Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Really!?!?!
Would I lie to you?

Originally Posted by JDMdoode
The only thing that’s been stopping me
is cutting into my SIR bumper. I’m not very concerned that it’s not the proper fog to use.
that, and I’ve already got a bumper fog; I’m not interested in spending money on a set of tail lights. It will probably be something I regret later on like a tattoo, but oh well. My car’s already ricey anyways
Here's the thing: Follow my DIY and you don't need tails. Same principle on EK as EG. Verrrry inexpensive mod.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:45 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by deschlong
Would I lie to you?
I'd be down to emplement that in my Sedan but I'm sure my local pd will think I'm driving around with my reverse lights on. Any links?

After seeing how passionate you are about implementing oem functions from other countries of course I would never call you a troll. But don't take advantage of that.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:57 PM

I'd be down to emplement that in my Sedan but I'm sure my local pd will think I'm driving around with my reverse lights on. Any links?
Ahh, you're thinking rear fog is white like front fog. No, that would be a terrible idea. Rear is red, bright like a brake light. And you only use it in poor weather, so it's not a heat score if it's not on when it's not needed, right? Right? Because then it's glaring and worse for other driver's and ultimately yourself too, and defeats the purpose of adding a safety feature. Link in my DIYs in my sig: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgw2d6hg_241gsjv7scv
Old 04-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Fish Twig

Ahh, you're thinking rear fog is white like front fog. No, that would be a terrible idea. Rear is red, bright like a brake light. And you only use it in poor weather, so it's not a heat score if it's not on when it's not needed, right? Right? Because then it's glaring and worse for other driver's and ultimately yourself too, and defeats the purpose of adding a safety feature. Link in my DIYs in my sig: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgw2d6hg_241gsjv7scv

Just finished doing some search and I can only find it for the coupes and hatchbacks, the fogs are integrated with the rear tail lights. So far no sedans were found. I might have to do a search on an oem dealer site in the uk. But thats low priority for me.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 AM

Just finished doing some search and I can only find it for the coupes and hatchbacks, the fogs are integrated with the rear tail lights. So far no sedans were found. I might have to do a search on an oem dealer site in the uk. But thats low priority for me.
Sedan rears are identical to Coupe rears for the 5th Gen Civic. Operation would be identical.
I actually don't know how the 6th Gen Sedan/Coupe ones differ, but operationally would be identical too.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Sedan rears are identical to Coupe rears for the 5th Gen Civic. Operation would be identical.
I actually don't know how the 6th Gen Sedan/Coupe ones differ, but operationally would be identical too.
They are the same for coupes and sedans, the hatch backs were the only models that used a rear bumper light if I recall correctly.

For the sedan or coupe you basically just change the centers to light up at full power all the time instead of lighting up as a brake light.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats the em1 riding on?
Probably cut springs or eBay coils. I havent had a chance to look under it yet, its just parked at my work for the time being until I sell my ex
Old 04-15-2019, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car had paper work that the clutch was changed about 60k miles ago, seems to be true based on pressure plate appearance atleast. I'm just dumbfounded they didnt replace the rear main seal

Naaasty

Old 04-16-2019, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
They are the same for coupes and sedans, the hatch backs were the only models that used a rear bumper light if I recall correctly.

For the sedan or coupe you basically just change the centers to light up at full power all the time instead of lighting up as a brake light.
You're right in the sense that my centre tail lamps work as parking/running lights, and I have my left one (though you could also have both) wired to turn on bright like a brake lamp when I press the rear fog light switch. I wouldn't want it running bright like that all the time (not permitted nor would it be advisable due to glare and confusion to other drivers).
Old 04-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right in the sense that my centre tail lamps work as parking/running lights, and I have my left one (though you could also have both) wired to turn on bright like a brake lamp when I press the rear fog light switch. I wouldn't want it running bright like that all the time (not permitted nor would it be advisable due to glare and confusion to other drivers).
Hence the invention of the third brake light.

