Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Tell me what you think about this swap...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what you think about this swap...

Hey guys...
I was thinking of doing this swap into my 94 Civic EX Coupe Vtec 5-Speed

Block Work:
B20B4 Block
JE Custom Dish Pistons w/ Rings and Pins 9:1 Compression
Eagle H-Beam Forged Rods
ARP Stud Kit
Golden Eagle Sleeves
Rage Cylinder Brace

Head Work:
B18 Head
Ferrea Valve Train
JG Racing Cams
Port and Polish
RC Engineering 720cc Fuel Injectors
Walboro 550cc Fuel Pump
Cometic Hi-Boost Head Gasket
Rage Adj. Cam Sprockets
Holley 68mm Throttle Body
JG Victor X-Series Intake Manifold

Turbo Work:
Turbokits.com T3/T4 Turbo

Other Work:
Quaife LSD
GSR Tranny
ACT w/ Extremem Pressure Plate Clutch
AEM Big Brakes
Short Throw Shifter
16" Volk Racing Rims
Toyo Proxie Tires
Eibach Drag Launch Springs
Jimfab Traction Bar
Sway Bar
Performance Shocks

Tuned for max power....

What do you guys think Im looking at as far as 1/4 mile time?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (94CRVtec)

i say you be runnin 9's
Old 04-14-2003, 08:47 PM

Well.. you COULD make a lot of power on it, or you could make crap on it. What are the #'s for the turbo for one. It could be a little itty bitty turbo and max out at a certain PSI. It looks like a dream engine to me.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (HybridHackBatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHackBatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i say you be runnin 9's </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-14-2003, 08:50 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you have a good reason for dropping 20k on parts...

Hittin' up the NIRA circuit, are ya?
Old 04-14-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (AresB16A2Turbo)

T3/T4 Hybrid
Old 04-14-2003, 08:56 PM

Hehe ... no
But Im looking to start a project car. I want to plan the whole thing before I start, so I can plan the order I put the stuff on as the money comes. I wont be able to afford ALL of it at once, but a good chunk of it forsure. Im 17 years old, live at home, dont have a single bill to pay, and make more money then most of you people doing a job called paintless dent removal. Do you know how much it cost to take out a door ding if you get it repainted and stuff? Around 200... do you know how much it cost to get it PDR'd out? About 50-75 bucks. Do you know how long it takes to get a door ding out with PDR? about 30 minutes. On a bad day you make 50 bucks an hour. On a good day you make 500 a day.... now do you understand?

I really want to beat those corvettes that rich fat guys own and think they're so damn cool and fast in... kaka

Old 04-14-2003, 09:04 PM

Why would you need a rage cylinder brace when you have golden eagle sleeves???
Old 04-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hook me up with a job

Old 04-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94CRVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tuned for max power....</TD></TR></TABLE>

With what?

What kind of power are you trying to make?

Setup for mostly street? Strip?
Old 04-14-2003, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (hot_EG)

Sounds like a good deal man. How you going to tune it though??? Its all about the tuning. Good luck with it!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 09:24 PM

I think you forgot Hondata, laptop, wideband o2 sensor, and countless trips to the dyno to get your car running right...

also if you make that much money you should just buy a viper, save yourself the pain of trying to make that econobox fast...
Old 04-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94CRVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hehe ... no
But Im looking to start a project car. I want to plan the whole thing before I start, so I can plan the order I put the stuff on as the money comes. I wont be able to afford ALL of it at once, but a good chunk of it forsure. Im 17 years old, live at home, dont have a single bill to pay, and make more money then most of you people doing a job called paintless dent removal. Do you know how much it cost to take out a door ding if you get it repainted and stuff? Around 200... do you know how much it cost to get it PDR'd out? About 50-75 bucks. Do you know how long it takes to get a door ding out with PDR? about 30 minutes. On a bad day you make 50 bucks an hour. On a good day you make 500 a day.... now do you understand?

I really want to beat those corvettes that rich fat guys own and think they're so damn cool and fast in... kaka

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hate to tell you but i said the same thing atleast 20 times, and im 18. and meant it, guess what. im still driving my Si with bolt ons dreaming of a b20 shortblock or a crazy turbo setup. WAKE UP!
Old 04-14-2003, 09:37 PM

Anyone else like the Turbo Work category as much as I do? You aren't telling us ur turbo specs, ur IC specs, what type of turbo mani u'll be using, and you might wanna plan out ur wg, charge piping, dp, exhaust system, and bov. Not to mention you left out all ur engine management. A flywheel would be beneficial for ya too and I think u are going a little overboard on the headwork but thats just me I guess.

Some other points, you planning on running this car at the track at all? With the kind of power you are shooting for, you're gonna need slicks to hook up at the track which means the AEM big brake upgrade is a no no.. ur best bet is to replace the rotors, get some ss brakelines and some new pads.

Also, which B18 head are u going with? c1 or c5? If you decide to go with the c5, just save urself the money and keep the headwork to a minimum.. an ITR head can last you a long time before the engine runs outta breath?

And one more thing, if you are gonna spend 20k on parts for ur motor, ya might wanna think about a really reallly good security system..

