Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

I can understand that. I hope you've enjoyed the journey as to me, that's the most important thing.

Hell, maybe the bug might hit you again in a couple of years or maybe it will be a different breed vehicle that takes your fancy.

Either way, I will say it's been a pleasure to witness even if it may not seem like it sometimes.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:18 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah. I'm just moving onto bigger things. Squeezing 350 out of this Honda has been interesting, to say the least. My Accord 6/6 sits at 260 stock, though, and an LQ4 starts at 350, 400 with a simple hot cam. Just too much time and money to get the big numbers out of a Honda anymore for me.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
Thanks. The Civic has gone through some changes over the past year. Supercharger went on, car got tuned, supercharger came off, clutch locked up, 6 puck got shoved in, T3T04E got bolted on, valvesprings and cams got upgraded...I think the era of the Civic might be coming to a close though. I might be finishing the current project, then putting it up for sale.
wanna sell the supercharger?
Old 06-04-2017, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by tony_2018
wanna sell the supercharger?
already did. Something in it was funky anyway, you wouldn't have wanted to deal with it. Also, M45 blower is a dinky little ******.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Fish Twig

What you been building bro?
Old 06-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Been working on the turbo setup, and driving my Accord. Also built custom projector headlights for the Accord, and custom wired some fog lights. Also also, been working full time and taking a CDL class, so my time to actually **** with cars is borderlining on nil.

As for the Civic, can anyone identify what's wrong here? I already know, just testing y'all

Name:  TANZR6a.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  592.6 KB
Old 06-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ayisien_eg

Just did the swap, now I am going to take it for a spin ✌��️✌����
mmmm volks

Last edited by toyomatt84; 06-04-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts

As for the Civic, can anyone identify what's wrong here? I already know, just testing y'all
Looks like you forgot your valve cover...
Old 06-05-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 94 Civic Si
Looks like you forgot your valve cover...
I mean, you wouldn't be able to see the problem if the valve cover was on...**** it, here's hint number 1

Old 06-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Hysterically Calm

I'm assuming the extremely washed out quality of the photo's does not make a difference in spotting the "issue".
Old 06-05-2017, 01:47 PM
Premium Member

I mean, you wouldn't be able to see the problem if the valve cover was on...**** it, here's hint number 1

Sorry man, I was just being a jack-a$$, b/c I am not figuring out your riddle...
Old 06-05-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by TomCat39
I'm assuming the extremely washed out quality of the photo's does not make a difference in spotting the "issue".
That's what happens when grease gets from your hands onto the lens of your phone case. Also, no, it's still clearly visible.

Sorry man, I was just being a jack-a$$, b/c I am not figuring out your riddle...
No worries.

How about hint number 2. If y'all don't get it now, we have bigger issues here in the tech section

Old 06-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Hysterically Calm

My first thought was mechanically out of time based on the #1 lobes but then I thought that the intake and exhaust valves probably shouldn't be "in sync" with each other. And by that I mean in the same position mechanically. I suppose they should be pretty close to 180* opposite of each other eh?

But now seeing your gears it's obvious the mechanical timing is out regardless of lobe position.

If it's something else, I have zero experience with B series at this stage so only things not model specific (requiring clear pictures) would stand out to me like cracks, missing head bolts etc.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:01 PM

Yep, timing is way the **** out. One of the cams hopped. Those small holes in the cams in the first and second pictures, you can drop a 4mm pin down the hole in the cam caps to lock the cams at TDC. It's how you're supposed to set mechanical timing on a B series. Third pic, the cams should both be pointing the same direction.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Hysterically Calm

Yep, timing is way the **** out. One of the cams hopped. Those small holes in the cams in the first and second pictures, you can drop a 4mm pin down the hole in the cam caps to lock the cams at TDC. It's how you're supposed to set mechanical timing on a B series. Third pic, the cams should both be pointing the same direction.
If you had adjustable cam gears and were advancing the intake for performance purposes, that would throw the lock pins out a little wouldn't it? Say 2 degree advance on the intake, the pin hole would be slightly off on that cam?
Old 06-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Fish Twig

Sorry, wasn't following this thread. But damn, how did that happen? Look like regular cam sprockets.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by TomCat39
If you had adjustable cam gears and were advancing the intake for performance purposes, that would throw the lock pins out a little wouldn't it? Say 2 degree advance on the intake, the pin hole would be slightly off on that cam?
It would, but even then, there's a procedure. Lock everything at TDC, install belt, then make timing adjustments.

