Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Teins question PLEASE HELP....

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teins question PLEASE HELP....

I have a Pair of teins from my friend they are Dc2 HA's and they were in his Eg.He had sold them to me for cheap and i was wondering has any one made them work in a Ek hatch .I searched and could find anything on it
Old 12-18-2004, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Teins question PLEASE HELP.... (BamBoOsteD)

theyll work
Old 12-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Teins question PLEASE HELP.... (egcoupe)

i beleive your car will be slightly higher(althought not that much) relative to other eg's with tein's made for the eg.
integra is heavier then civic, so you can understand my theory

but yes. they'll work
Old 12-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Teins question PLEASE HELP.... (iGfrequency)

so there for the only thing i have to swap out other than the suspension (coilover system) are the lower control arms .. right
Old 12-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BamBoOsteD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so there for the only thing i have to swap out other than the suspension (coilover system) are the lower control arms .. right</TD></TR></TABLE>

if it's coilover suspension then what i said perviously would be wrong.

i thought you were talking about tein lowering springs. if it's a coilover then you can adjust to the correct ride hieght so it will be perfect. And im not sure about the differences between the teg and civic lca's but im pretty sure you would have to change them out to be able to mount those coilover's up.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:32 PM
a/k/a Jomo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iGfrequency &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i beleive your car will be slightly higher(althought not that much) relative to other eg's with tein's made for the eg.
integra is heavier then civic, so you can understand my theory

but yes. they'll work </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you read his post? His friend had a set of DC2 Tein's ON AN EG. He wants to put them on an EK. Why do you think it would be higher? Tein uses the same springs rates anyways and that has nothing to do with ride height. :sigh:

Lower bushings need to be changed.

Edit: To make the post relative.

Modified by Mr Hammond at 9:50 PM 12/18/2004
Old 12-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Teins question PLEASE HELP.... (Mr Hammond)

lower bushings changed ?or Lower Control Arms
Old 12-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Hammond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you read his post? His friend had a set of DC2 Tein's ON AN EG. He wants to put them on an EK. Why do you think it would be higher? Tein uses the same springs rates anyways and that has nothing to do with ride height. :sigh:

Lower bushings need to be changed.

Edit: To make the post relative.

Modified by Mr Hammond at 9:50 PM 12/18/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry if im thread jacking.
---&gt; but i thought tein would use a higher spring rate on a teg then a civic. in that case, the car would sit alittle higher. if they dont.. i stand corrected.

--&gt; i also found out later that he was using coilover's...that changed the whole situation. ofcourse tein uses same spring rate for the coilover setup, and you could adjust ride hieght neways.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BamBoOsteD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lower bushings changed ?or Lower Control Arms</TD></TR></TABLE>

the ek lca is thinner then the eg's. just changed the lca
Old 12-18-2004, 08:18 PM

You really dont even have to change the lca or the buching if you dont want. Just put like 2 or 3 washers to fill the gap and be done.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:57 AM
a/k/a Jomo

TEIN doesn't really progressively move their spring rates up for the EG vs DC chassis. What they do is effectively increase the spring rates in the same increment as the level of damper goes up.

So you might get TEIN Basic's w/ 8k/6k for both DC and EG and then upgrade to TEIN RA's which will come with 14K/10K set-ups for both DC and EG etc...

Ok the EK lower mounts are wider then the EG's. So if you were trying to put EG coilovers on a EK, their would be a small gap which can be filled by washer's, or changing the lower bushing. Vice verse if you were putting EK coilovers on an EG you would need to shave off material to fit.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

okay all this info helps but so you guys are saying that the LCA will work with a little of mod to them the teins i have will be needing the Dc2 (Type R) LCA ..Then they will work
Old 12-19-2004, 12:57 PM
a/k/a Jomo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BamBoOsteD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay all this info helps but so you guys are saying that the LCA will work with a little of mod to them the teins i have will be needing the Dc2 (Type R) LCA ..Then they will work</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did they come off a DC2 or DC2R? That will make a difference.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All they say is Dc2 HA But they were for a type R
Old 12-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DC2R suspension will not fit EK.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Teins question PLEASE HELP.... (integlspwr2k)

