Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Theft prevention suggestions? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/theft-prevention-suggestions-3218363/)

gxmrod 08-08-2014 05:53 AM

Theft prevention suggestions?

Any good theft prevention methods for an EJ1?
All comments are appreciated.

Erwann 08-08-2014 05:59 AM

Re: Theft prevention suggestions?

I use snap of and cobra alarm w/ GPS tracking for my EG, a bit expensive, but somebody already tried to steal my car...

B serious 08-08-2014 06:19 AM

On my ITR, I did a stealth install. With layers or security. I won't go into detail.

Then put a wasp nest underneath your dash. Wasps hate thieves.

Buy an elephant and duct tape a shark on top of it.

You know those spikes from mortal kombat? Yeah player. Under the seat.

Ever seen a WW2 flame thrower? You finna see one if you tryinna steal MY car.

tony_2018 08-08-2014 06:43 AM

Ecu wiring diagram and ignition diagrams should give you a clear idea of what you can disable, the12volt.com is a good site on how relays work. This is the best I can give you. I refuse to give any of my ideas away as it might affect my security layers.

gxmrod 08-08-2014 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by B serious (Post 49886750)
On my ITR, I did a stealth install. With layers or security. I won't go into detail.

Then put a wasp nest underneath your dash. Wasps hate thieves.

Buy an elephant and duct tape a shark on top of it.

You know those spikes from mortal kombat? Yeah player. Under the seat.

Ever seen a WW2 flame thrower? You finna see one if you tryinna steal MY car.

Lmao sounds like a plan man!

gxmrod 08-08-2014 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by tony_2018 (Post 49886789)
Ecu wiring diagram and ignition diagrams should give you a clear idea of what you can disable, the12volt.com is a good site on how relays work. This is the best I can give you. I refuse to give any of my ideas away as it might affect my security layers.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

gxmrod 08-08-2014 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Erwann (Post 49886729)
I use snap of and cobra alarm w/ GPS tracking for my EG, a bit expensive, but somebody already tried to steal my car...

Sorry to hear that! it's always worth it. Glad you had that alarm!

shotoutacc0rd 08-08-2014 10:05 AM

Relocate the clutch starter switch somewhere else, and remember to always put the car into neutral before starting.

install a phone w/ GPS under the dash or inside of the seat, wire up the charging cable, when your car gets stolen, "find my iphone" becomes "find my car". Plus its way cheaper than lojac

tony_2018 08-08-2014 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by shotoutacc0rd (Post 49887237)
Relocate the clutch starter switch somewhere else, and remember to always put the car into neutral before starting.

install a phone w/ GPS under the dash or inside of the seat, wire up the charging cable, when your car gets stolen, "find my iphone" becomes "find my car". Plus its way cheaper than lojac

There are real-time gps tracking devices that do not require cell data.

Re-locating the clutch switch doesn't do shit, I'm not even going to explain that one.

TomCat39 08-08-2014 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by gxmrod (Post 49886715)

My method is simple, I buy a beater looking car, fix up all the mechanical but let the rusted fender wells, the rips seat and near stock worn interior and the shitty chipped paint with my basic old alarm immobilizer be the deterrent. So far so good. No one bothers my car.

deschlong 08-08-2014 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by TomCat39 (Post 49887395)
My method is simple, I buy a beater looking car, fix up all the mechanical but let the rusted fender wells, the rips seat and near stock worn interior and the shitty chipped paint with my basic old alarm immobilizer be the deterrent. So far so good. No one bothers my car.

Bonus: Live in Canada. Fewer Civic thieves.

(I AM KNOCKING ON WOOD RIGHT NOW BTW...)

B_Swapped93 08-08-2014 02:57 PM

I can confirm B-serious's method works 100%... the shark was hard to find being in Canada and all but a polar bear sufficed for me.

Depending where you live just park a less desirable car behind you or in the garage. I just parked mine in the underground lot for our condo, had walk around 24/7 security so I was lucky that way.

deschlong 08-08-2014 03:05 PM

OP: Here is your reading for the next month. Grok it.

andoxviii 08-08-2014 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by gxmrod (Post 49886715)

Do you really not know ANY methods? Really? :hammer:

'B serious' had the only acceptable answer here. So much fail. I can't believe how many members took this thread seriously.

And before you guys go hating on me for saying what you all wanted to say anyways...keep in mind he said "All comments are appreciated."

shotoutacc0rd 08-08-2014 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by tony_2018 (Post 49887338)
There are real-time gps tracking devices that do not require cell data.

Re-locating the clutch switch doesn't do shit, I'm not even going to explain that one.

relocating the clutch switch does more than you know, you're not explaining it because its benefits are more numerous than you can possibly imagine.

NotARaCist 08-08-2014 03:53 PM

Holy shit. There's a completely separate subforum for this, and not a single one of you have pointed it out to OP. Fuck, we even have a moderator telling OP to go to a different forum! What the actual hell is wrong with you guys?

Audio / Security / Video. Click it.

tony_2018 08-08-2014 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by shotoutacc0rd (Post 49888026)
relocating the clutch switch does more than you know, you're not explaining it because its benefits are more numerous than you can possibly imagine.

Just stfu....I'm not explaining squat when it comes to security. Read the ignition diagrams and engine harness diagram, both going back to the ecu. I make you a bet you go ahead and relocate that silly clutch switch and I'll verify that that is the only thing you relocated and if I'm able to start it than your ride is mine legitimately, title transfer and all. OH WAIT YOU DRIVE AN AUTOMATIC. No thanks.

deschlong 08-08-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by NotARacist (Post 49888090)
Holy shit. There's a completely separate subforum for this, and not a single one of you have pointed it out to OP.

This is true.

Fuck, we even have a moderator telling OP to go to a different forum! What the actual hell is wrong with you guys?

Audio / Security / Video. Click it.
There is nothing untowards about pointing out resources outside of HT, up to and including DIYs for security. The Cause for Alarm site (which used to be hosted independently, now at civic-eg.com) is very useful reading about stealth alarm installation. Arguably the most comprehensive on the web, esp. for Hondas.

/Thread closed since OP has his answer and this was posted in the wrong forum anyway as the user above rightly pointed out.