mills NC... this isn't where you are talking about huh??????????????????.....

[Modified by tightazzhatch, 4:26 AM 11/6/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 07:20 PM

And.. I went to school around Fayetteville and Hope Mills NC... this isn't where you are talking about huh??????????????????.....
No, I went to Randleman High in Randolph County; just a kinda strange coincidence I guess.....

Edit- Still nice to see a few peeps on here from NC tho

[Modified by uncivilCivicinprogress, 11:20 PM 11/5/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...?? (uncivilCivicinprogress)

Sell the car, geez, from my stand point, sounds like you had it laying around more then having it on the road. You're losing value holding on to it. I say sell it and find another one like it if you love it so much. It's not worth all the bad luck. Got any pics of it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my 92 hatch Si...??