Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

put the flp shifter in.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my car knows im looking at more family oriented suvs, way home today it sputters and pops. Get home throw the scan tool on it, crank sensor code.......fml
Old 04-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After replacing my coil, wires, and plugs, the acceleration sputter continued. No CEL, timing is right on, the fuel pressure was spot on, and I replaced the filter... AND I could reasonably assume the cat convertor was good.

I got a really good deal on 4 new B&A injectors including the gaskets for $135 total shipped.

Installed them, and I'm happy to report, the sputter is gone, and I have my vroom vroom back ;-)

Happy Easter All!

Joseph
Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph Michaud
After replacing my coil, wires, and plugs, the acceleration sputter continued. No CEL, timing is right on, the fuel pressure was spot on, and I replaced the filter... AND I could reasonably assume the cat convertor was good.

I got a really good deal on 4 new B&A injectors including the gaskets for $135 total shipped.

Installed them, and I'm happy to report, the sputter is gone, and I have my vroom vroom back ;-)

Happy Easter All!

Joseph
I do believe I mentioned a quality fuel injection cleaner and the fuel filter in your thread regarding your sputter. Granted, you may not have access to a quality fuel injection cleaner as many of the auto parts store cleaners are sub par in my opinion, but even the quality ones are way cheaper than new injectors......

Or, I'm confusing you with another similar post/thread..... (quite probable)
Old 04-15-2017, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tomcat,

It very well could be, you have been amazing at giving me great advice. I didn't go into great depth describing my troubleshooting here, because I figured this is more of an upbeat progress thread.

Not only have I used several different intake cleaning solutions, but last year I removed the injectors and ran a cleaner thru and backflush all of the injectors many times. I replaced the fuel filter a year ago, and replaced it the day I replaced the injectors as well.

​​​​The entire exhaust behind the exhaust manifold is about a year old. The way I looked at it, the injectors were nearly 300k miles old, and while they were still squirting when they got voltage, I had no way of knowing how much they were spraying. Through history and a lot of research, i concluded it was either the injectors, a fault in the wires leading to the injectors, timing belt stretched, ecu was going bad, or possibly the new cat convertor went bad.

what I did know, was regardless what it turned out to be, I'm not going to get rid of the car. So I looked for a good set of injectors with the understanding that even if that didn't fix the problem, it wasn't a bad idea to replace them anyway.

When i found a set of 4 new Beck/Arnley 158-0437 $140 shipped, i really couldn't pass it up. Fortunately, that solved the problem.

After replacing them, I reset the ecu, and let it program itself.

The only negative thing about it is it doesn't start up cold as well as before. It takes a few cranks to fire up, where before just turning the key would instantly fire it up. It isn't "bad" really, just different.

But I can live with it.

Originally Posted by TomCat39
I do believe I mentioned a quality fuel injection cleaner and the fuel filter in your thread regarding your sputter. Granted, you may not have access to a quality fuel injection cleaner as many of the auto parts store cleaners are sub par in my opinion, but even the quality ones are way cheaper than new injectors......

Or, I'm confusing you with another similar post/thread..... (quite probable)
Old 04-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseph Michaud
Tomcat,

It very well could be, you have been amazing at giving me great advice. I didn't go into great depth describing my troubleshooting here, because I figured this is more of an upbeat progress thread.

Not only have I used several different intake cleaning solutions, but last year I removed the injectors and ran a cleaner thru and backflush all of the injectors many times. I replaced the fuel filter a year ago, and replaced it the day I replaced the injectors as well.

​​​​The entire exhaust behind the exhaust manifold is about a year old. The way I looked at it, the injectors were nearly 300k miles old, and while they were still squirting when they got voltage, I had no way of knowing how much they were spraying. Through history and a lot of research, i concluded it was either the injectors, a fault in the wires leading to the injectors, timing belt stretched, ecu was going bad, or possibly the new cat convertor went bad.

what I did know, was regardless what it turned out to be, I'm not going to get rid of the car. So I looked for a good set of injectors with the understanding that even if that didn't fix the problem, it wasn't a bad idea to replace them anyway.

When i found a set of 4 new Beck/Arnley 158-0437 $140 shipped, i really couldn't pass it up. Fortunately, that solved the problem.

After replacing them, I reset the ecu, and let it program itself.

The only negative thing about it is it doesn't start up cold as well as before. It takes a few cranks to fire up, where before just turning the key would instantly fire it up. It isn't "bad" really, just different.

But I can live with it.
Awesome deal.

When I just looked at your thread, I realized, I confused your situation with another's and I never suggested to you an injection cleaner, which you just mentioned, you've tried and it didn't work.

