Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

swapping injector ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swapping injector ?

i was wondering if using a d series stock injectors make any differents if you have it installed on a b16a2 motor? the story is this i have a b16a2 motor on a 94 civic coupe with the orginal harness and injectors which i believe its obd1 but anyway i've notice that the car is not performing well. i was just wondering if its the stock d series injectors are the blame.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: swapping injector ?

Originally Posted by da_ska
i was wondering if using a d series stock injectors make any differents if you have it installed on a b16a2 motor? the story is this i have a b16a2 motor on a 94 civic coupe with the orginal harness and injectors which i believe its obd1 but anyway i've notice that the car is not performing well. i was just wondering if its the stock d series injectors are the blame.
unless your d-series injectors were from a d16y7 then no they are not to blame. virtually all d and b-series injectors are 240cc's.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 AM

thax d16 hatch for the help. i had a feling it wasnt the injectors. but to make sure to get this thing outta my head that my injectors are fine im going to install a b18a1 injectors on my car. if that doesnt work i will check my timing on my belt and my disturbutor. i have a question, i have seen ppl playing with their disturbutor sliding it towards the firewall not all the way but slitly off. do you have any idea where the distubutor shold be place for it to run in normal.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thax d16 hatch for the help. i had a feling it wasnt the injectors. but to make sure to get this thing outta my head that my injectors are fine im going to install a b18a1 injectors on my car. if that doesnt work i will check my timing on my belt and my disturbutor. i have a question, i have seen ppl playing with their disturbutor sliding it towards the firewall not all the way but slitly off. do you have any idea where the distubutor shold be place for it to run in normal.
if those are obd0 peak and hold b18a1 injectors then they wont work. they require a resistor box to funtion properly. if they are 92-93 injectors then they should work because i know the ecu and dizzy are obd1, so i would assume from the factory they used obd1 injectors and deleted the res. box.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your problem is you have oil on the manifold
Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 PM

thax again man.okay i think the injectors im going to install from the b18a1 or b18b1 is obd 1. any one have any more idea about what settings your disturbutor should be in for a b16a2 without using a timing gun. just any thing like an estimate.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:07 PM

oh is that right green. so there might be oil in my manifold. okay ill look in to that.never heard that one b4 but i guess it wont hurt to try clean it. any special cleaning product i can use to clean this oil off my manifold green????
Old 02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh is that right green. so there might be oil in my manifold. okay ill look in to that.never heard that one b4 but i guess it wont hurt to try clean it. any special cleaning product i can use to clean this oil off my manifold green????
i dunno if he's bein retarded or what..

he posted the same thing in this thread
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/white-smoke-oil-all-over-no-idea-where-2490532/

only i guess it made a little bit more sense. no idea why he posted it in here though.. cause it has absolutely nothing to do with the problem you're having.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM

lol yah it kinda sounded weird but i cant say that because im trying to find a possible reason. so im changing my sohc v injectors to b18a1 stock injectors today.ill finally c if that will work.thax again man and ill upload anyting if its not really the injectors.