Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

thin head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thin head gasket

looking for a thin head gasket for a d16. where can i get one?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: thin head gasket (byohnd)

Try custom gasket places. SCEgaskets.com might.

If you want a thin head gasket for higher compression just run without a gasket. But note, when you take off the head youll have to send the block and head to be milled.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: thin head gasket (byohnd)

I wouldnt just run with out a gasket that is kinda extream, If I were you i'd just take the 3 layer head gasket and just use one layer that is safer than no gasket 0_o G/L
Old 11-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: thin head gasket (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try custom gasket places. SCEgaskets.com might.

If you want a thin head gasket for higher compression just run without a gasket. But note, when you take off the head youll have to send the block and head to be milled. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably the dumbest thing you could do. I can't believe some of the info people give on this site....

Just use one layer of a three layer headgasket.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try custom gasket places. SCEgaskets.com might.

If you want a thin head gasket for higher compression just run without a gasket. But note, when you take off the head youll have to send the block and head to be milled. </TD></TR></TABLE>
*thud*

dont ever work on your own car.
ever.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: thin head gasket (Kamin)

Take a look into the all motor forum. People run without there headgaskets to up the compression. Not smartest thing to do but it can be done. It causes warping though. If thats what he wants to do its there.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Take a look into the all motor forum. People run without there headgaskets to up the compression. Not smartest thing to do but it can be done. It causes warping though. If thats what he wants to do its there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like some examples. Most of the people in that forum seem too smart to do something like that, since milling the head or decking the block would be MUCH safer.