Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

 
Old 04-14-2019, 12:26 PM
  #4851  
Oh look, I can change this
iTrader: (8)
 
deschlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Above you
Posts: 5,883
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Really!?!?!
Would I lie to you?

Originally Posted by JDMdoode View Post
The only thing thatís been stopping me
is cutting into my SIR bumper. Iím not very concerned that itís not the proper fog to use.
that, and Iíve already got a bumper fog; Iím not interested in spending money on a set of tail lights. It will probably be something I regret later on like a tattoo, but oh well. My carís already ricey anyways
Here's the thing: Follow my DIY and you don't need tails. Same principle on EK as EG. Verrrry inexpensive mod.
deschlong is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 12:45 PM
  #4852  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 12,410
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
Would I lie to you?
I'd be down to emplement that in my Sedan but I'm sure my local pd will think I'm driving around with my reverse lights on. Any links?

After seeing how passionate you are about implementing oem functions from other countries of course I would never call you a troll. But don't take advantage of that.
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 12:57 PM
  #4853  
Oh look, I can change this
iTrader: (8)
 
deschlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Above you
Posts: 5,883
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
I'd be down to emplement that in my Sedan but I'm sure my local pd will think I'm driving around with my reverse lights on. Any links?
Ahh, you're thinking rear fog is white like front fog. No, that would be a terrible idea. Rear is red, bright like a brake light. And you only use it in poor weather, so it's not a heat score if it's not on when it's not needed, right? Right? Because then it's glaring and worse for other driver's and ultimately yourself too, and defeats the purpose of adding a safety feature. Link in my DIYs in my sig: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgw2d6hg_241gsjv7scv
deschlong is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 01:43 PM
  #4854  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 12,410
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
Ahh, you're thinking rear fog is white like front fog. No, that would be a terrible idea. Rear is red, bright like a brake light. And you only use it in poor weather, so it's not a heat score if it's not on when it's not needed, right? Right? Because then it's glaring and worse for other driver's and ultimately yourself too, and defeats the purpose of adding a safety feature. Link in my DIYs in my sig: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgw2d6hg_241gsjv7scv

Just finished doing some search and I can only find it for the coupes and hatchbacks, the fogs are integrated with the rear tail lights. So far no sedans were found. I might have to do a search on an oem dealer site in the uk. But thats low priority for me.
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 AM
  #4855  
Oh look, I can change this
iTrader: (8)
 
deschlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Above you
Posts: 5,883
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Just finished doing some search and I can only find it for the coupes and hatchbacks, the fogs are integrated with the rear tail lights. So far no sedans were found. I might have to do a search on an oem dealer site in the uk. But thats low priority for me.
Sedan rears are identical to Coupe rears for the 5th Gen Civic. Operation would be identical.
I actually don't know how the 6th Gen Sedan/Coupe ones differ, but operationally would be identical too.
deschlong is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 05:12 PM
  #4856  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
Sedan rears are identical to Coupe rears for the 5th Gen Civic. Operation would be identical.
I actually don't know how the 6th Gen Sedan/Coupe ones differ, but operationally would be identical too.
They are the same for coupes and sedans, the hatch backs were the only models that used a rear bumper light if I recall correctly.

For the sedan or coupe you basically just change the centers to light up at full power all the time instead of lighting up as a brake light.
chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 05:15 PM
  #4857  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Whats the em1 riding on?
Probably cut springs or eBay coils. I havent had a chance to look under it yet, its just parked at my work for the time being until I sell my ex
chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:04 PM
  #4858  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Car had paper work that the clutch was changed about 60k miles ago, seems to be true based on pressure plate appearance atleast. I'm just dumbfounded they didnt replace the rear main seal

Naaasty





chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 02:46 AM
  #4859  
Oh look, I can change this
iTrader: (8)
 
deschlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Above you
Posts: 5,883
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by chrysler kid View Post
They are the same for coupes and sedans, the hatch backs were the only models that used a rear bumper light if I recall correctly.

