Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension help needed!

ok here is the deal. i got a 96 civic d16y7and i just installed my neuspeed full coilovers and had on my stockies. i dropped the front as low as it would go(tucked nice) and the rear was about halfway down. i also did the washer trick for the rear camber and have an ingalls kit for the front. with this setup, it only rubbed when i cut the wheel real hard like for a u-turn. now here comes the good stuff. i just received my new rims/tires. i got 17X7 with a +43 offset mounted on a 205/40/17 tire. well i put the wheels on and left the settings of the coilovers like they were, and i rubbed like a motherf**ker. i knew this wouldn't work or should it?? so next i raised all four corners so that there is a little less than a one finger gap in the rear and the car "sits" on the tire in the front. Now it rubs a little in the rear when i corner hard and there is minimal rubbing in the front, but now i hear a sqeaking noise and i cant tell if it is coming from the front or the rear or where it is coming from. Can ANYBODY tell me what this noise could possibly be???? and can anyone figure out why the hell i would be rubbing the inner fender well/liner??? i got the right wheel offset and my overall tire diameter is only i think .4 cm larger. so what could be the problems with my suspension setup?? should i take out my fender linings at all and please do not suggest to me to roll the fenders cause i do not want to do that. any help, answers, and advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated considering the fact that it is really pissing me off, cause i spent all this money on suspension and rims/tires and now i have this to deal with. thanks- later