Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thieves Got me

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieves Got me

I hate thieves. Stuipid low lives. Woke up last night to the sound of a loud exhaust to find my car messing. Yeah, i know should of had an alarm installed, but i was planning to sell the car. Man who would want a primered down stock del sol. Stupid poor low lives. I hope they cut their hands off trying to strip down my car.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Thieves Got me (x00gsr)

This is why i park my car in the back behind either my moms car or my Duallie, then if i dont feel safe (or im in another neighborhood) the kill switches come on, fuses get pulled, VAFC gets pulled and sometimes the ECU does too.

Sorry for your loss man.

Thieves
Old 11-16-2004, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Thieves Got me (Luserkid)

i dont understand how so many cars get stolen on this site.. every day i see at least 3 posts where kids got their **** taken lol..most of the time i blame the owners because they dont take the time to keep their car safe.. its so easy to make kill switches,take out your ECU at night,get an alarm,park your car in a garage/in front of your parents in the driveway etc etc theres so much you can do..so most of the time i dont feel bad for these people who whine when their cars missing in the morning..unless it was taken by tow truck dont come bitchin to this site about stolen cars.. it gets really annoying seeing stolen car posts 2-3 times a day just my opinion on the subject
Old 11-16-2004, 08:29 AM

Sorry to hear about that.. I hope you have full coverage.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: (TheIntegraGuy)

thats sucks...soory to hear about it
Old 11-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves Got me (jay.dee.em1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jay.dee.em1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont understand how so many cars get stolen on this site.. every day i see at least 3 posts where kids got their **** taken lol..most of the time i blame the owners because they dont take the time to keep their car safe.. its so easy to make kill switches,take out your ECU at night,get an alarm,park your car in a garage/in front of your parents in the driveway etc etc theres so much you can do..so most of the time i dont feel bad for these people who whine when their cars missing in the morning..unless it was taken by tow truck dont come bitchin to this site about stolen cars.. it gets really annoying seeing stolen car posts 2-3 times a day just my opinion on the subject</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, i understand that you can't relate to my issue, but most of the people who have had their cars stolen, dont expect people to break into them. I've had my gsr broken into before and it had an alarm system. It really doesn't matter if you have kills switches or alarms if they really want it they can take it.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by x00gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, i understand that you can't relate to my issue, but most of the people who have had their cars stolen, dont expect people to break into them. I've had my gsr broken into before and it had an alarm system. It really doesn't matter if you have kills switches or alarms if they really want it they can take it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you own a honda/acura stock or not, plan on having some1 try to steal it or parts from it.. they cant take it if it doesnt run unless they have a tow truck or if they break in and push it down the block..then again this would be pretty hard to do if its garage kept and/or parked in front of another car in the driveway..theres so much stuff you can do to prevent theft no matter what kind of environment / scenario you are in..when i see people like you tellin me that you heard them drive off with your car then it jus shows that you obviously arent doing enuf to protect your vehicle so quit bitching when you find it missing when u leave for work/skool

and yes they can take it if they really want ... but most of the time the people who are breaking into honda's and acuras arent professional car theives..they are guys that see a car and jump in and try to steal it without a plan..most of them dont have access to a tow truck or something of that nature.. im not sayin its impossible to steal a car if some1 wants to do it but if you took proper precautions maybe we wouldnt see so many people posting on this site crying and cursing out theives and such becuase their whips are missin

Modified by jay.dee.em1 at 10:44 AM 11/16/2004
Old 11-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Come on now who really takes there ecu out ever single night or there fuses or whatevers. That just too obsessive. Even if you do do this you will soon forget and get tired of it adn eventually you jsut leave whatever evers in teh car or even you mgiht forget to turn on that kill switch or whatevers. Sorry to the victim. Crap happens.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves Got me (ieatrice)

Where are you located if you dont mind me asking?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: (civicdarci)

that sucks man! thieves must die!!!