Really of all the accessories the rear fog is the least desired. It was mandatory on all European cars, where as a dimmer switch was not even available. Given the fact the rear fog button on an ek takes the place of the dimmer or cruise control, its rather useless. I have 2 spare rear fog buttons as well
Old 04-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Fish Twig

I was thinking 'why not just wire it in with the current fog light button', just haven't gotten past that question yet.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was thinking 'why not just wire it in with the current fog light button', just haven't gotten past that question yet.
Because the specific usage of a rear fog light is to draw more attention to your vehicle in poor visibility conditions. On a clear night on a 20 year old honda civic its going to look like you have a tail light that isnt wired correctly.

For example my 300c has rear fog lights, you ideally use them in heavy down pours or in heavy fog or snow so that you increase the range people can see you, so if youre going 10 under or 20 under the speed limit some one driving a aggressively or closing at a fast rate of speed can see you and not run you over. To avoid that issue, you drive the speed limit! Lol

Rear fog light is like turning on your hazards in the rain.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Fish Twig

Of course, but I would have to mirror coat the section that I'll be using as the rear fogs on the tail lights to improve output.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-17-2019, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 178 Likes on 151 Posts

Beautiful. Makes me want one.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:28 PM
Fish Twig

I know, I miss mine too.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986
Beautiful. Makes me want one.
Here's the before picture

And finished the rear main seal on the ej8. It was so bad the old seal literally fell off of the crank when I took off the flywheel.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 AM
Corvette Forum Member

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

So i did two fun things this weekend. My wife and I bought a 2018 Sport Hatchback for her, and then turned around and bought a 92 CX hatch with a B20 swap for me. We've got a problem. A hatch problem...

The CX needs some work, but I knew that going in. Mechanically, she's solid. Cosmetically, as you can see, she needs some love. But hey, I love a good challenge.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by LiteraCola
So i did two fun things this weekend. My wife and I bought a 2018 Sport Hatchback for her, and then turned around and bought a 92 CX hatch with a B20 swap for me. We've got a problem. A hatch problem...

The CX needs some work, but I knew that going in. Mechanically, she's solid. Cosmetically, as you can see, she needs some love. But hey, I love a good challenge.

Excellent!
Old 04-18-2019, 03:18 PM
Fish Twig

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Here's the before picture

And finished the rear main seal on the ej8. It was so bad the old seal literally fell off of the crank when I took off the flywheel.

I remember that em1! I dodged it, looked so bad.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember that em1! I dodged it, looked so bad.
Yeah, totally agree. Some one got it really close to looking like it never happened though

Old 04-18-2019, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed out lights in gauge cluster to ice blue LEDs and upgraded taillights to LED also.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:54 AM
Corvette Forum Member

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll be ordering some goodies for the EH2 today.. typical maintenance stuff, plus a few other odds and ends. I'm also making a PickAPart list. Side skirts, random interior pieces, etc. Dude "painted" some of the plastics and its all peeling off, so I've got quite a bit of work to do! Carpet needs to be shampooed, old speaker wiring needs to be cleaned up.

At some point I'll also be getting a new dipstick. With the way the (Megan Racing, I think?) header is made, it hits the dipstick. So when you insert the dipstick you have to turn it 90 degrees to get past the header. This has caused the very end of the dip stick to break off. I'm hoping it's at the bottom of the pan and not wedged somewhere else inside the engine...

I noticed on one of the Honda parts sites that there are two different dipstick part numbers listed for the B20. Can anyone offer any insight to which is correct?

Aaaand she's got a pretty nasty exhaust leak. The downpipe to cat flange is missing a spring and bolt so I'm about 99% sure that's where it's coming from.

Maybe it's time I start another build thread...?
Old 04-19-2019, 06:31 AM
Fish Twig

YOOO! WB
Old 04-20-2019, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interior Update:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today