Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

takata harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default takata harness

any one know how to install the takata harness on a 00 civic si? with drilling it? or do you have too. I dont want the ones that go to the back seat. is the easiest way with a harness bar?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: takata harness

yes get the harness bar; and kiss your back seats good bye...
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chinochanginc
yes get the harness bar; and kiss your back seats good bye...
how do you install the shoulder part onto the bar?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the bar bolts to the side of the pillars. where the sealts belt slider dealy is?
the pasgners in the back will have negative safety. and the harnes will bolt right to where the seat brackets are...if you have a harness and bar but no roll cage...i hope you dont roll over..you will die, because the cage, harness and upright seat is a system.
stock seat, belts. is a seperate system, mix them and you peeing in the wind with your safety
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies
the bar bolts to the side of the pillars. where the sealts belt slider dealy is?
the pasgners in the back will have negative safety. and the harnes will bolt right to where the seat brackets are...if you have a harness and bar but no roll cage...i hope you dont roll over..you will die, because the cage, harness and upright seat is a system.
stock seat, belts. is a seperate system, mix them and you peeing in the wind with your safety
i know where one part of the harness goes which is where the stock seat belts are. but not where the shoulder part, which goes through the seat, goes. Ive asked around they said you had to wrap it around the bar? how do you do that? is that the only way?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just put it in and it will slip off the shoulders of the seat. get a bar and the straps will just go over the top and hold them up. good luck
Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies
just put it in and it will slip off the shoulders of the seat. get a bar and the straps will just go over the top and hold them up. good luck
It will go over the bar and then what? Im not trying to bolt them to my baclseats but to the harness bar. I just dont know how. Do i fold them?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.takataracingproducts.com/guide.html Very BAD how-to from TAKATA

http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2...structions.pdf Great guide from SCHROTH

Now for the real question. It ssems you are worried about keeping your back seats. When have you ever seen anyone driving in a vehicle that requires use of a competition harness with passengers in the back seat ? You don't want to drill holes to mount the thing correctly if that is required. Save your family and friends the grief of having to come identify your body, or that of your friends in the back seat that got a face full of harness bar, and do it right or don't do it at all. On the bright side, maybe all the hard parkers will give you props if they pick out that mad tizite JDM casket for you.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GrenadaEG2
http://www.takataracingproducts.com/guide.html Very BAD how-to from TAKATA

http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2...structions.pdf Great guide from SCHROTH

Now for the real question. It ssems you are worried about keeping your back seats. When have you ever seen anyone driving in a vehicle that requires use of a competition harness with passengers in the back seat ? You don't want to drill holes to mount the thing correctly if that is required. Save your family and friends the grief of having to come identify your body, or that of your friends in the back seat that got a face full of harness bar, and do it right or don't do it at all. On the bright side, maybe all the hard parkers will give you props if they pick out that mad tizite JDM casket for you.
actually i am going to take it out eventually just not now cause i put stuff in the back for school. And right now its just for show. And there is another way which is doing the folding technique on the harness bar. I even heard its safer. My question was what was the folding technqiue but i got it. Thanks haha
Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Read the SCHROTH guide. It is in there.