Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suspension/chasis part overhaul EM1

Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 suspension/chasis part overhaul EM1

alrite so i own an 1999 civic si Em1 and im almost done with the engine. but next is a complete suspension overhaul and other things needed done to the chasis.. i need help or advice as to wat to get ( a list) of all parts from reliable and quality brands. if you guys can do this for me i would appreciate. This car turned out to be a lemon. and even tho i dont make much at all im still determine to make it comeback to life. thanx in advance!!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suspension/chasis part overhaul EM1

Just replace all of your bushings and ball joints with oem parts, difference will be amazing.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you even know what needs to be replaced and what doesn't, or are you just going to replace things for the hell of replacing them?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ryank327
Just replace all of your bushings and ball joints with oem parts, difference will be amazing.
coo coo thank you for the tip i have taken into consideration
Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
Do you even know what needs to be replaced and what doesn't, or are you just going to replace things for the hell of replacing them?
well i know for a fact the suspension needs to be replaced cuz the previous owners didnt do there **** rite. and with time it started messin up. so to avoid further problems .. ive bin considering the tein flex type as i plan in the future to take ma car ocassionally to the auto cross and circuit track. so i wanna have those options.. but no im not replacing parts jst cuz.. i figured since its gonna be apart might as well replace everything else that needs to be replaced.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Koni yellows. Ground control shocks with autocross rates. Replace your bushings, preferably with the Energy master kit. Upgrade your sway bars. Get a rear chassis brace. From there, get upper and lower front and rear tie rods. If that still isn't stiff enough for you, look into a B pillar brace, and fender braces. That's your order of operations for suspension and handling upgrades.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
Koni yellows. Ground control shocks with autocross rates. Replace your bushings, preferably with the Energy master kit. Upgrade your sway bars. Get a rear chassis brace. From there, get upper and lower front and rear tie rods. If that still isn't stiff enough for you, look into a B pillar brace, and fender braces. That's your order of operations for suspension and handling upgrades.
thanks jst wat i was looking for is this kind of setup stupid expensive??
Old 09-12-2012, 01:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by em1psyco
thanks jst wat i was looking for is this kind of setup stupid expensive??
That all depends on how in-depth you decide to go with it. Koni/GC is extremely affordable, especially for what you get. Last I checked, the combination can be found for ~$600? The Energy Master Kit can be found for ~$100-$150. A good rear chassis brace might initially look expensive, but a good one is worth it if you plan on upgrading your sway bars. Sway bars can also be pricy. B pillar braces are pretty cheap. Fender braces are expensive, difficult to install, and definitely not for someone who only "occasionally" goes to the track.

For the bottom line, expect to drop about a grand and still have plenty of room for improvement.