Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think?

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks to H-T... I was able to do the complete swap all form informatioin found on this site. This is by far the most technical site I've been a member of.

Here's my project

The Old

The New

In Progress

Installed

This thing is a Beast!!! 200 whp 134 ft lbs Torque... before I go turbo.
I'm more than happy with this motor-Thanks again guys!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (j_scobar)

cool. Didnt come with Jasma Mugen header?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (turbojdmhatch)

No, but I plan on going turbo soon so it wasn't such a big deal, headers are inculded with a greddy.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (j_scobar)

If it is a type-r why would u go turbo? the pistons are already 11:1 meaning high compression. if u plan to go turbo u would want low compression pistons.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (turbojdmhatch)

Good job on the swap. It looks great. I love HT too....
Old 04-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think thats the first cleanly done wide body kit that ive ever liked on a civic...im not gonna lie...it looks good and im very against anything not stock
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (EKstacy)

it is a great swap my buddy just put a JDM type-r into his del slo and lets just say its not to slow anymore breaks less in 2nd through VTEC one of the fastest all motor cars I have ridin in. me early tonight when i was with him.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it looks like ur front strut bar is on the wrong way.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbojdmhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it is a type-r why would u go turbo? the pistons are already 11:1 meaning high compression. if u plan to go turbo u would want low compression pistons. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can boost high compression motors just fine. Make sure you have a good tuner that knows what they're doing.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lilo_goki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it looks like ur front strut bar is on the wrong way.</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2 i was just about to say that when i was looking at the pics

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reaction360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can boost high compression motors just fine. Make sure you have a good tuner that knows what they're doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i guess but still doesnt make sense. all motor usually have high compression pistons and run 100 octane depending on the compression ratio. When a ton of turbo cars run low compression pistons. But hey his car i say do what u want and X1000 on the good tune
Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Thanks, I still have a lot of work to do on it. I'd like to redo the interior w/ GSR leather seats and maybe get all new door panels. The car is shaved all the way around so i have to use pop locks to open then inside and out so now I have no need for the door handles or the locks in the inside of the car. Anyone have any suggesitons?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had GSR leathers in my hatch took them out and put in LS cloth seats with the leather backs they are nice a lot more comfortable. The previous owner did the swap and it took my buddy and me forever to get the LS seats in due to f*cked up bolt patterns
Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 PM

You know I have a friend that said the same thing, that and that there hot as hell when you get in the car. I really just like the look. Maybe I can just go with some Spacros... I'm open for all suggestioins.

Modified by j_scobar at 7:12 AM 4/10/2008
Old 04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reaction360 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can boost high compression motors just fine. Make sure you have a good tuner that knows what they're doing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true and it will run well with adequate parts and tune but without knowing what your doing say goodbye to your $4k+ motor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbojdmhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it is a great swap my buddy just put a JDM type-r into his del slo and lets just say its not to slow anymore breaks less in 2nd through VTEC one of the fastest all motor cars I have ridin in. me early tonight when i was with him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i had you reachin for the "OH-****" handle
Old 04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (2wheelhunter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2wheelhunter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

true and it will run well with adequate parts and tune but without knowing what your doing say goodbye to your $4k+ motor

i had you reachin for the "OH-****" handle </TD></TR></TABLE>

def reachin for the oh **** bar
Old 04-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Yeah I can see that... this motor is all torque... Do you plan on doing anything else to your set up... any desire for more power?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbojdmhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbojdmhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
x2 i was just about to say that when i was looking at the pics

i guess but still doesnt make sense. all motor usually have high compression pistons and run 100 octane depending on the compression ratio. When a ton of turbo cars run low compression pistons. But hey his car i say do what u want and X1000 on the good tune</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, alot of the High hp guys run higher compression, I've seen anywhere from 10.5-11.5:1 cr setups. Lower compression simply gives you more room to f*@k up. and less chances of detonating. but its all in the tune. The true weak link is the cast pistons.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:57 PM

Default Re: (reaction360)

Yeah, alot of the High hp guys run higher compression, I've seen anywhere from 10.5-11.5:1 cr setups. Lower compression simply gives you more room to f*@k up. and less chances of detonating. but its all in the tune. The true weak link is the cast pistons.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree /\
Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, alot of the High hp guys run higher compression, I've seen anywhere from 10.5-11.5:1 cr setups. Lower compression simply gives you more room to f*@k up. and less chances of detonating. but its all in the tune. The true weak link is the cast pistons.</TD></TR></TABLE>
true thats why I said x1000 on the tune i just love the throttle response of 2wheelhunters motor compared to my turbo lag(thats also in 4th gear at like 35MPH) my turbo is small and barely has any turbo lag. its pretty much spooled at 3k rpm's
Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbojdmhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
true thats why I said x1000 on the tune i just love the throttle response of 2wheelhunters motor compared to my turbo lag(thats also in 4th gear at like 35MPH) my turbo is small and barely has any turbo lag. its pretty much spooled at 3k rpm's </TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, i miss the days of spool that fast, I havent seen spool under 5k in awhile haha.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, i miss the days of spool that fast, I havent seen spool under 5k in awhile haha.</TD></TR></TABLE>
no ball bearing? haha ive got a greddy td04 turbo on a d15b7 motor pretty surprised on how much 4 psi woke my car up. sucks that i dont have the money for any of my fuel upgrades yet and im running an FMU
Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 AM

Spooling that quik makes a big difference huh...
Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucky SOB. I want an ITR engine so bad. Well, have fun with it.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:56 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (j_scobar)

clean swap man. I like it a lot and your body kit looks pretty okay.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think? (EJ8freek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8freek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lucky SOB. I want an ITR engine so bad. Well, have fun with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I intend to... to tell you the truth, I'm a little afraid of taking it out at night, this thing is so Quick, it's really hard to lay off the gas!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spivt11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">clean swap man. I like it a lot and your body kit looks pretty okay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty Okay... I think it's suuweet! I would like to get the rear wheels about an inch wider though. I'm not to keen on the wheels being tucked in too much I like then when they're flush.

Thanks for the positive feedback though

Quick Reply: Thanks H-T... Heres my completed swap-JDM B18C Type-R -what do you think?