Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed?

Wassup HT!

My car was broken into last night and they started breaking all types of **** on my Dash.

I have a 94 Civic SI. and the theives tried to take the Grey panel on the dash that goes from the drivers side end of the dash to the ceter of the dash. and has the cut out for the Climate Control and Radio.

EG Civic owners should know what I'm talking about. It the only grey panel on the black dash.

Well my question is if this panel is replacable or would I have to just get a whole new dash. Sorry no pics but I think I described it enough to give you guys a mental picture.

I'll appreciate any info on this topic.... Good Looking Out in advance!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (ProjectEGSiR)

i think that panel is replaceable. if i recall right ive seen quite a few of them painted so they have to be able to take them out unless they want to spend hours masking...
Old 03-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (MilanoCivic97)

call the cops and get that **** fingerprinted.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (EM100Si)

already did.... They did not finger print. It was broken into in PG County Maryland and the cops there are very un organized and treat these cases like they are not important. All they did was take a report on what was taken from the car.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (ProjectEGSiR)

its replaceable, gotta take off the dash to get to the screws tho
Old 03-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (92ehatch)

It is replaceable, there about nine screws that need to be removed from the back, so you'll have to take you whole dash out.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AntiochOG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is replaceable, there about nine screws that need to be removed from the back, so you'll have to take you whole dash out.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92ehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its replaceable, gotta take off the dash to get to the screws tho</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it's replaceable, the whole dash has to come out though. From what I've heard, it's a pain in the ***.

PS. Sorry for parroting what AntiochOG & 92ehatch said.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (92ehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM100Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">call the cops and get that **** fingerprinted. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol yeah ok, when you get some cops to fingerprint your broken into civic I'll suck your *****. Luckinly for me, it will never happen lmao.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AntiochOG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is replaceable, there about nine screws that need to be removed from the back, so you'll have to take you whole dash out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, happened to me as well, and you do have to take out the whole dash to get to the screws, no other way around it.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Theives Broke My Dashboard....Can it be fixed? (kuja396)

That is great news. Still have to remove the dash and that will be tough... I was on the Majestic Honda dealership website and you can access their parts catalog and I could not find the Grey panel part in the listing. I will go and check with the parts guy at the dealership locally and see if he can order that individually.

I HATE F&*%$#$ Theives. My car was stolen twice this year and after I put a Pager alarm, Air horns, Low jack Its gets broken into again cause I pulled my swap out and did not reconnect the battery.

I really kicked myself in the *** there cause I lost all the new parts that was going on my GSR n/a swap.

Thank God for INSURANCE!

ANYONE HAVE A DIAGRAM WITH THE BOLT/SCREW LOCATION SO I CAN REMOVE THE DASH ? I DON'T WANT TO SPEND $20 ON THE HAYNES MANUAL.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes It can be replaced., you need to remove the dash which is not too bad. The honda part # is 77210-SR3-C11ZA its about $150 from the dealer so you might want to try ebay or a junkyard.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check this site out

http://importnut.net/civicsteeringswap.htm

Just scroll half way down, there's a Dash board swap DIY