Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Think i found the water leak but........

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think i found the water leak but........

Well it poured here in Maine for the last few days and it soaked my floor. I thought i had fixed the leak a month ago but i guess i didnt. Before it was leaking where the blower motor gets its fresh air, the seal around there was bad and rusted so i cleaned it up and sealed it, that stopped the leak on the passenger side. Now i have a leak on the drivers side.

Well tonight i got bored and decided to find the damn leak. So i took a hose and sprayed down the outside of the car trying to find this damn leak. Not once did i see water leaking inside. I looked up under the dash to see if i could see water leaking in and i saw an area about 3 inches in length that was pretty rusty. If you look straight up the firewall all the way to the drivers side near you on the inside of the car will see factory caulking where two seams meet. Im 95% sure thats where my car and probably everyone elses car is leaking. I never saw it leak there but it wouldnt rust by itself. I pealed back the caulking and its rusted all under the caulking.

NOW my question is how the hell can i get to this to fix it? I searched and found pictures of egs with dashes removed but that wouldnt help me in my situation because the leak is farther up the dash. I cant seem to find where these two seems meet on the outside of the car, perhaps behind the fender? Anyway here are the pictures, you probably cant tell where the leak is by the pictures but if you look on your car you might be able to tell.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Think i found the water leak but........ (1TurboHatch)

damn this goes fast
Old 04-04-2005, 01:55 AM

Anyone?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:14 PM

Someone has to know where the tsb is referring to and how to get to it because im 95% sure the place where mine is leaking is the place the tsb talks about.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in the same boat. I pulled my carpet on the weekend to find it isn't rusting yet but was a little damp on the driver's side. I called a glass shop that specializes in fixing leaks. They will try a few tests to determine the culprit, but the guy recommends a good bodyshop to fix the seams if that's the case. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: (EG-CX)

Have you found out where yours is leaking? Im almost positive that the tsb from honda is the same spot where mine is leaking.