Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

swap problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap problem

okay we swapped out my wife's 95 hatch from d15 to b16a jdm, also obd1........everything went smooth and dandy, car starts up normally but we ran into a major problem.

the rear bracket mount wont line up correctly, it should be the right mount becasue all the bolts goes in perfectly but it wont tread thru. its just a few mm short to where it should bolt in. we figured that the motor is tweaked a little, because the alternator pulley is touching the chassy. i called a performance shop and was tld that i might need a new passanger side mount or a rear brakcet, but when i told him its an auto to auto swap he was stuck

so guys i know its auto but its for the wife, if anybody out there who has done this swap (auto to auto jdm b16a) please help......
Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: swap problem (eg_junior)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_junior &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay we swapped out my wife's 95 hatch from d15 to b16a jdm, also obd1........everything went smooth and dandy, car starts up normally but we ran into a major problem.

the rear bracket mount wont line up correctly, it should be the right mount becasue all the bolts goes in perfectly but it wont tread thru. its just a few mm short to where it should bolt in. we figured that the motor is tweaked a little, because the alternator pulley is touching the chassy. i called a performance shop and was tld that i might need a new passanger side mount or a rear brakcet, but when i told him its an auto to auto swap he was stuck

so guys i know its auto but its for the wife, if anybody out there who has done this swap (auto to auto jdm b16a) please help...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

not to make you feel bad, but the first mistake was not bolting up the rear bracket first, then moving on to the other mounts.

as for it being a jdm B16A, if the use the same tranny bracket as the usdm civic use then it should be a straight bolt on. if not, and some how the use the manual bracket on a jdm automatic civic then you will have to change the mount out for a auto to manual mount, if this all makes sense.

BUMP , does anybody know what tranny bracket is used on JDM automatic civic's?
let's help this guy out H-T!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man...we used the same brackets and mounts that came with the engine and the engine came out of a 92 chassy civic (4dr). i'm gonna try and take it to a shop tomorrow and hopefuly everything turns out okay