Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Think I've got a ticket beat. (Others may benefit from this info)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 04:01 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I've got a ticket beat. (Others may benefit from this info)

Coming out from a HS Basketball game, rev'd the engine at a stop sign, did NOT spin tires, but squeaked as I made a left hand turn. Got about two miles from High School, cop passed me and did the ever-feared U Turn. Got stopped, he said he *heard on the radio* that I showed out while leaving the High School.

Here's the thing- Officer that stopped me did NOT witness the offense (assuming I committed it. ) Read part B on the first item. http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statu...l#cp001.14.01.

He wrote me a citation for Exhibition of Acceleration. You guys think I've got it made? Looks like it to me. Only difficulty I have, when he asked me what happened, I told him- "Rev'd engine, pulled out normally, could have possibly squeaked tires during the turn." Will that give me any headaches? Could it have been considered an unlawful stop to begin with? Or just unlawful citation? I got the little "Signing this is not a confession of guilt." thing.

I know there are some situations where people could definately defend themselves with this law. I'm from Texas, and it is current law. May have similar laws in other states, ya' might wanna check on it before you shell out the green for your ticket.

Also, I've seen a few flames follow a post like this. In my opinion, I was endangering absolutely nobody. So I'd rather not just pay for my crime. Thanks for readin'.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Think I've got a ticket beat. (Avian)

what part B

this one:
b) A peace officer may arrest an offender without a warrant for any offense committed in his presence or within his view.

or this one:
A peace officer shall arrest, without a warrant, a person the peace officer has probable cause to believe has committed an offense under Section 25.07, Penal Code (violation of Protective Order), if the offense is committed in the presence of the peace officer
Old 01-12-2002, 04:20 PM
New User

Default Re: Think I've got a ticket beat. (fifthgearonline)

A peace officer shall arrest, without a warrant, a person the peace officer has probable cause to believe has committed an offense under Section 25.07, Penal Code (violation of Protective Order), *IF* the offense is committed in the presence of the peace officer

Either part B.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you should be able to get out of it. . .you just need to get the officer to admit he heard it over the radio in court.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since you said you got out of a HS basketball game.. i'm going to assume your pretty young (in hs) and just got your license... you should have just told him you just got the car and your not really familiar with driving stick..

my car is registered under my parents name and cops have let me go seeing that its not reg'd under my name, i say its not my car .. i just say im not too familiar w/ a 5 speed and he let me go when i chirped out of a parking lot..

[Modified by GSRaCeRbOI, 2:05 AM 1/13/2002]
Old 01-12-2002, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Think I've got a ticket beat. (GSRaCeRbOI)

albert..u race all the time
Old 01-12-2002, 05:25 PM
New User

Default Re: Think I've got a ticket beat. (deepnite)

Honestly didn't wanna lie. Seventeen with the car in my name.
Old 01-12-2002, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Think I've got a ticket beat. (deepnite)

deepnite: hahah yeah i kno.. and i also have 3 cars HAHAHAH.. but yeah its still reg'd under my dads name so i just say sorry this isnt my car.. im not familiar on how to drive stick.. .haha and he lemme go..