Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

suggestions on wiring problem??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions on wiring problem??

i have had a wiring problem with my civic since i got it and haven't figured it out, ive tested all the grounds, all fuses are fine ect. I hit the turn signal and all rear lights flash, turn on the headlights and the left turn signals stay on solid without blinking, when the headlights are on the interior lights that should come on do not. and thats about all i can think of now, i gotta get it inspected to get it on the road in 15 days, so should i just take it to a wiring person where i live or does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Any suggestions will be appreciated
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suggestions on wiring problem??

Ah, one hell of a problem, at least for me. I had a similar (not quite as bad) problem when I did some wiring with my EK hatch. My problem was that the metal was corroded a bit, making it impossible for the circuit to finish. Take some sand paper, and sand any corroded/hazey wiring pieces lightly, and see if that helps. Also, sounds like something could be backwords... Hope it helped.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suggestions on wiring problem??

Originally Posted by bmxkills
Ah, one hell of a problem, at least for me. I had a similar (not quite as bad) problem when I did some wiring with my EK hatch. My problem was that the metal was corroded a bit, making it impossible for the circuit to finish. Take some sand paper, and sand any corroded/hazey wiring pieces lightly, and see if that helps. Also, sounds like something could be backwords... Hope it helped.

what metal are you talking about? i did sand the grounds themselves and on the car