Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Switching MAP sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching MAP sensor

Hi, my 98 ex with a d16y7 is throwing a P0108 code for the MAP sensor. I do not suspect a vacuum leak or anything, I do think the sensor itself is bad. I don't have the tools to properly test the sensor, but I do have a d16z6 sensor that I know is good. Even though the z6 sensor is obd1, and my engine is obd2, could I possibly put the sensor from the z6 on my y7 to test my theory that my MAP sensor is bad? I haven't checked to see if the sensors are made the same, but I do know they have the same amount of wires and the same clip to the wire harness. Are they interchangeable?
Old 11-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: Switching MAP sensor

Yes they are interchangeable.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Yes they are interchangeable.
Thanks. Im going to get on it tonight.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts

P0108 is an electrical not a vacuum issue. Did you reset the ECU to see whether the code returns?
Old 12-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by muellersfan
P0108 is an electrical not a vacuum issue. Did you reset the ECU to see whether the code returns?
i replaced the map sensor and cleared the cel with my obd reader. It ran as it should for a few days and then randomly started acting up again and threw a cel once again. Now the car goes from running as it should to having a jerky throttle and reving on idle. It's like the car just decided when it wants to run correctly, and will go back and forth while driving. Any ideas?
Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 328 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey Mitchell
i replaced the map sensor and cleared the cel with my obd reader. It ran as it should for a few days and then randomly started acting up again and threw a cel once again. Now the car goes from running as it should to having a jerky throttle and reving on idle. It's like the car just decided when it wants to run correctly, and will go back and forth while driving. Any ideas?
Same code? If so, pull out the multimeter and test the three wires in the connector. That's where the problem likely lies.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've found that my problem lies in the iacv. It's staying wide open all of the time due to air in the coolant lines that run to it. I have a terrible water pump leak that causes air to get in, when I pulled it off to inspect the iacv there was no coolant what so ever in it, which is causing it to stay open, change the barimutic pressure in my intake manifold, and thus throwing a code for the MAP sensor.

I've temporaraly taped the whole shut where the iacv allows air to pass the throttle, so the car will at least run r somewhat right until I get my water pump kit and replace it. At least for now I don't have to deal with the surging idle and jerky throttle response that the iacv being stuck wide open creates. What a domino effect, I can't wait to get my water pump ordered and put on!!! Wish me luck on removing the harmonic balancer without having access to an impact!!! Lol