Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thieves & the trouble the leave - Window internals subject

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieves & the trouble the leave - Window internals subject

Ok – thieves have done it again, or at least an attempt. I wake up around 3 am to my alarm going through its cycles, jump up grab my pistol and run out to find two guys running away from my car. I walk up and notice the drivers side window has been forced down about an inch near the mirror and a ¼ inch a top. This is a 00 CX, so it has no motors just cranks. I didn’t think anything of it until I rolled it up and down a couple of times.

It either is really hard to crank or never matches up with the window guide, and going down the glass almost always snaps its self out of the forward guide. I have two separate helms manuals and I tried aligning it and adjusting the guides/rails but due to the force trying to break in there is about an inch or more of play. I go even further, gut the door to find the actuator is internally torn up. I re-greased it still rough, its like the “pinion” gear inside has lost a tooth or two. This I can’t fix, its welded together.

SO, I have a dilemma – first I thought junk yards, I need to replace the entire inside. The actuator is riveted all together with the two slides and “scissors”. The guides I think are fine, and so are the seals. Second I thought, if I have to replace the entire “unit” I might as well try electric since I can’t use the scissors anyway. I searched around and found the OEM brand new set is expensive, but no surprise. I have found one company that makes a EK 2D/3D SET for about 210.00 and 35.00 for switches that could fit in two of the punch holes on the consol ( keeping my stock door panels stock ).

If anyone else has done a manual/electric swap give me some ideas and or other links to companies that make custom fit kits. The one I have found it here

http://www.a1electric.com/Merc...D51-K

http://www.a1electric.com/Merc...1-007

Thanks IA – I’m running with NO window right now and we are expecting rain so I needs to get this fixed quick.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves & the trouble the leave - Window internals subject (Resurgent)

i Have a 96 ex and for some reason the drivers side window does the same thing you are talking about . it has poped off a few time.i pulled the door skin off and put it back on teh track and tried adjusting it with the lower bolt on the front track that might help.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Thieves & the trouble the leave - Window internals subject (BlkslowCRX)

Yeah thats the first thing I hit, and have tried many different adjustments front & back also adjusting where the window bolts down to the lower slide. There is just so much play, and after taking all of it out the crank will not even turn - even over greased and not attached to anything. Thanks though - any other ideas ?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:34 AM

thump