A quarter mile estimate is impossible given the information you've given us.. we don't even know how much boost u are gonna be running.. u doin the work urself btw?
Old 04-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94CRVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hehe ... no

</TD></TR></TABLE>
you're still gonna run flattt 9's..
Old 04-14-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (creasian)

One more thing to add, in regards to those saying nines. He is posting as though to be able to drive on the street. When was the last time anyone saw a honda run past 11s on street tires??? Doesn't matter if you are making 400hp or 1000hp if it doesn't hook up. Once again just my two cents. But more info is needed to give anything close to decent numbers.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (00b16)

Turbo Work:
FMax High-Carbon Steel Turbo Manifold
Closed Loop Mandrel Bent Downpipe
2 or 2.5" 16 Gauge Mandrel Bent Mild steel Intercooler Piping
3" 16 Gauge Bend Mild Steel Intake Pipe

T3/T4 TURBONETICS Hybrid
Tail External Wastegate (standard 9psi.. unless otherwise specified)
Spearco Intercooler core with 99% charge-side efficiency comes standard
S&B Filtercharger Air Filter
HKS Racing Bypass Valve (BOV)

the kit also comes with the following... but I will eventually change
New Lucas Fule Injectors Capabale of delivering fuel up to 175 additional horsepower
Fuel Injector Controller programmed to deliver 3D fuel map, maintaing proper air fuel ratio.. delivers up to 2 bar or 30 psi of boost

MSD-Boost Timing Master
Ideal Head Gasket

It will be a street car...
I've heard a lot of people tell me I should just throw a b18c5 head on, and Im seriously starting to think about it. Im almost 100% sure I will now. It will save me a lot of money
nearly 1000+ dollars

I can't wait to even put the stock b20b4 and b18c5 into my car... that alone will be very fast! for a while I will put this turbo kit on stock, and run stock boost on stock internals... until I can afford more, which wont be too long!

now can you guys guys some 1/4 mile times after full swap
and also some 1/4 miles for the b20b4 with b18c5 head stock
and then stock with turbokit at 9psi?

thanks guys!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:08 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Learn some humility. Nobody cares what you make, especially down to the nitty gritty. Keep that kind of stuff to yourself. And there are plenty of people with way more money than you, so calm it down.

Go hang out in the Forced Induction forum. You'll learn a lot. We're not going to hand you everthing on a silver platter just because you decide to brag about how much money you make.

There are much better ways to spend your money than on an F/MAX kit.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (SkyeC)

Im sure nobody cares about my money.. but if I hadn't said it, people would have kept going "hope you got a good job" and Im not trying to brag about my car, I left it not so in depth, but they said they wanted more, so I gave more.

Im sure there are better ways to spend money than this.. but its about what I want, and what I want is this.

Sorry if I pissed somebody off, please keep responding, Im still very interested in my 1/4 mile times.

As far as Engine Management goes, I was thinking E6K at first, but then I realised that nobody will know how to tune it, so I decided Hondata all the way!!

Oh... I know traction is going to be a problem.. do you think if I have a couple friends ride with me it will help or hurt more?
Old 04-15-2003, 10:35 AM

You'll be running w/ a 9:1 CR at first, so I wouldnt expect too much outta the CRVTEC w/o the snail..

Here's some things you can lose btw: rage cylinder brace, jg racing cams, p&p, aem big brakes, and the ferrea valve train

You should also pick up some hasport engine mounts to get rid of any extra vibration you might have.

I'd say ur turbo kit package is where you are really lacking.. Go Revhard Stage 2C.. ya can't beat the price ($2700 at ahr) and the turbo/ic should be efficient to 450whp. You should pick up a turbo timer, boost controller, some gauges, and a bunch of other misc stuff.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:36 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Suspension tuning and tire/wheel combos are going to help your traction, not adding weight behind the front axle.

And I meant you should research better parts for your turbo system than what F/Max provides.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (SkyeC)

You're gonna need to be a bit more specific on the head. Do you mean b18b, b18c1 or b18c5? Also you need to be abit mroe specifi on the turbo. Just saying t3/t4 means nothing. What trim level? Do you know? No offense but it sounds to me like you are just naming off a bunch of parts you have found online. I would suggest doing a lot of research on exactly what you plan on doing with the car and get only what you need. If you're going to have it as your dailyu driver you may not want to have 500+hp. I also suggest talking to the people in the FI forum. Its more of a tech related crowd.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (degooser)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by degooser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
also if you make that much money you should just buy a viper, save yourself the pain of trying to make that econobox fast...</TD></TR></TABLE>

WERD!

Some of the stuff you have planned just seems like overkill for a street car.
Old 04-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (piscorpio)

not to steal your thread or anything... but what needs to be done to a b20b4 block with a gsr head to get mid 12's? in a 5th gen coupe
Old 04-15-2003, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Tell me what you think about this swap... (Iwant12's)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Iwant12's &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to steal your thread or anything... but what needs to be done to a b20b4 block with a gsr head to get mid 12's? in a 5th gen coupe</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, but you did just try to steal his thread.

Quick Reply: Tell me what you think about this swap...