Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Strut bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:23 AM
H.crx-si

Default Strut bars

Ok maybe this will work better then my other post. Which would you buy? the skunk2 bar will be about an extra 30 bucks.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Strut bars (H.crx-si)

i got mine off ebay and they're workin out fine for me
Old 08-28-2004, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (SpeedBoi101)

same here, but if you got the money i'd go with a name brand bar of some sort.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strut bars (kevoweb)

A bar is a bar is a bar is a bar is a bar...(unless it's triangulated).
Old 08-28-2004, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (JimmyAtlantis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimmyAtlantis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A bar is a bar is a bar is a bar is a bar...(unless it's triangulated).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-28-2004, 07:41 AM

Ebay- unless you plan on popping the hood to show that you have Skunk2- that'll be the only difference
Old 08-28-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (JimmyAtlantis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimmyAtlantis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A bar is a bar is a bar is a bar is a bar...(unless it's triangulated).</TD></TR></TABLE>

i disagree, there are many bars out there that are better than others. with a strut bar you want something strong that wont bend under pressure. the strongest bar ive delt with is the spoon strut bars. ive standed on them and jumped and still they dont bend. ive standed on an ebay bar and without jumping itll bend down like half an inch. itll do something but not as much as a quality strut bar. when it comes to suspension and braking i dont think ebay is the way to go. just my opinion.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (h23eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h23eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i disagree, there are many bars out there that are better than others. with a strut bar you want something strong that wont bend under pressure. the strongest bar ive delt with is the spoon strut bars. ive standed on them and jumped and still they dont bend. ive standed on an ebay bar and without jumping itll bend down like half an inch. itll do something but not as much as a quality strut bar. when it comes to suspension and braking i dont think ebay is the way to go. just my opinion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i got ebay upper and lowers on front and back, i dont find myself standed (stood maybe?) on mine that often so i guess ur theory is out the window there. i mean sure they are stronger but how many of us out there are HARDCORE road races and are able to turn 1g on a skidpad? i mean as long as it TIES the 2 together its pretty much the same, unless u are serious about how JDM u wanna be or what not.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (LSvtecEH2)

well another way you could go is get a stock one off another car... thats another way to be authentic... and clean...
Old 08-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Strut bars (hondainspired)

Make your own. Or go with the cheapest one. Unless if your going for a C pillar, X bar, Traction Bar, Roll cage, go top of the line if you can.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strut bars (Luserkid)

i'd buy the skunk2.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (Sl0wEK)

i have a front mugen strut bar. it weighs maybe (if not less then) a pound. a good way to test a strut bar is push down on either side of the car, if the other side that you are not pushing moves up (hence "body roll") then the strut bar is not sturdy enough. a good shock/spring combination, and sturdy strut bars can eliminate alot of body roll...you get what you pay for. oh and also **** all that "depends on how jdm you want to be" its not about being jdm especially when it comes to spoon or mugen, name a time they have not made a quality product and ill give you a nickel.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Strut bars (whitesw20)

did i say anything about their quality? no. overpriced? possibly. i mean com'on. use ur head.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:32 PM

they may very well be over priced...but ide rather pay for something overpriced if its reliable, then something cheap that does you no good.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:17 PM
H.crx-si

wow thx for the feedback guys. So far I'm still undecided but I might go the ebay route. Even if I trash the upper bars for better ones I should still get decent tie bars because their shorter and less likely to bend I'd think.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:10 PM

depends on if you're popping your hood every 5 minutes but "a bar is a bar" ... "except if its triangulated"
Old 08-28-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: (blue2ksi)

I just got CUSCO front and rear strut bars, they pwn hardcore.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how bout not wasting $$ on strut bars and get **** that will actually improve your handling like a sway bar
Old 08-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

get a carbing 3 point they are so pretty
Old 08-28-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Strut bars (h23eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h23eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i disagree, there are many bars out there that are better than others. with a strut bar you want something strong that wont bend under pressure. the strongest bar ive delt with is the spoon strut bars. ive standed on them and jumped and still they dont bend. ive standed on an ebay bar and without jumping itll bend down like half an inch. itll do something but not as much as a quality strut bar. when it comes to suspension and braking i dont think ebay is the way to go. just my opinion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What if it's name brand/quality material auctioning off on eBay?
Old 08-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my ebay bars were apcrap
but they work...kinda
(rear upper and lower set)
Old 09-04-2004, 07:07 PM

Brand is just for look man. strut bar is a strut bar.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uhhm my friend in an integra.. he had china-town strut bars for a while lol.. and then he got hooked up for some spoon strut bars.. and boy they do make a difference.. im not sure about them skunks.. but spoon helps nasty..
Old 09-04-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Strut bars (boysnightout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSvtecEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i got ebay upper and lowers on front and back, i dont find myself standed (stood maybe?) on mine that often so i guess ur theory is out the window there. i mean sure they are stronger but how many of us out there are HARDCORE road races and are able to turn 1g on a skidpad? i mean as long as it TIES the 2 together its pretty much the same, unless u are serious about how JDM u wanna be or what not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't get me wrong, but there is a saying. "You get what you pay for." And I wouldn't get just any thing off of ebay. Any flex from a strut gets a from me. I'm a lateral G addict and I used to have a Tenzo strut bar and I got rid of that thing quick and got a SKUNK2 Strut bar and immediately felt the difference.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strut bars (whitesw20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whitesw20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a good way to test a strut bar is push down on either side of the car, if the other side that you are not pushing moves up (hence "body roll") then the strut bar is not sturdy enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>
all cars will go up on the opposite side that you push down on. its natural. now, with a lowered car, it might make sense to do that, but will prove absolutely nothing.

as many stated before. a bar is a bar. any piece of tensil strengthened metal goin from tower to tower is goin to work just as good as a 270 dollar skunk2 bar.

Quick Reply: Strut bars