Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension to raise ride height

Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default suspension to raise ride height

hey I heard a rumor you could put a certain year of accord suspension on a civic and it would raise the ride height by about an inch. Anyone heard of this or have any info?

how else would you raise the ride height, the roads are very ****ty here..

I know ground control makes some sorta bracket mount that gives you an extra inch for like 300bucks...
Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: suspension to raise ride height

If you raise the ride height with springs, you'll get positive camber...bad.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get some ground control sleeves, and raise em up
Old 12-04-2009, 12:16 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a woman ask me a few months ago how she could raise her Civic because the tires were too big. She didn't like the idea of getting thinner tires, but I had no idea what to suggest for raising it up.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why the **** would you want to raise a civic, come on now, what is this world comming to? next, people will want to ride 22's on their grandmothers accord...
Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by supersize
why the **** would you want to raise a civic, come on now, what is this world comming to? next, people will want to ride 22's on their grandmothers accord...
lol
Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by supersize
you must be F*#&@*N blind he clearly said the roads r bad there im sick and tired of ppl getting on here thinkin they r HOT **** and talkin to ppl like they r stupid if he wants to monster truck the damn thing let him its his car hes the one driving it personaly i like mine lower but like i said its his car and hes the one driving it
Old 12-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the roads here are horrendous. The potholes here crack your nice expensive rims and low-pro tires. But the real fun is in the off-roading. Sugar cane and pineapple are the two main cash crops (apart from weed, but that's not openly traded/regulated/taxed) --- this means that 80% of the island (maui) is covered with fields of sugarcane/pineapple. These fields are connected by dirt and gravel roads, cutting through the fields every 500 feet. If you know what roads lead where (which I do, from dirtbiking/driving through them for years) you can navigate the island in half the time it takes on paved roads. It's also fun to go screaming down gravel roads sliding turns at 80mph when you know your friend is stuck in traffic a few miles behind you.

Ideally, a few inches of lift would be nice. It kinda sucks when you're sliding sideways and your frame slams into the ground over a bump causing your car to lose traction on the front wheels and sends you into 10foot tall grass that makes you itchy and warrants you being towed out.

sounds like I'm going to have to get a custom lift job going here so I don't funk up my camber.

figured I'd post for any resources on lifting a civic (del sol, actually.)

If ya'll just want to hate on my ideas, that's cool too.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by autowrench07
you must be F*#&@*N blind he clearly said the roads r bad there im sick and tired of ppl getting on here thinkin they r HOT **** and talkin to ppl like they r stupid if he wants to monster truck the damn thing let him its his car hes the one driving it personaly i like mine lower but like i said its his car and hes the one driving it
with 59 posts i can see how you get so sick of it. with all the time you ahve on here and what not. **** off.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so it sounds like you basically want like a dune buggy type deal. You could get coilover sleeves like Ground Controls and flip the sleeve upside down to get more lift. If you get a camber kit or different upper ball joints in the front, you could adjust for the camber. In the rear you'll need a camber kit for sure, maybe even a customized one to pull more camber out. Keep in mind that lowering the car gets around 1* negative camber, so lifting will give about 1 for 1in...

I'd make a skid plate for the oil pan and maybe try to make guards for the CV shafts
Old 12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you raise it your CV axles may be to short. its the same concept as a lifted truck... you can lift only so much before things start to not fit anymore. IMO just get a set of coil sleeves and max em out to see how tall you can make it.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the last few replies.

this is going to be one hell of a custom fab project. i'll be sure to post pics when I get around to doing it.

I was wondering if there is any suspension that bolts up that would raise the ride height automatically, I heard a rumor about accord suspension.... oh well nvm that.

thanks for the shouts.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

definitely post up DETAILED pics lol. I might want to do something like this too
Old 12-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i been to maui before and i know how it is haha, thats all there is are sugar cane and pinapple fields haha. we stayed in kihe for a week, its beautiful there. the hanna highway is nuts tho so i can see why you want to raise it, but i would just get a different vehicle for that stuff man. a civic will look horrible raised. you should just get an old school impala or something and lift that haha, thatll look sick.. but yeah, i definatly see where your comming from.. sorry for my first post haha