Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

temp gauge problem need help::

Old 02-27-2009, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temp gauge problem need help::

I am a proud owner of a beautiful 1999 Civic Si for 8 years now. I only have 61K original miles on it. Pluse im the original owner!!

I never had any major problems with it until now. For some odd reason my temp gauge in my car works but dosent haha if that makes any scents. Well let me explain. First off i live in Pennsylvania and i do NOT drive my car in the winter. Before i put it into storage in the fall of last year (2008) My temp gauge worked fine when it was warm out during the day. It would read fine like the day i bought it but when it is cold and chilly outside at night it wouldnt hardly work. Like now i just had it out and my temp gauge will only be right at the C mark or not even touching it (this is while i drive around all night and day) this last couple weeks of this month. NOTE i always let my car warm up for 5 or 10 min before i drive it. I do this with every car i owned. I had my car out these last couple weeks cause the roads here have no snow anymore and the days are some what warm plus i miss driving my car ya know but when im driving around my temp gauge will move just a hair above the C mark and other times it wont touch the C mark at all. Now if i dont drive it and keep it at idle for a long period of time my temp guage reads normal like it is summer outside but when i drive it it will go back down to the C mark. Like i said before it only does this when the weather is cold but when the weather is nice and warm my temp gauge works absolutely FINE. So if any one can help me with this problem i will be really thankfull

Thanks Ian