Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

-----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION

what the point of buying nrg quick release when theives with nrg also can just put their steeering wheel on your car... the question i have is that what if i buy a sparco quick release would nrg be able to fit it in?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (tr0n9h)

I guess your making it just a little bit harder for someone to steal, I guess the average thief wont have one on them unless they've been scooping out your car or have a "kit" with them.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (tr0n9h)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tr0n9h &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what the point of buying nrg quick release when theives with nrg also can just put their steeering wheel on your car... the question i have is that what if i buy a sparco quick release would nrg be able to fit it in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

what about if you have a sparco and the theif has a sparco
Old 09-07-2005, 11:43 AM

It's unavoidable. If someone wants your car they'll get your car. People are ********.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (smash fascism)

maybe strip the NRG decal off the side of it, that might help. But don't limit yourself to one theft deterrance!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smash fascism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's unavoidable. If someone wants your car they'll get your car. People are ********.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly they do not need a steering wheel if they have a flat bed or a tow truck.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ralphie14)

put a small cover on the quick release when you get out of the car.... like a tupperwear lid or something...

just something so they cant identify it..... thats what i do
Old 09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you are worried about the thieves having the same steering wheel, or one that will work on your car, then use one of these.

http://www.inlinefour.com/raploccapfor.html
Old 09-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NRG came out with a lock for your hub now. It's a called a "hub lock" it locks over that nub and their specific fit for different hubs sold. So no two keys are the same
Old 09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/snapoff/snapoff.htm
Old 09-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

OT: Will any quick release hub work with a CTR wheel with SRS?

It sux to see what theives will go through these days. I say invest in more than 1 anti-theft deterrant.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedEK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OT: Will any quick release hub work with a CTR wheel with SRS?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No
Old 09-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone use this product?

i've never heard of it, and was just curious... i'm planning on getting some kind of removable steering wheel more for security, so just a bit curious.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (The_General)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The_General &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NRG came out with a lock for your hub now. It's a called a "hub lock" it locks over that nub and their specific fit for different hubs sold. So no two keys are the same </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes this is true, I am a dealer for NRG and I have seen the prototypes for these locks and they look clean. The design is similar to rapfix, but it is not going to be ridiculously priced like theirs. No 2 keys will be the same, The General is correct. The final production line will be released by the end of the year, and I will be selling these on HT. I'll keep u guys posted.

So sit tight guys and the secret is to layer the security, dont depend on one thing to save your car from being jacked. the QR hub is just another layer, but its a good one. It prevents opportunistic theives cuz they dont wanna **** with a car with no steering.

Modified by rukawa1one at 5:29 PM 9/7/2005
Old 09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (rukawa1one)

^^you say not a expensive as the rapfix. how much cheaper am i looking at??? the rapfix is $120 from inlinefour. maybe just a hint since its not released yet.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (94hatchling)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94hatchling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^you say not a expensive as the rapfix. how much cheaper am i looking at??? the rapfix is $120 from inlinefour. maybe just a hint since its not released yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I cant say for sure, but I wont know for sure unitl I receive final pricing after the product arrives. But it most likely will be a bit cheaper than Rapfix. Inlinefour is 120 without shipping and tax right?

Modified by rukawa1one at 5:31 PM 9/7/2005
Old 09-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (rukawa1one)

the lock does not look to secure...... u can get a flathead and ply tha **** open
Old 09-07-2005, 07:45 PM

****, just take the whole damn hub off...
Old 09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tr0n9h &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the lock does not look to secure...... u can get a flathead and ply tha **** open</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see what you're saying but if everything is done correctly to your car the theif won't have any elbow room. They won't be able to get the doors open without the keyless entry and they won't have any room to go under the steering column. The hub and an autolock should keep the there for a while. Most theifs would probably just give up. If you can't move anything (cause Honda's are tight on space) you can't really steal it. Especially if you have back up horns that are going off while they're trying to work.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION (The_General)

^^ Exactly. What thieves dont have on their side is time. The longer it takes, the less they want the car. If u give them enough obstacles, they will just give up. The more time used, the more likely someone will see or hear.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does the NRG quick release fit a sparco wheel as well? having trouble figuring this out completely of what works with what. thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smash fascism &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's unavoidable. If someone wants your car they'll get your car. People are ********.</TD></TR></TABLE>

YUP they will just towbed it, if its the last resort for them......
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94hatchling)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94hatchling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone use this product?

i've never heard of it, and was just curious... i'm planning on getting some kind of removable steering wheel more for security, so just a bit curious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been using these for a long time I've also installed a few. I tried to swap wheels, tried my steering wheel on my friends car no fit, same for all the others, even had a car with only this as a deterent. But like everyone else says if the theives want it they'll get it
Old 09-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94hatchling)

have mines for over a year now and it works great. install quite a few into my other friends cars and they all have different patterns and keys. tekniq gets a thumbups from me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94hatchling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone use this product?

i've never heard of it, and was just curious... i'm planning on getting some kind of removable steering wheel more for security, so just a bit curious.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-08-2005, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tr0n9h &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the lock does not look to secure...... u can get a flathead and ply tha **** open</TD></TR></TABLE>

you obviously have never seen one in person. I have the rapfix lock and that thing is friggin solid. the pins are horizontal to the tumbler so if you jam a screwdriver in there you are just forcing the lock closed not opening it. it also doesnt use cheap brass pins found in many locks youre familiar with.

Quick Reply: -----FOR THEIVES---- NRG QUICK RELEASE FOR MOMO STERRING WHELL QUESTION