Glad the injectors fixed it.

Have you tried double priming? By that I mean turn the key to on position so fuel pump primes, then off, then on again, then try to crank the motor?

See if that helps the start up delay. Probably won't, but just a thought and it's easy to try.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just bought my car this past week which is a 94 cx hatch. today I did the oil change, got a little bit of brake cleaner in my eye, then I ordered rear brake system off Ebay for $85 and a complete front suspension rebuild kit for $180, currently looking for front complete brake system rotors pads and calipers, hope everything comes out alright lol
Old 04-16-2017, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Notice ac is not blowing cold anymore. Fuse #56(20a) blew. Replaced with new one, turn ac on, blew again. Unplug condenser fan and ac clutch. Turn car on, turn ac on max, plug in fan. Check fuse. Not blown. Still ok. Plug in ac clutch, pop. Fuse blown. Now need new field coil. Yay... switched condensor fand and ac clutch relay, since they are identical. Same result. Was hoping the condensor fan motor being the culprit since its easier to replace, but nope. Got to be difficult, got to the damn clutch field coil. Tested resistance on the coil and got 0. Supposed to read 3-3.5.. *sigh*
$91shipped for oem field coil set. Hoping it would be easy fix. Want to have it fix before summer hit.
98 civic lx 165k.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Byron Guitron
I just bought my car this past week which is a 94 cx hatch. today I did the oil change, got a little bit of brake cleaner in my eye, then I ordered rear brake system off Ebay for $85 and a complete front suspension rebuild kit for $180, currently looking for front complete brake system rotors pads and calipers, hope everything comes out alright lol
What is included in the front suspension kit?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94 Civic Si
What is included in the front suspension kit?
Everything but springs and struts.
Look at this on eBay NEW 14pc Complete Front Suspension Kit for Honda Civic Civic del Sol Integra | eBay
Old 04-19-2017, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I replaced the wheel hub, bearing, and bleed the brakes. Took me two weeks. Working on it after work and on sundays.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

New cap, cap gasket, and rotor from Honda. The no-name brand I put on ~20,000 miles ago already went out on me...
Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 AM
EG8
Honda-Tech Member

Replaced the Cat on my 99 HX, ordered complete front end rebuild kit, cv axles, and brake rotors/pads.

Next weekend is going to be fun o_o
Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Modified the front end a little bit:

From this...

...to this

If anyone needs to find me, I'll be under a rock.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

Ouch... Everyone okay?
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ouch... Everyone okay?
Yeah, everyone's okay. It was not what you'd call a major accident, but since the bodies on these are made from tinfoil...
Old 04-22-2017, 04:45 AM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

**** man... That really sucks. Hang in there. It's fixable/replaceable. Glad you're not hurt.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CX-Adam
**** man... That really sucks. Hang in there. It's fixable/replaceable. Glad you're not hurt.
Thanks! Bodywork isn't my thing, but yeah, I'll figure this out. It's just gonna be a while before I do. Have a good one!
Old 04-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by petr0lb0mb
Bodywork isn't my thing, but yeah, I'll figure this out.
Glad you're ok and no time like the present to learn.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today

Bought my first Honda Del Sol this last Friday. Today was raining so so I did some interior cleaning and oil change. More to come.......
Old 04-24-2017, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Put my switches together for my future ferio
Old 04-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Name:  IMG_20170427_091526.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  1.94 MBName:  IMG_20170427_091541.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  2.42 MBName:  IMG_20170427_091622.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  1.66 MBName:  IMG_20170427_091654.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  1.87 MB

Oem clutch coil replaced along with new oulley, bearing and clutch.

last pic of the ps belt shows the melted coating of the coil sticking to the belt. The coil was toast. Got hot at some point. Oem pulley bearing were also coated, causing noise from the bearing. Clutch dampening rubber were also done. Pieces fell out..
$91 for honda oem field coil
$69 fir oem reman a/c pulley kit. Kit came with: coil, pulley with bearing already pressed in, and clutch.

i did not use the reman coil because the coil coating material look cheap and thin. Not enough coating..
Old 04-29-2017, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Detailed my EM1 for the last time. I'm putting her up for adoption.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by SiRDOHC

Detailed my EM1 for the last time. I'm putting her up for adoption.
Sad times! Why?
Old 04-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sad times! Why?
After 15 years its time to move on. I bought another daily driver 5 years ago, and dealing with two cars is a bit more than I can handle right now.

Quick Reply: Tell Us What You Did To Your EG/EK/Del Sol Today