Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stupid Rusty Quarter Panels!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Rusty Quarter Panels!

The rust above my wheelwell is getting outta hand.. I took it to a body shop were they supposedly sealed it, but apparently that didnt work, cuz not only is it still rusting, but it looks even worse thanks to the bubbly sealjob they did. I need new quarter panels and although I had hoped to put them off until I could finish with my engine build up, that doesnt look like its gonna happen.

I've called all the junk yards around where I am, and all of the EG's have already been snatched up. I just got off the phone with certi-fit but they dont sell 1/4 panels for the EG, so again no luck there.

Since I know a lot of you early generation civic owners have this problem too, what did you do to get rid of it.. ignoring it is not an option anymore. I dont give a poop about cosmetics but I need my car to at least not have big holes in it. If you know any sites or companies that sell quarter panels for the EG, please let me know. TIA

PS - Any idea how much would it cost to repair my quarter panels at a good shop?

[Modified by Nine, 1:18 AM 2/21/2003]
Old 02-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Rusty Quarter Panels! (Nine)

talk to honda and see if you can get new ones...that way you will get another 10+ years of rust free life out of them.

expensive, but worth it in the long run
Old 02-20-2003, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Stupid Rusty Quarter Panels! (FifthGearOnline)

Thats good advice but Im too stubborn to take it. I dont wanna spend that kinda money on cosmetics.. (I got too much left undone under the hood) I was hoping for a site/company that either sells used OEM 1/4 panels or something close to certi-fit where its a cheap imitation that still fits well. I would leave this until I am done with my turbo build up but that wont be for 2-3 more years from now.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Stupid Rusty Quarter Panels! (Nine)

its gonna cost you alot of $ to have new quarters put on either way so you may as well buy oem honda ones that will fit well cause aftrmarket fits like ****,sometimes it looks ok for fenders but quarters wher they gotta be welded in i wouldnt tkae the chance with my car,,,depending on how big and bad the rust is if you go to a GOOD body shop they should have no problem cutting the rust out and weding in new patches,that is what i did to my car and the rust isnot coming back,but at a good shop that isnt going to be that cheap either,,work done right takes time.....and time is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 02-20-2003, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Stupid Rusty Quarter Panels! (dose)

dose, how much was it for your patching?