why is that ? And why would the sell them on jhpusa yes they are Dc2R ones for 99 bucks the link is http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...5649e.. Does any one know how the ctr ones are?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:33 AM
a/k/a Jomo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BamBoOsteD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why is that ? And why would the sell them on jhpusa yes they are Dc2R ones for 99 bucks the link is http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...5649e.. Does any one know how the ctr ones are? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because the rear control arms are compeltely different. Only similar to 88 ONLY CRX/Civic (not the same, just VERY similar). Here is a picture comparing DC2R vs DC2 rear shocks. DC2R is #9 and DC2 is #8

And here are the LCA's. #44/45 are DC2R and #15/17 are DC2.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

integra and and eg rear lower control arms are same except tegs have the sway bar holes in them. Also be careful with the center bolt on the control arm that holds your strut down. IT will probably break. but i have tryd to use a impact and it worked for me a few times. but maybe i was just lucky. ALso the botl has a nut on the other side that is welded so make sure your not cranking down on that. HOpe that helps.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg64u)

so you guys are saying i can't even switch the LCA to make them work.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BamBoOsteD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BamBoOsteD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you guys are saying i can't even switch the LCA to make them work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

um, this thread got kinda convoluted and mixed up..

i'm pretty sure all you need are the proper rear lca's to get them to work.

you can't change the "lower bushings" because they are pressed into the lca
(well sure, maybe you could be it'd be gigantic pain in the ***).

basically the width of the lca's are different.
I don't remember which is the fatter one.

Do this, measure the width at at the bottom of the shocks(where they bolt to the lca)
if they will end up being super loose on the lca's you do have, then you could probably just add some washers, and use the lca's you've got.

good luck.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

um, this thread got kinda convoluted and mixed up..

i'm pretty sure all you need are the proper rear lca's to get them to work.

you can't change the "lower bushings" because they are pressed into the lca
(well sure, maybe you could be it'd be gigantic pain in the ***).

basically the width of the lca's are different.
I don't remember which is the fatter one.

Do this, measure the width at at the bottom of the shocks(where they bolt to the lca)
if they will end up being super loose on the lca's you do have, then you could probably just add some washers, and use the lca's you've got.

good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The thing is my New Coilover set-up is A Dc2R and the go in the middle of the LCA like in the picture #44/45.. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Hammond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And here are the LCA's. #44/45 are DC2R and #15/17 are DC2.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

yeh, i think the dc2R lca's should work then.

don't quote me thoug, but i think ur fine with a new set of lca's.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BamBoOsteD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The thing is my New Coilover set-up is A Dc2R and the go in the middle of the LCA like in the picture #44/45.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a set of RS dampers in my EG Hatch (which are made for the DC2R) and I had to change to the LCA you are talking about (#44/45). I had no problem getting the LCA from the Type R to fit in my EG but I'm not sure if it will fit in your EK Hatch. Another thing to note is that you don't need to run off and look for Type R LCA's. You can use the LCA's from an 88 Civic Station Wagon if you want, they are the same as the Type R.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DC2R suspension will not fit EK.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If this is the case they won't work in your car.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: (Islandspeed)

I have DC2R type HA's on a Del Sol all that was required was a the LCA swap
Old 12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ya for sure they will work.....well in my experience the should... my buddy had eg shocks on his ek...... best of luck
Old 12-22-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: (Y W8 4U)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Y W8 4U &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have DC2R type HA's on a Del Sol all that was required was a the LCA swap </TD></TR></TABLE>

I tell ya...... It's just like playing with lego blocks, swaping parts between Honda's. Just about anything will fit or can be made to work. I love it............

How do you find the spring rates on the HA's in the Del Sol. I find the RS rates a wee bit stiff for my EG. They are 780 in the front and 560 in the rear. I been trying to optimize the ride and control with the compression and recoil adjustments at the AutoX track with pretty good sucess. Its still firm for everyday use though. I've been thinking about going to a softer spring but was wondering will I give up ground on the performance side of things? Any thoughts?

(sorry for the thread hijack)

Quick Reply: Teins question PLEASE HELP....