Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stupid governor

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid governor

ok i have a 95 civic coupe dx with the d15b7 engine and the governor kicks in at about 117mph and i want to know all the ways i can get rid of my governor. and how much some of the things would cost and where i can get them.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: stupid governor (potential)

Here's an Idea, quit going fast on the street you "family-in-a-mini-van-coming-home-from-the-movies" killer.

And I doubt your car traps over 117 at the quarter, if it did you wouldn't be asking this.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get a chipped ecu...why do you want to go over 117 anyways?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You need to chip the ecu. Is the motor stock? And if it is stock, your reasoning for wanting to go over 117mph?

Edit: ^^ they beat me to it... gd kids wanted to go fast on the freeway. Next thing you know the tire blows out and your *** is in the wall and killed yourself for nothing. All because you were trying to race on the fwy
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: stupid governor (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"family-in-a-mini-van-coming-home-from-the-movies" killer.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stupid governor (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's an Idea, quit going fast on the street you "family-in-a-mini-van-coming-home-from-the-movies" killer.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed... to the op, dont be a god damn moron and slow the f*ck down. Don't know who you are trying to impress in a DX, but no matter how fast it goes or will go its never going to be as cool as you think it is. Most people will just laugh, especially when you become part of the statistic.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get a chip kit for a obd1 from motes.net
then install chrome
program a chip with a higher governor
but dont post another thread that says
"oh damn i blew my motor, now what?"

there is a reason why honda put governor's on.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: stupid governor (commotion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by commotion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
there is a reason why honda put governor's on.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
if you are track racing and you hit a straight away and you hit govern
then get it changed
don't kill your self
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stupid governor (K20 INSIDE)

ok everyone i dont track race and i am not trying to look cool in a dx especially one like mine. i freeway race erly in the morning so if there are any mini vans full of kids on the road that late then they are asking for trouble. i just wanted to know if i can remove it or set it higher. my engine is stock and i would be happy if it blew up. my car is not going to be the one i fix up. i just like to go fast its that simple. no higher reason then just going fast. now where can i find me a chipped ecu?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by potential &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i freeway race erly in the morning so if there are any mini vans full of kids on the road that late then they are asking for trouble.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No you being on the freeway racing is asking for trouble. People are aloud to be on the freeway driving (like a sane person) whenever the damn well please. No matter what time it is, if you kill someone with your stupid *** car, you killed someone and WILL go to jail for that ****. Now, STOP BEING A ******* MORON AND SLOW THE HELL DOWN. IF I ever see your dumb *** fly by me on the freeway, I will get you plate number and call the cops. And probably find out where you live and then proceed to trash your car. You don't deserve to be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stupid governor (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No you being on the freeway racing is asking for trouble. People are aloud to be on the freeway driving (like a sane person) whenever the damn well please. No matter what time it is, if you kill someone with your stupid *** car, you killed someone and WILL go to jail for that ****. Now, STOP BEING A ******* MORON AND SLOW THE HELL DOWN. IF I ever see your dumb *** fly by me on the freeway, I will get you plate number and call the cops. And probably find out where you live and then proceed to trash your car. You don't deserve to be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2f#cking million and them some. You sir (OP) are a complete douchebag in your piece of **** car, not saying that mine is a prize, but im also not asking how to take the governor off my stock d16z6 so that I can push over 117mph trying to race some vato in a 88 accord at 3am. Do the world a favor, next time the freeway is clear and you are doing 117mph, play chicken with the center divider and lose
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread was already at the top so what the hell...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And probably find out where you live and then proceed to trash your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wtf?? That doesn't make you any better than him... well... probably worse. That makes you... probably worse that a thief.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: stupid governor (kuja396)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kuja396 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wtf?? That doesn't make you any better than him... well... probably worse. That makes you... probably worse that a thief. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If it keeps this dumbass off the road and increases the chance of everyone in this state of living that much more, I will be more than glad to spend time in jail for that.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stupid governor (SOHC4life 96)

