Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

temp gauge in cluster problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temp gauge in cluster problems.

In an atempt to make my cluster light up amber. I put some amber type film behind the faces. it looks great but on the temp gauge I put the film close to the bulb. Them bulbs get pretty hot.
Now the thing is my temp gauge shoots up all the way, dunno why, I think the film heats up with the bulb so I thought maybe the gauge itself was heat sensative and the film is closer to the gauge, doesn't really make sense but thats all I could think of. I know the guage still works cus when the car is off it goes down. but as soon as the lights go on. it shoots up. I actually havent checked if it works ok with the lights off. but i think it does the same. any ideas????
Old 10-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: temp gauge in cluster problems. (Mrfeee1)

hrm, the gauge itself doesn't take the temp of the motor, the sensor/probe around the thermostat housing does. Therefore the heat of the needle/gauge shouldn't affect the read out. When you keep your car closed up in the summer and its like 120 degrees in there, it doesn't make your gauge go to the red does it? If it shoots up all the way at once, check to see if the film is pushing the needle. Just my 2 cents

Old 10-07-2004, 08:40 AM

Default Re: temp gauge in cluster problems. (doublejz)

yea i doubted that the gauge sensed the heat. it's just wierd. i doubt the film is pushing it since the needle does come down when the car is off.