Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bars

Alright guys, i tried searching "sway bars" but nothing came up so here it goes.

I want to get sway bars. The question is .. is it neccessary to get LCA? or will the stock one not fit the 23mm? thanks guys!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sway Bars (beebeecivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beebeecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright guys, i tried searching "sway bars" but nothing came up so here it goes.

I want to get sway bars. The question is .. is it neccessary to get LCA? or will the stock one not fit the 23mm? thanks guys!</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you have a 92-95 civic that did not come with a sway bar (front or rear) chances are you need to replace the LCA.

you can pick up the front and rears LCA's off of any 92-95 civic ex/si models, or any 94-01 integra. oem ones will do fine, unless you like the bling and pick up some aftermarket ones.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

O sorry bro i Drive a 98 coupe! sorry about that. btw i have the front one.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bars (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beebeecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright guys, i tried searching "sway bars" but nothing came up so here it goes.

I want to get sway bars. The question is .. is it neccessary to get LCA? or will the stock one not fit the 23mm? thanks guys!</TD></TR></TABLE>

what is the car going to be used for? dd, autox, drag?

and why do you even want sway bars?

i would invest my money in good suspension setup
Old 02-26-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Sway Bars (richard7968)

im guessing by your sig that you have an EX. Get an 99-00Si sway bar. 13mm. unless you want to go bigger and get a subframe brace.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bars (richard7968)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by richard7968 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the car going to be used for? dd, autox, drag?

and why do you even want sway bars?

i would invest my money in good suspension setup </TD></TR></TABLE>

Err, a bigger sway bar is part of a suspension setup last time I checked.

Sway bars will help the car out noticably. Make sure to get the asr subframe kit so you do not damage your subframe. I believe your lca's will have the extra holes for the sway bar.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Sway Bars (cambopheonix56)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by You're a liar, beeeeeyotch! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">» Search Results

Your search for sway bars returned 31 results.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bars (Archidictus)

I think i was searching the wrong thing.. i was searching at the 92-00 but anyways.. I want the car for partial Track use.. thats the reason why i want the sway bars. Also I dont want the SI one.. if i get the SI one i dont need the Frame brace but if go with the fatty 23mm then i do.. Im jus afraid if i was installing the sway and the endlinks dont connect wit the LCA then im screwed! but yea thanks!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sway Bars (beebeecivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beebeecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think i was searching the wrong thing.. i was searching at the 92-00 but anyways.. I want the car for partial Track use.. thats the reason why i want the sway bars. Also I dont want the SI one.. if i get the SI one i dont need the Frame brace but if go with the fatty 23mm then i do.. Im jus afraid if i was installing the sway and the endlinks dont connect wit the LCA then im screwed! but yea thanks! </TD></TR></TABLE>

They will as long as you use the 99-00 civic si links or I think ones from a CRV. I am using 99-00 endlinks with mine and its perfect.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cambopheonix56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They will as long as you use the 99-00 civic si links or I think ones from a CRV. I am using 99-00 endlinks with mine and its perfect.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Bro! so my stockie one has it the holes for the end links correct?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cambopheonix56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Err, a bigger sway bar is part of a suspension setup last time I checked.

Sway bars will help the car out noticably. Make sure to get the asr subframe kit so you do not damage your subframe. I believe your lca's will have the extra holes for the sway bar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

god i love this forum! and comments like this

ok the only thing i agree with what you said is the ASR subframe kit

IF i were to put a sway bar on my setup regardless of what i was going to use the car for i would only run on the rear WHY you ask to get rid of understeer!

NOW having said that my honda tec friend cambopheonix56 said "Err, a bigger sway bar is part of a suspension setup last time I checked. "

God were do i start with such a comment sway bars are nothing more then dead weight and a waste of time IF you have a good suspension setup that’s fully adjustable such as function form (sure everyone knows who they are?) you can tune the suspension for your driving style and makes sway bar/anti roll bars useless

The only reason manufacturers put sway bars on cars is to increase under steer for the average a to b driver

i hope you understand what i am trying to say if not i guess i will have to go into a big long winded explanation