Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Suspension bolt problem*first post*

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension bolt problem*first post*

This is my first post, so take it easy on me. I read alot, but never had the urge to post till now.
I own a 94 delsol, and i purchased KYB gr2's, Skunk2 springs, and Skunk2 Front adjustible bj/controll arms. I normally do my own work, and i have expierence with suspension, and jsut about everything else. But this always happens, I installed the fronts no prob, chopped the bumpstop about 2 inches, and trimmed the top spring rubber seat so the springs fit, and installed everything. Then i moved to the rear, took of the top strut mounting bolts, hit the lower strut bolt with impactgun, and nothing happened. After soaking in PB and hitting it a few more times, i finally got out my 3foot socket handle extension, put it on there and SNAP! the head pops off. Then i normally freak out and spew a few choice words at the car, then take it to the suspension shop and let them torch off the bolt or somthing, and i pay $150 to have my rears installed. I have done this to about 4 different civic/integras, and its getting old. I searched, but didnt find anything. Any input would be appreciated. I figured this would happen to more people, but nobody has ever heard of it. Thanks in advance.
PS> lastnight i was in a bad mood, so i went out there and cut the strut forks off and then ripped the bolt sleve out of the bushing in the arm. Got a new bushing from work, and then took the new sleeve out of the bushing and smashed it into the existing bushing. so, its fixed, but my car is currently lowered on 3 corners, looks ok, but rides like ***. im going to take it to honda and have them replace the bushings and put the other rear on and then allign. plannin ondoing this tuesday.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Suspension bolt problem*first post* (b23eight)

same crap happend to me with my 93 civic- thought i was getting somewhere with that rear lower bolt and the head snapped clean off! so then i had to bring it somewhere and have the bolt drilled out of the bushing and have the whole thing replaced- i was very pissed because it was money i wasnt planning on spending- especially since i coulda done the whole thing myself if that bolt cooperated...
Old 06-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension bolt problem*first post* (blackeg)

ha, seems like alot of people have this problem. i personally have never had this happen though, and i've lowered a couple of cars so far.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suspension bolt problem*first post* (tominos)

no freakin way, i thought i was only only one with that same exact problem....fronts went on easily but that back bottom bolt snapped.....i used a big ****** drill