Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sunroof probelms

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:19 AM

Location: ....................................................................................................
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof probelms

hey hows it going everyone i new to honda tech and my 94 ex the sunroof sticks and i always have to force it with my hand, the motor works and everything it closes fine without sticking i was wondering if anyone has any idea whats up with it?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:57 AM

Location: ....................................................................................................
Default Re: Sunroof probelms (blkegcoupe)

BUMP.....!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine does too ***** old...
Old 04-04-2008, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Sunroof probelms (ej1love)

is there a way to spray the tracks with wd40? will that work
Old 04-04-2008, 08:20 AM

BUMP
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkegcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there a way to spray the tracks with wd40? will that work</TD></TR></TABLE>
be very careful if you do this it can get into the guides and cause things to miss align. The best way I have found to clean and relube the track is to open the sun roof (you will need it closed for some of the bolts tilted or open for the others) and remove the 3 allen bolts from each side. Lift off the glass. You now have access to most of the track. start with a degreaser on a rag and remove as much of the old gummed up grease as you can then I use Q tips and get all the hard to reach places. You will have to run the sun roof back and forth to get everything clean. Once you have the track clean us a light weight lube or a dry lube and just add it to the area where the roof guides slide a little bit will do ya. Reinstall the sunroof glass and close the roof make sure and adjust the glass with the roof line then tighten all the bolts back down.I have a few other tricks and ? if this doesn't work for you let me know
Old 04-08-2008, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Sunroof probelms (instructor74)

hey thanks man
Old 04-08-2008, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Sunroof probelms (instructor74)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instructor74 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
be very careful if you do this it can get into the guides and cause things to miss align. The best way I have found to clean and relube the track is to open the sun roof (you will need it closed for some of the bolts tilted or open for the others) and remove the 3 allen bolts from each side. Lift off the glass. You now have access to most of the track. start with a degreaser on a rag and remove as much of the old gummed up grease as you can then I use Q tips and get all the hard to reach places. You will have to run the sun roof back and forth to get everything clean. Once you have the track clean us a light weight lube or a dry lube and just add it to the area where the roof guides slide a little bit will do ya. Reinstall the sunroof glass and close the roof make sure and adjust the glass with the roof line then tighten all the bolts back down.I have a few other tricks and ? if this doesn't work for you let me know</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm having a problem with my EX's sunroof. It moves about an eighth of an inch then stops. The motor works fine but it's like there is something stopping the glass from moving back. What should I be looking at or trying? Is it possible it's off the track? I'm weary of trying anything in the off-chance it will start leaking...
Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sunroof probelms (ErikFlipside)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkegcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey thanks man</TD></TR></TABLE>
No problem let me know how you make out
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ErikFlipside &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm having a problem with my EX's sunroof. It moves about an eighth of an inch then stops. The motor works fine but it's like there is something stopping the glass from moving back. What should I be looking at or trying? Is it possible it's off the track? I'm weary of trying anything in the off-chance it will start leaking...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well first thing I would do is try relubing the tracks if that doesn't help you might have a bad switch. there should be a tilt funcktion and then a second stage of the switch to fully open the sunroof