Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension question

Hey all, quick question from a nubbie. I recently purchased some Neuspeed Sport Springs [55.20.18 (yellow)

and a front camber kit. Im lookin at struts now but I'm not sure which ones will work. I've heard certain ones will bottom out and I'm better off just leaving them stock. I know I'm sacrificing a lot of handling. Anyway, which struts? Tokico Illumina's? KYB AGX? GR2?

Any opinions appreciated!

-T
Old 03-22-2009, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension question

Anyone?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 AM

how much money you got to spend? i would suggest shocks, struts, springs or coils and a camber kit front and back... get all that stuff before you put it on, if you dont get camber kit you will be replacing tires every month. i did that and i had to get new tires every 3 weeks. im getting ready to buy another kit for my car and redoing the whole suspension from scratch...

ASR Rear Subframe Brace

Skunk2 Pro-S Full Coilover Kit

ASR Spherical Rear Sway Bar End Links

Skunk2 Rear Lower Control Arms

Skunk2 Rear Tower Bar

Skunk2 Front Tower Bar

ASR 24mm Swaybar & Bushing Kit

Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Front Camber Kit

Skunk2 Pro Series Rear Camber Kit

cant wait to have that **** on my car and go test it out in the mountains... hahaha, im gonna have some fun!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b16_powered_si
how much money you got to spend? i would suggest shocks, struts, springs or coils and a camber kit front and back... get all that stuff before you put it on, if you dont get camber kit you will be replacing tires every month. i did that and i had to get new tires every 3 weeks. im getting ready to buy another kit for my car and redoing the whole suspension from scratch...

ASR Rear Subframe Brace

Skunk2 Pro-S Full Coilover Kit

ASR Spherical Rear Sway Bar End Links

Skunk2 Rear Lower Control Arms

Skunk2 Rear Tower Bar

Skunk2 Front Tower Bar

ASR 24mm Swaybar & Bushing Kit

Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Front Camber Kit

Skunk2 Pro Series Rear Camber Kit

cant wait to have that **** on my car and go test it out in the mountains... hahaha, im gonna have some fun!!!
Replacing tires every three weeks, isn't that a little extreme?

For the OP, I'd go with Koni yellow if I were you. Had them on three of my cars and can't complain with them. Either that or sell your springs and buy a full coilover kit.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered koni reds and eibachs... I can let you know how they are in about a month lol.

I've never heard anything bad about the konis. I have read a TON of people say that you don't need a camber adjustment on a mild drop as long as everything else is in alignment. I don't know how true that is, but I get the feeling I'm about to find out.

Last edited by Vindicator9000; 03-27-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like I'm droppin it 2.25" in the front and 2.0" in the rear on monday. I'll be using a front camber kit but not on the rear. I plan on leaving the stock struts until they blow out since I know I can easily replace them. My only concern is not getting any added benefit from aftermarket struts due to the ride height of the car. It's gunna be slammed.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need a camber kit, just an alignment. Toe is key. With a little negative camber but stock toe, your tires will only last ~500-1000 miles less than normal, which is not that bad.

For shocks, I'd get KYB AGX instead of the Illuminas. I've heard that the Illumina's adjustment **** snaps off easily. I have the KYB AGX and I love them.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the omni power suspention package it came with coilovers lower control arms and front and rear camber kit... well worth the money i had skunk 2 coilovers and when i swithced to omni power i noticed a big difference the car handeled like a pro
Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM

its not cause of set up that i was replacing tires so often... its cause i made the car so low... its like 3-4 inches off the ground and the tranny is like 2-3... but i have a camber kit so its good now.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM

it doesnt matter what brand suspension you get... the camber has nothing to do with shocks, struts and springs... it how low your car is, the lower it is the more it will camber. i think about 1-2 inch drop doesnt affect the camber too much but anything after will afect it a lot and it will eat tires like no other... i personally had my car 3-4 inches off the ground and replaces tires every 3-4 weeks... thats how bad my camber was, the outside of my tire would be like new and the inside would have threads showing so that when decided it was time for a camber kit!!!