Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sway bars on EG Hatch CX

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bars on EG Hatch CX

I looked for swaybars on my eg but cant seem to find any... a friend of mine told me to buy lower control arms for a gsr and they will bolt right up to my hatch. then i can put some aftermarket sway bars on. is this true? if not what do i have to buy to get me some sway bars?

thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 10:54 AM

I take it you are soley talking about a rear sway bar. If this is the case, GSR LCAs will allow you to run a sway bar. If I was in your situation, I would look into some aftermarket Lower Control Arms. (Blox, Skunk2, Omni, F7, etc.) They are somewhat lighter, have better bushings, and give you a little extra bling bling

With that being said, you also are going to have to invest in some type of subframe bracing to prevent tearout when running a larger sway bar. ASR makes an AWSOME brace used for evenly distributing the forces during cornering and preventing subframe tearout. These braces come highly recomended for sway bars 19mm or larger i'd say.

For the swaybar it self, many companies sell kits. JHPUSA.com is where I purchased my 22mm ITR sway bar kit from and I love it. Being a fellow civic owner, (94 Civic Sedan) my car didn't come with a sway bar either. Now that I have purchased and installed the swaybar, the rear end feels much more stiff and you can really tell a difference. If you are looking to buy things seperately, usually the item's description will tell you what the swaybar comes with and what is needed. More times and not, if you are buying things seperately, the sway bar will come with all of its hardware minus the endlinks.

I hoped this helped some dude. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (.PLUMMM)

You probably dont have stock sway bars SO, you would have to buy a little conversion kit. Theres a bit drilling involved to it..
Old 01-30-2008, 11:44 AM

When I installed my ASR kit and ITR sway bar, everything bolted right into place for me...
Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16a-ej2)

My DX didn't come with any sway bars. I bought the Suspension Techniques kit which is for civics with no OEM sway bars. COmes with parts to convert, but there is no drilling required. The ST kit had a couple of issues, directions kind of sucked and a pair of spacers were the wrong diameter.

Front Bar installation: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=766

Rear Bar Installation: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=888

And also installed the ASR subframe brace on the rear to prevent tear out:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=956

Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ Theirs no drilling involved in putting a sway bar on a civic ! I took the sway bar from my GSR along with the brackets and bolted everything up to my 92 CX hatch. I went ahead and bought new hardware : bolts and nuts. You will need the nuts becuase on the civic subrame their arent any threaded holes for the bolts. THe holes are already their , just put the bolt threw the bracket and then subframe , and puts the buts on and your ready to go. I also purchased adjustable endlinks , and aftermarket LCA's. That was for the rear. If you want to do the front , then you will need front lower control arms from a GSR or ITR along with the all brackets necessary from the subframe. I took everything from my GSR and swapped it over to my hatch. I have a complete GSR suspension setup on my hatch. Everything is a dirrect bolt on from any DC .

MFactory
Supension Techniques
ASR
OEM JDM ITR bar : 22 & 23mm
OEM GSR
OEM CTR : 22mm I think
Progress

The list goes on , theirs plenty more you can get . But that was to name a few . Look in the for sale and Suspension section for sway bar kits.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM

i had si front and gsr rear and it was great on my last car .... just use stock gsr lcas