Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stupid ricer e-brake handle question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid ricer e-brake handle question...

So I bought a blue/carbon fiber e-brake handle to match my razo shift ****. I already have a cheezy all blue handle cover on the car now, so I don't need help getting the factory one off. The one I bought, however....is just barely too small. It has the notch on the underside to fit back far enough on the handle, so I thought it was the right one, but the diameter is a hair too small. Anybody know an easy way to remove a tiny bit of the ridge on the under-side of the factory handle? I don't have an angle grinder, but I do have a wheel and arbor I could put on my drill. Think that would work? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question... (undertheradar)

a dremel with a cuting disc and or grinding stone
Old 11-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question... (-CivicTuner-)

yea just use a dremel to grind away at the new one to the point where it fits
Old 11-26-2003, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why?
Old 11-26-2003, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question... (SOHC_MShue)

Why not? Asshat....

To those that actually contributed to this in a positive fashion....thank you.
Although, I don't think anything on the cover could be trimmed...it's on the inside and there's no way to get all the way down the length of the thing. I'll try the grinding wheel on the handle itself and see if that works.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why not? Asshat....</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 11-26-2003, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why not? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because it will look like **** and make your interior look cheap.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

let me gues does it say HONDASPORT lol j/k
Old 11-26-2003, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yup. I took a dremel to mine and cut ti along the top until i could pull the rest of it off.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:20 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because it will look like **** and make your interior look cheap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well **** man! Why didn't you say so?! I guess I better not do it then! Can you do me a favor and give me a list of all the mods I should do to my car? That way I could be just like you...a total ******* idiot. Ooh, Ooh, and I better run out to Foot Locker and buy some new shoes so I can be "chillin' in my Air Force Ones" just like you! Never mind, I just saw how old you are, and the explains everything, you douche-bag!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No...if you read my post again, I don't need to get the old factory one off...it's long gone. I need to grind down the actuall HANDLE to put my new one on. Thanks for the input though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well **** man! Why didn't you say so?! I guess I better not do it then! Can you do me a favor and give me a list of all the mods I should do to my car? That way I could be just like you...a total ******* idiot. Ooh, Ooh, and I better run out to Foot Locker and buy some new shoes so I can be "chillin' in my Air Force Ones" just like you! Never mind, I just saw how old you are, and the explains everything, you douche-bag!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And he has been a contributing member for 10 times as long as you have. Just because you may be older than some of us on this board you aernt more intelligent. You are the one asking how to make your super cool ebrake handle fit on.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question... (nextelbuddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nextelbuddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">let me gues does it say HONDASPORT lol j/k</TD></TR></TABLE>

No it doesn't...but I remember when Hondasport had some of the best stuff for Hondas. They were based out of Sacramento then, and still are, but they are now Tsunami.

This handle is just blue aluminum with a real carbon fiber sleeve. It will match my black leather and blue stitched boot and blue/carbon Razo shift ****. Thats the only blue in the interior (besides some accents on my guages), and it goes well with the light grey interior of my EK.

Modified by undertheradar at 6:39 PM 11/26/2003
Old 11-26-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question... (Ricey McRicerton)

Whoopity ******* doo! So he's been on here for longer than me. I didn't make this post asking for advise on what's cool for my car whether or not you or anybody likes it. If you'd have paid attention and read the title of this post, you would have sensed the sarcasm and slight humor in the fact that I know that most of the people on this board are way too opinionated, and that yes, I realize that to those people, an e-brake handle is a "ricer mod"

I've got absolutely nothing against people that are younger than me...I'm 28 and still dress and act like I did when I was 17....but when someone spews negative comments in a post that isn't inviting criticism just to get their post count up there, it's easy to see how immature they are...doesn't matter what age they are.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well **** man! Why didn't you say so?! I guess I better not do it then!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats great man! I knew you would realize how stupid it would be. You even said in the thread title that it was a "stupid ricer e-brake handle". Why would you want something like that on your car? And about the comment on my title....i'm guessing that is my title because my last name is Shue which is very similar to the word shoe. Makes sense doesn't it? Also you say age doesn't decide someones maturity level. Then why did you make that comment on my age?
Old 11-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Reading these replies and come backs are so funny..

I can always count on Honda-tech for amusment!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thats great man! I knew you would realize how stupid it would be. You even said in the thread title that it was a "stupid ricer e-brake handle". Why would you want something like that on your car? And about the comment on my title....i'm guessing that is my title because my last name is Shue which is very similar to the word shoe. Makes sense doesn't it? Also thats a real mature comment on my age *******. Like that really matters...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reference to your title was in regards to the fact to you say you're "chillin" in some of the trendiest (and ugly IMO) to come back in a a long while.

Read my above post about the fact that I know most would consider a ebrake handle ricey. But I'm willing to bet that at least half the people on this board have aor still have something of the sort. Now, if I'd made my post about getting a rare JDM hand brake cover that cost me $500 dollars to fit, I'm sure you would have responded differently.

Now, in response to calling attention to your age:
In another 5 years, I seriously doubt you'll be so quick to throw negative comments about something as insignificant as a car part around so easily.

******* internet tough guys..... Get me riled up every time...

Old 11-26-2003, 09:50 AM

"Good ole' Shoe, Good ole' shoe,
stand up big and tall
like he, taught ya to..."

Reminded me of that funny *** movie Wag the Dog...
Old 11-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">******* internet tough guys..... Get me riled up every time... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wanna wrastle over it?? We all bust each other's ***** on here, so everybody calm down and don't get too upset. It's just the internet for christ's sake.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question... (Ricey McRicerton)

Exactly....I'm just trying to enjoy the SLOW day at work ******* off.

Anybody wanna buy a blue/carbonfiber ebrake handle? :D
Old 11-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody wanna buy a blue/carbonfiber ebrake handle? :D</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not me..I would'nt be caught dead with that ricer crap in my car.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok sorry for ragging on your e-brake. Lets make up. Also just to let you know the word chillin was not put in my title by me. Mods asign people their titles. I didn't even ask for it . Also about the $500 ebrake cover.....i wouldn't ever buy something like that because i'm not a jdm *****. I'm only 17 and don't have enough money to be one.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:10 AM

Oh, alright......I love you again.

I wouldn't spend more than 10 bucks on an ebrake handle, which is what I paid for this one. I spend 2 hours every day commuting in my car, and it's the little things that help me to enjoy it....like the 13" black ***** I keep under my seat.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Put it in..Take it out... Put it in..Take it out, United States

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Read my above post about the fact that I know most would consider a ebrake handle ricey. But I'm willing to bet that at least half the people on this board have aor still have something of the sort. Now, if I'd made my post about getting a rare JDM hand brake cover that cost me $500 dollars to fit, I'm sure you would have responded differently.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so sad but so true, if i knew how to help ya out i would, someone tell the guy how to get it to work
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 AM

lets kick his *** guys
Old 11-26-2003, 10:13 AM

Now, if I'd made my post about getting a rare JDM hand brake cover that cost me $500 dollars to fit, I'm sure you would have responded differently.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And...........there it is! It took longer than I thought. You see, on Honda-Tech, when someone doesn't get the proper answer to stupid ricer crap, they automatically turn to "sorry it's not JDM" or "HT only cares about JDM" comments. Thanks for playing

Quick Reply: Stupid ricer e-brake handle question...