If it keeps this dumbass off the road and increases the chance of everyone in this state of living that much more, I will be more than glad to spend time in jail for that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn man thats pretty harsh. Plus, do something like that in Texas and there is a good chance that you'll also end up with buttets entering your body. I definately agree about him hitting mad vtack but come on, leave it to the cops man. Taking the whole renegade position is a little too far.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No you being on the freeway racing is asking for trouble. People are aloud to be on the freeway driving (like a sane person) whenever the damn well please. No matter what time it is, if you kill someone with your stupid *** car, you killed someone and WILL go to jail for that ****. Now, STOP BEING A ******* MORON AND SLOW THE HELL DOWN. IF I ever see your dumb *** fly by me on the freeway, I will get you plate number and call the cops. You don't deserve to be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.</TD></TR></TABLE>
++++2
OP you Sir are the type of A hole that runs from the cops because you think you can drive well and outrun them. Here is how to fix your rev limiter go out start your car rev the **** out of it for about 10min at 8,000 then put it in gear and run it right into a big tree oh yeah remember to wear your seat belt wouldn't want you getting hurt.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:53 AM

I didnt want to take sides here, acting like a tool on the freeway, and threating to trash someones car...but the fact of the matter is..it's fucktards like you who give the cops more reason to pull any Honda that looks like a "street racer" There is no reason you should be doing 117 + on a bone stock Honda.
Grow up a little and slow down...rims and chopping springs doesn't help, and you are far from cool, you are just another reason why insurance companies charge what they do when they hear the name civic.

Modified by _skitzo_ at 1:06 PM 5/23/2007
Old 05-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (_skitzo_)

Just wondering, how "fast" does your car get to 117mph from a dead stop?

There's no need to be going that fast on the street, especially in a slow stock Civic DX that wasn't built and/or modified for going that fast.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:07 PM

most cars governed at anything less than 127 mph, are governed as such to keep them from going airborne. if you remove this without a fully functional bernoulli downforce aerodynamics system on your car then you risk dying on the freeway and becoming a statistic. these kits are fing expensive and most likely dont come for your car so its a good idea to forget it. ive said to others and i will say it to you, its a good idea for you to take your car to a parking lot put it in reverse, turn the steering wheel full left ,and do brodies until your engine seizes. then ride your bicycle, until you can afford to die alone on a crotch rocket at 180 mph.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: stupid governor (K20 INSIDE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by potential &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok everyone i dont track race and i am not trying to look cool in a dx especially one like mine. i freeway race erly in the morning so if there are any mini vans full of kids on the road that late then they are asking for trouble. i just wanted to know if i can remove it or set it higher. my engine is stock and i would be happy if it blew up. my car is not going to be the one i fix up. i just like to go fast its that simple. no higher reason then just going fast. now where can i find me a chipped ecu?</TD></TR></TABLE> i hate ppl like you... please donate your car to goodwill... and go ride a tricycle off a cliff....
Old 05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by potential &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i have a 95 civic coupe dx with the d15b7 engine and the governor kicks in at about 117mph and i want to know all the ways i can get rid of my governor. and how much some of the things would cost and where i can get them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Post like this are against forum rules and is illegal, and makes the rest of us Honda enthusiast light up like rudolph's red nose for cops to pick at. Thats why we suffer harassment from cops due to ignorant and idiotic people who do such actions when driving a honda/acura. I say take it to your local police station tell them your situation on how fast you were going and that the governor chip won't allow you to speed faster. Then tell us your story after you get your car impounded and ticketed for wreckless driving and endangerment.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: stupid governor (VTECth1s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECth1s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Post like this are against forum rules and is illegal, and makes the rest of us Honda enthusiast light up like rudolph's red nose for cops to pick at. Thats why we suffer harassment from cops due to ignorant and idiotic people who do such actions when driving a honda/acura. I say take it to your local police station tell them your situation on how fast you were going and that the governor chip won't allow you to speed faster. Then tell us your story after you get your car impounded and ticketed for wreckless driving and endangerment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha x2
don't street race dude that's just stupid and it's a good way to kill yourself or someone else... save it for the track
Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: stupid governor (94c1v1cex)

How dare you impose on someone else's priveledge to drive on the freeway in the morning. Say a mom was taking her kids to a morning soccer game 2 hours away.

What kind of insolate fucktard would tell some mom and her kids in a mini-van he has the leway to drive 100+ on the freeway just because it's early in the morning.

I hope you die, this thread gets locked, and I get points docked for telling you to. Die in a firey auto crash that you couldn't get out of because you have lambo doors and are on your roof because you flipped after killing 5 people.

I've had 3 friends get hit by street racers, two died and one's paralyzed.