Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension question

i just recently bought a 95 dx hatch and it come with some skunk2 coilovers with kyb adjustable shocks. the car is bouncy as **** and when i change it to stiff its still bouncy, i think my shocks are blown. is this why my car is so bouncy? im going to order new shocks but not sure if i should order some new coilovers as well.
thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: (dblock)

ya the shocks are probably blown. how low was the car? the KYB are not lowering shocks so if it was "dumped" than that might have been the problem. i have them (KYB AGX) on my car for about 2.5 years without any problems (lowered 2-3"). however i have drop zone coil-overs. regardless replace the shocks and adjust the ride height and you should be good to go.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95jeremie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya the shocks are probably blown. how low was the car? the KYB are not lowering shocks </TD></TR></TABLE>

according to the OP first post....theyre adjustable so that means hes got AGXs
Old 03-20-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: (sleeperrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">according to the OP first post....they're adjustable so that means hes got AGXs</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok and to my knowledge they (KYB AGX) are NOT meant for lowering. they are adjustable in the fact that you can make it stiff or softer(4 way adjustable via a small flat head at the top of the shock).
did you miss...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have them (KYB AGX) on my car for about 2.5 years without any problems (lowered 2-3"). however i have drop zone coil-overs. regardless replace the shocks and adjust the ride height and you should be good to go.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i think i know what they are that is not the point...so what was your point?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea im just going to change the shocks hopefully that reduces the bouncyness
Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dblock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea im just going to change the shocks hopefully that reduces the bouncyness </TD></TR></TABLE>

It will
Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 PM

ok so you made me get the paperwork out of the dungeon of a file cabinet and... they are not a lowering shock. there is even a disclaimer stating that if they are used on a lowered vehicle it voids the warranty.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dblock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea im just going to change the shocks hopefully that reduces the bouncyness </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It will</TD></TR></TABLE>

a buddy decided to go cheep and picked up a set of apc ebay coilovers. kept the stock shocks. all 4 blew in the first week... damn that was one bouncy ride lol.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol..........i use to have kyb Gr2 shocks/struts on omnipower coilovers on my old hatch, rode beautifully.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:18 PM

so.. ya replace the shocks and you golden.
just keep in mind if your going to lower it get some shocks that can handle it
Old 03-21-2007, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL! So you think that AGX's are not for lowering? You know nothing of which you speak. I have had mine paired with GC's for over 2 years and no problems whatsoever out of them. And my car is lower than their 'recommended' 1.5". It's the GR2's that are the OEM replacement and probably not recommended for lowered cars, NOT the AGX's. They only void the warranty if you drop below 1.5". Please stop spewing this nonsense about AGX's. Here is a pic of my car for reference.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: (96hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL! So you think that AGX's are not for lowering? You know nothing of which you speak. I have had mine paired with GC's for over 2 years and no problems whatsoever out of them. And my car is lower than their 'recommended' 1.5". It's the GR2's that are the OEM replacement and probably not recommended for lowered cars, NOT the AGX's. They only void the warranty if you drop below 1.5". Please stop spewing this nonsense about AGX's. Here is a pic of my car for reference. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hey dumb ****

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it was "dumped" than that might have been the problem. i have them (KYB AGX) on my car for about 2.5 years without any problems (lowered 2-3").</TD></TR></TABLE>

reading owns you.

so stop talking **** without reading AND understanding wtf is going on.
like i said i have them lowered 2-3" without any problems.
and the "nonsense about AGX" is all in the infomation book that came in the box from AGX.
so once again reading owns you
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok and to my knowledge they (KYB AGX) are NOT meant for lowering.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speaking owns you dumbass. AGX ARE infact meant for lowered cars. They just do not recommend lowering the car more than 1.5". I read everything in the box too and this is what it said. Maybe you are drunk or something or maybe just slow because you are contradicting yourself all over this thread. So why don't you STFU and GTFO. You are giving out WRONG information and probably confusing the sh*t out of the OP.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:19 AM

ok I guess you e punked me lol so what was the question from the OP again?
And why are we having this conversation?
The question was answered this morning at 1:26 am est.
The OP never mentioned the ride height. However if he had a set of KYB AGX on there and they are all blown what do you think the problem is?
Probably the ride height is to low for the use of this product.
And read your manual again. Warranty will be voided if used on a lowered vehicle
However i state again that i have them on my car for about 2.5 years lowered 2-3" without any problems.
So... have a nice day.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 AM

And by the way the term "to my knowledge" was stated before i pulled out my warranty info on the shocks. So how did i contradict myself?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Warranty will be voided if used on a lowered vehicle.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Taken directly from KYB website....
http://www.kyb.com/service/warranty.php

KYB America LLC warrants the listed quality-built products for the listed time period and/or mileage to the original retail purchaser against defect and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions. The warranty does not apply to shock absorbers which have been modified, improperly applied or installed, or installed on vehicles used in racing or for commercial applications. The warranty is void if the product is used on excessively lowered (over 1.5") vehicles or in an aftermarket coilover suspension system.

/thread and childish bickering.