Sorry, wasn't following this thread. But damn, how did that happen? Look like regular cam sprockets.
Fucked if I know
Old 06-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So i have a 96 civic with si instrument cluster. I have the b18c v-tech jdm motor with type r trany and a jdm type r ecu with direct injected nos and i belive it has the obd2a to obd1 tha has all been tucked so there is nothing under the hood other than the one wire pack that comes out of the bottom of the firewall.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oops i may have posted in the wrong spot
Old 06-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed coilovers on the civic. This is the stance before. Uneven and cringe worthy.
F2 type 1 installed. So much better.
Also installed honda odyssey center caps. Car is slowly coming around. Been on the road since january without an issue. Completely satisfied with how the car is being reliable. Now im stepping up the power with either a jrsc or zex dry kit soon.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Fish Twig

Diggin the rims. Nice.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Fish Twig

So I passed inspection, timing is good to go on the civic. Its time to work on the Tacoma so I can install the turbo on the civic. This tacoma is going to kill me with all the work that is needed

- Frame rust, looks minor but I won't know until I tear into it.
- balljoints, the 1st gen tacoma's were known to have both upper and lower balljoints failed and since I know my aunt she probably never replace the damn thing.
- engine minor overhaul, will be doing the same thing I did with the civic.
- alarm, if I plan to add some upgrades i want to at least protect my little investment.
- audio, one of the investments I want to do to improve my road trips.
- suspension, yeah bushings are fucked cuz she drove over flooded roads and didn't think of the consequences in the long run.
- bodywork, rear passenger door was hit and bondo work is needed.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Premium Member

So I passed inspection, timing is good to go on the civic. Its time to work on the Tacoma so I can install the turbo on the civic. This tacoma is going to kill me with all the work that is needed

- Frame rust, looks minor but I won't know until I tear into it.
- balljoints, the 1st gen tacoma's were known to have both upper and lower balljoints failed and since I know my aunt she probably never replace the damn thing.
- engine minor overhaul, will be doing the same thing I did with the civic.
- alarm, if I plan to add some upgrades i want to at least protect my little investment.
- audio, one of the investments I want to do to improve my road trips.
- suspension, yeah bushings are fucked cuz she drove over flooded roads and didn't think of the consequences in the long run.
- bodywork, rear passenger door was hit and bondo work is needed.
I think there is an ongoing recall on Taco frames due to corrosion - check this out...
Old 06-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Fish Twig

I think there is an ongoing recall on Taco frames due to corrosion - check this out...
Not on this 02 model and its only in specific regions of the US. I bought a usb endoscope camera with LEDs so i can snake it inside the frame. Its not high quality but it gives me a view inside the frame rails. Will go from there.

I love the 1st gen tacoma's, dunno why but ever since owning a 98 single cab and having it survive a katrina flood I feel they were built pretty solid (still kicking today). Its just when telling someone else that its built to last and they don't keep up with maintenance or do any preventive maintenance the truck goes to ****.

Still figuring out whether I should go with ES bushings or oem rubber bushings..
Old 06-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i FINALLY drove it home!! my simple b20 swap took me roughly a year. motivation sucks to get back once its lost and mix that with a lack of experience and it makes for a bad day. but thanks to a good friend who helped me not only regain motivation but correctly time it (somehow i had NO tension on my belt) its now running and driving. few small things to fix, replace 2 coolant hoses and time the dizzy. after that might look into putting AC in it. i have all the parts and i am to fat to be sweating lol
i am satisfied with the yonaka mounts and exhaust though. good stuff for the price.

Quick Reply: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today