Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Are these OEM foglamps?? New-in-Box!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are these OEM foglamps?? New-in-Box!

I already bought them regardless, but was just wondering if these are indeed OEM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are these OEM foglamps?? New-in-Box!

i'd like to know as well, box looks awesome (like it was actually made in the 90's)

Depo makes quality foglights too though
Old 02-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 02-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says Esuse right on the box so probably not.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2ttd
It says Esuse right on the box so probably not.
Exactly, definately not OEM, however Esuse are absolutely as close to OEM as you are ever going to get without buying actual OEM Stanley foglights. They are supposed to be of far greater quality than the ebay/depo crap you normally see. At $35 you got a very good deal. I paid around $300 a couple of years ago for my OEM Stanley coupe/hatch foglights, EDM version, they were however brand new in the original box, all parts still sealed in plastic with the instruction manual.

Its extremely hard to find sedan foglights btw, I wish I could find a set for that kind of price for my 4 door DD.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Definitely not OEM but you picked them up cheap so you probably got a good deal. Put up some pictures when you have them installed!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
Exactly, definately not OEM, however Esuse are absolutely as close to OEM as you are ever going to get without buying actual OEM Stanley foglights. They are supposed to be of far greater quality than the ebay/depo crap you normally see. At $35 you got a very good deal. I paid around $300 a couple of years ago for my OEM Stanley coupe/hatch foglights, EDM version, they were however brand new in the original box, all parts still sealed in plastic with the instruction manual.

Its extremely hard to find sedan foglights btw, I wish I could find a set for that kind of price for my 4 door DD.
Great info. THANKS!

I saw these and literally made up my mind within 10 secs that I was going to buy them. Going on my 4dr DD as well.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They have "driving lamp" written on the box.

Hopefully, that is a mis-labeling, because driving lamps are not fog lamps, and legally need to be turned off with the high beams. Meaning, you can only use driving lamps with the high beams, and never when any other vehicle is around.

But, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen fog lamps incorrectly labeled as "driving lamps" either...
Old 02-19-2010, 01:02 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OEM fog lights automatically turn off when you turn the high beams on (as long as they're wired correctly).

Esuse lights do use a driving beam instead of a fog light beam. At least the '96-'98 ones do for sure.

It's very unlikely a cop would (1) be able to tell that your car has driving lights and not fog lights, (2) the cop would remember a lighting law that few pay attention to and (3) care that much.

TunerN00b, I think you typoed in your post since you said driving lights must be turned off with the high beams but are only allowed to be on with the high beams.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NOFX
OEM fog lights automatically turn off when you turn the high beams on (as long as they're wired correctly).

Esuse lights do use a driving beam instead of a fog light beam. At least the '96-'98 ones do for sure.

It's very unlikely a cop would (1) be able to tell that your car has driving lights and not fog lights, (2) the cop would remember a lighting law that few pay attention to and (3) care that much.

TunerN00b, I think you typoed in your post since you said driving lights must be turned off with the high beams but are only allowed to be on with the high beams.
Er, to rephrase:
Driving lamps must be turned off when the high beams are turned off.

And a cop most certainly should care. Driving lamps are long distance, highly concentrated beam patterns. They are very blinding to oncoming traffic, much more blinding than high beams.

Some information on the different beam patterns:
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Beams.aspx

Originally Posted by www.rallylights.com
Eurobeam or Driving beams are used with your high beams. The pattern is conical, flattened at the top and bottom and about 110-120 degrees wide. Useful at 2000-2500 feet. DOT requires that driving lights be wired so that they can only come on with your high beams and go off with your low beams.
Anyway, just trying to clear up any confusion and provide some (hopefully) useful information.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gunmetal_B20_Hatch
I already bought them regardless, but was just wondering if these are indeed OEM.
I don't know if you noticed, but those are for a four door civic. Are you going to try to put them on your hatch?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TomO
I don't know if you noticed, but those are for a four door civic. Are you going to try to put them on your hatch?
Nope, going on my 4dr DD... As posted earlier
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TunerN00b
Er, to rephrase:
Driving lamps must be turned off when the high beams are turned off.

And a cop most certainly should care. Driving lamps are long distance, highly concentrated beam patterns. They are very blinding to oncoming traffic, much more blinding than high beams.

Some information on the different beam patterns:
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Beams.aspx

Anyway, just trying to clear up any confusion and provide some (hopefully) useful information.
Perhaps a cop should care, but really by that definition a cop should care about every single law on the books. Truth be told, they just don't.

Why care about one guy running around with fog lights with a driving light beam pattern when you have speeders and drunk drivers you could be pulling over instead?

Hell, those lights might just look like that because of the terrain the cop and other car are on (height of vehicles) or the lights could be aimed poorly, which is pretty common.

I can tell you I've had DEPO, Esuse and OEM fog lights. The Esuse driving lights ARE NOT any brighter than high beams. Not at all.

It's not the intensity of the light, but the beam pattern that really makes them different than the DEPO and OEM ones. Fog lights spread outward more and driving lights stretch out far in front.

Yes, I got flashed more by other cars when I had the Esuse lights, but they were really not as bright as you're making them out to be.