Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

thinking about running nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about running nitrous

i heard that you run nitrous on a stock D16Y7, is this true!?!?!?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can run nitrous on anything
Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (foowitdaredek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foowitdaredek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i heard that you run nitrous on a stock D16Y7, is this true!?!?!? </TD></TR></TABLE>

just ask your self WHY?
its a stock motor and youll have fun blowing it up
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (ek4h)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek4h &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just ask your self WHY?
its a stock motor and youll have fun blowing it up</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (ek forever guy)

i would have to agree why would you want nitrous on that. it will kind of cool i guess for the first ten minutes before it blows up. save your money and buy a swap and make some real power!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (spandex)

nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD...you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

one-liners are like trial users

ANNOYING!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tha_badguy)

If you retard the timing, get cooler plugs and run a windowswitch, you should be ok as long as you don't use it all the time.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

you must have watched fast and furious tooo many times. .. lol
Old 04-22-2007, 11:24 AM

I run nitrous on a y8 motor with stock internals but the fuel system is fully upgraded, plus I run 92 + Octane booster to avoid any detonation problems. You still have to be smart about it though, I never spray below 3000 rpm's so the engine is spinning freely, less chance of breaking anything. Just like any other big power mod, there is always a chance something can go wrong... so be careful.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (hondastrtracr)

I'm always amazed at the amount of ignorance around the use of nitrous that's out there...It's not magic, nor is it scary or dangerous. Simply follow the proper installation instructions and recomendations for the kit you purchase, enjoy the kit and laugh at all the fools who tell you you will blow your car up if you run nitrous.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol... im gonna be squirting just not now... i just heard that you can run it on stock internals i knew the stock internals wouldnt be able to handle it...but nitrous is the last thing on my mind right now.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:14 PM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: (foowitdaredek)

you can run nitrous on stock internals as long as it's set at reasonable power levels for that engine. If you want to run higher than reasonable amounts of nitrous on an engine, you'll have to build it according to those levels...again, not rocket science, it's simple logic.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:16 PM

you shouldnt really get it if your not going to build the motor to take it but if you just put like a 50 shot and dont use it alot youll be ok i wouldnt recomend it but ive seen it done with no real problems
edit* i just said what the guy above me said in different words
Old 04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my block is going to get builtjust not for nitrous
Old 04-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (foowitdaredek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by foowitdaredek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol... im gonna be squirting just not now... i just heard that you can run it on stock internals i knew the stock internals wouldnt be able to handle it...but nitrous is the last thing on my mind right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pointless thread then. Quit wasting our time.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:55 AM

00Red_SiR has it right, another thing I forgot to mention is I am running 55 wet shot... Don't do dry, wet is much safer, so look at it this way I have a fully upgraded fuel system to get the 92+ octane in there plus a little more fuel sprayin in with the nitrous. Run 2 steps colder spark plugs or better. anything more than a 55 show retard your timing. But if something ever go boom on me... type r swap...
Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 PM

id say no...thats like taking steriods...if you value your engine make power the real way and turbo or supercharge it. natural mechanical power not chimical power.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just like Gale Banks said " nitrous is a last resourt".
Old 04-24-2007, 07:25 PM
All Motor Mentor

Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (spotscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spotscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">id say no...thats like taking steriods...if you value your engine make power the real way and turbo or supercharge it. natural mechanical power not chimical power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hate to burst your bubble but supercharging or turbo is anything but "natural mechanical power" that's why it's considered forced induction and not all motor, and is just like nitrous. Nitrous, superchargers and turbos all do the EXACT same thing, they add more oxygen to the combustion process so that when more fuel is added, more power is made. One does it though exhaust gas pressure, another by crank driven power and the third through injection... your engine cannot tell the difference between any of these things internally. Saying nitrous is like using steroids, is the same as saying fuel injection is like using steroids vs carburators because it's forcefully sprayed in vs being sucked in naturally.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tmramsburg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just like Gale Banks said " nitrous is a last resourt".</TD></TR></TABLE>

If he didn't say that, I guess he'd have a hard time selling turbo kits wouldn't he?
Old 04-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (00Red_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hate to burst your bubble but supercharging or turbo is anything but "natural mechanical power" that's why it's considered forced induction and not all motor, and is just like nitrous. Nitrous, superchargers and turbos all do the EXACT same thing, they add more oxygen to the combustion process so that when more fuel is added, more power is made. One does it though exhaust gas pressure, another by crank driven power and the third through injection... your engine cannot tell the difference between any of these things internally. Saying nitrous is like using steroids, is the same as saying fuel injection is like using steroids vs carburators because it's forcefully sprayed in vs being sucked in naturally.

If he didn't say that, I guess he'd have a hard time selling turbo kits wouldn't he?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love this guy and how he lays down the truth
Old 04-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sososlodelsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sososlodelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can run nitrous on anything </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have nitrous on my lawn mower
Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: thinking about running nitrous (00Red_SiR)

Quote, originally posted by 00Red_SiR »

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondastrtracr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I love this guy and how he lays down the truth</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that...