Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thinking of buying this car, how quick would it be? I don't know much about this engine...help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying this car, how quick would it be? I don't know much about this engine...help?

Ok I am thinking of buying a 92 hatch, it is pretty beat up, and has stock poopy wheels...but I want a little sleeper. I'm not sure how quick it would be...or how much power this engine makes. If you guys could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Right now I have an integra LS that I'm getting ready to turbo and run 7psi...so it should make 215 hp/175tq (ish) but it weighs quite a bit more, so I assume the hatch would be quicker?? Please help with any info/advice..

I really think I wouldnt mind having a turbo ls (even if it's kinda slow @ 7psi untuned) and a swapped hatch....

anyway here are the few specs I know:

92 Honda civic Hatch VX:

B16A3

GSR Tranny (no grinds)

GSR ECU

Generic short ram intake

2.5" custom exhaust

DC 4-1 Header

b16A3 Fuel pump

60K miles on the engine itself.

I know there are many variables...but how much hp/tq does this engine/tranny combo make? What 1/4 time should I expect on street tires? Should it be faster than my ls turbo? Thanks in advance, I know there are many many contributing factors, but humor me??

Old 01-13-2004, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thinking of buying this car, how quick would it be? I don't know much about this engine...help?

I do some searching but i have several questions. Does the hatch already have a swapped motor or are trying to give us and idea of what you would like to do to the hatch. How much for the hatch? If you already have a turbo for your teg why do you want this hatch? Finally, your ls/turbo is going to be faster then the the b16. So if your looking for speed or power i would just turbo that ls. They are pretty bullet proof and a great motors to turbo with stock internals.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Thinking of buying this car, how quick would it be? I don't know much about this engine...help?

The hatch is already done, that's how it is...the car is 3,000$ plus the cost of going 350 miles to pick it up. I only wanted it if it was going to be quicker than my ls once I turbo'd it. I have nearly all of my kit put together, just need a few odds n ends and to put it on. However my LS motor has quite a few miles, so a rebuild is in the near future. So If I just abandoned the turbo, made like 1,000 of my turbo stuff...I could put 2 with it, buy the hatch and keep my ls stock. Depending on the speed of the hatch. That's what this all weighs on. I just want something relatively quick...Like maybe 14's? I think with 7 psi on my LS I can break into the mid/high 13's....but I am just trying to figure out what to do.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hatch with a b16 will high 14's, low 15's depending on driver
Old 01-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea keep the ls...it will be much faster . Or you could just buy the hatch and put all your turbo stuff on that .
Old 01-13-2004, 05:32 AM

Yep that was a thought as well. Just keep my teg to look decent, and keep the beat up old hatch to run. What would it do with that engine/7 psi w/a Uberdata Chip? I would assume that would make like 225 hp? Which should = out to like low 11's in the 1/4?
Old 01-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't know about low 11's.....maybe low 13's or high 12's depending on how light the hatch is and all...is it gutted?
Old 01-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

edit: double post
Old 01-13-2004, 05:46 AM

Ohh I was greatly over-estimating then....i was thinking high 11's... but heck if I can hit high 13's or mids w/my ls-t, I'm not gonna trade the "luxery" and handling of it for a hatch that only runs like .4 quicker. Plus I already have all the stuff for my turbo so I wont be out any more money....I could actually save. I suppose I could also use the 3 g I was gonna spend on the hatch and build my motor and run more psi in my LS.