For the sedan or coupe you basically just change the centers to light up at full power all the time instead of lighting up as a brake light.
You're right in the sense that my centre tail lamps work as parking/running lights, and I have my left one (though you could also have both) wired to turn on bright like a brake lamp when I press the rear fog light switch. I wouldn't want it running bright like that all the time (not permitted nor would it be advisable due to glare and confusion to other drivers).
deschlong is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 01:35 PM
  #4860  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
You're right in the sense that my centre tail lamps work as parking/running lights, and I have my left one (though you could also have both) wired to turn on bright like a brake lamp when I press the rear fog light switch. I wouldn't want it running bright like that all the time (not permitted nor would it be advisable due to glare and confusion to other drivers).
Hence the invention of the third brake light.


Really of all the accessories the rear fog is the least desired. It was mandatory on all European cars, where as a dimmer switch was not even available. Given the fact the rear fog button on an ek takes the place of the dimmer or cruise control, its rather useless. I have 2 spare rear fog buttons as well
chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 05:29 PM
  #4861  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 12,410
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

I was thinking 'why not just wire it in with the current fog light button', just haven't gotten past that question yet.
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 06:36 PM
  #4862  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
I was thinking 'why not just wire it in with the current fog light button', just haven't gotten past that question yet.
Because the specific usage of a rear fog light is to draw more attention to your vehicle in poor visibility conditions. On a clear night on a 20 year old honda civic its going to look like you have a tail light that isnt wired correctly.

For example my 300c has rear fog lights, you ideally use them in heavy down pours or in heavy fog or snow so that you increase the range people can see you, so if youre going 10 under or 20 under the speed limit some one driving a aggressively or closing at a fast rate of speed can see you and not run you over. To avoid that issue, you drive the speed limit! Lol

Rear fog light is like turning on your hazards in the rain.
chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-16-2019, 06:56 PM
  #4863  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 12,410
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Of course, but I would have to mirror coat the section that I'll be using as the rear fogs on the tail lights to improve output.
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:45 AM
  #4864  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today



chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 03:09 PM
  #4865  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Chrisfrom1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 404
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Beautiful. Makes me want one.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 05:28 PM
  #4866  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 12,410
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

I know, I miss mine too.
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 09:46 PM
  #4867  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Beautiful. Makes me want one.
Here's the before picture








And finished the rear main seal on the ej8. It was so bad the old seal literally fell off of the crank when I took off the flywheel.




chrysler kid is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 AM
  #4868  
Corvette Forum Member
 
LiteraCola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: King George VA
Posts: 413
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

So i did two fun things this weekend. My wife and I bought a 2018 Sport Hatchback for her, and then turned around and bought a 92 CX hatch with a B20 swap for me. We've got a problem. A hatch problem...

The CX needs some work, but I knew that going in. Mechanically, she's solid. Cosmetically, as you can see, she needs some love. But hey, I love a good challenge.



LiteraCola is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:10 AM
  #4869  
Honda-Tech Member
 
94 Civic Si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Estados Unidos
Posts: 1,770
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by LiteraCola View Post
So i did two fun things this weekend. My wife and I bought a 2018 Sport Hatchback for her, and then turned around and bought a 92 CX hatch with a B20 swap for me. We've got a problem. A hatch problem...

The CX needs some work, but I knew that going in. Mechanically, she's solid. Cosmetically, as you can see, she needs some love. But hey, I love a good challenge.


Excellent!
94 Civic Si is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 03:18 PM
  #4870  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 12,410
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by chrysler kid View Post
Here's the before picture








And finished the rear main seal on the ej8. It was so bad the old seal literally fell off of the crank when I took off the flywheel.



I remember that em1! I dodged it, looked so bad.
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 PM
  #4871  
Honda-Tech Member
 
chrysler kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas, USA
Posts: 1,332
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
I remember that em1! I dodged it, looked so bad.
Yeah, totally agree. Some one got it really close to looking like it never happened though





chrysler kid is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
POE
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
22
04-04-2019 08:25 AM
super_subie
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
1
01-25-2018 07:47 AM
del sol1993
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
11
02-26-2017 01:14 PM
Nbboy7
For Sale
1240
08-12-2016 07:06 AM
dadsdelsol
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
0
05-23-2016 09:33 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: