Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

street glow and arospeed front mount intake.................................

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 01:09 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street glow and arospeed front mount intake.................................

how good is the arospeed front mount intake that looks like an intercooler? is it easy to get water into it like a cold air intake? and the street glow underbody neon kit.....after it is mounted under the body, can it handle rough areas like when there is alot of snow and stuff like that?
Old 07-05-2001, 04:09 PM
New User

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (hobo79)

anyone willing to help answer those questions????................
Old 07-05-2001, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (hobo79)

sure, i can answer the underglow lights... i was dumb enough to have them on my integra when i first got it.. they were phat however i cracked my front one because of how low my car was.. they lasted through the winter, and i went through some snow... however it is advised that you remove them for the winter season.. and if you are gonna have em on a lowered car then you should have a body kit to hide them other wise they look madd stupid..

As for the aerospeed intake... it works the same as the old FMIS, and yes there is a big risk of water.. since it is directly exposed to the inlet of your drive.. i would refrain from this purchase... just get an aem cai.. unless your going from straight up show and some slow go..

-IntegraPoweR
Old 07-05-2001, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why are doing that? I just want you to RE-THINK about what you are spending your money on. BTW I wouldn't mount one of those neon lights underneath the car in crazy weather, or if your car is too low, it will crack the filament. Just go turbo and get a real intercooler, plus it would be WAAAAY faster.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:09 PM
New User

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (ek_mr5)

so then when one day i get a turbo and i have an intercooler in the front......i have a risk of water getting in the same way as an intake????......is there a way to prevent this like putting the AEM by-pass valve on the arospeed front mount intake and also on the intercooler?

is it easy to take off the street glow stuff for the winter? THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!
Old 07-05-2001, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the underglow kit comes with little clips that hold the tubes.. these are easy to remove..(bulbS) just leave the clips on.. i wouldnt do it unless you have a kit... but honestly think this over.. if you want to go or you want to show.. its all good as long as you dont put 100000 stickers taht say stupid **** you dont have on your car.. and no R stickers please..hehe

as for the Intercooler question.. its like a radiator.. i wouldnt worry about water getting in there.. however in a FMIS thats your filter and its sucking.. and no to the aem bypass dont mix two products like that.. ull just cause more work for yourself..
Old 07-06-2001, 05:48 AM
B18C-EJ1

so then when one day i get a turbo and i have an intercooler in the front......i have a risk of water getting in the same way as an intake????
??????????????????????????????????????????

Old 07-06-2001, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (Aj.)

Please don't rice your car out....you won't be allowed to post here anymore
FYI when you get a REAL intercooler..there is no danger of getting water in it...I love driving my turbo in the rain
Old 07-06-2001, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (DragIIcivic)

i have a pink neon kit under my car. my car is purple. i have a front mount aropenis intake. it adds 34 horsepowers. i dynoed it. the pink neon kit adds 45 horsepowers, but only if your car is purple. i liek milk.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:30 AM
Trial User

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (MatT3T4)

i mounted my nean kit inside my car. i bought led washer nozzles(only $50!) and led steering weehl. it's mad fast now. and the high school chicks really luv me 2.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (eviladam)

Word Yo! LMAO!
Old 07-06-2001, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The air actually gets sucked in through an air filter when you're using a turbo setup, just like stock (except from a different location). The intercooler is a radiator for the pressurized intake charge that the turbo spits out before it gets to your engine.

Under-body neon kits...? You DO know that those are considered a hazard to drive with, right? They are up here, anyway. I think you get ticketed for using them on the road.

OK, let's say your neon kit costs you $100... and your FMI costs you $300 (reasonable costs, right?). That's $400 you could spend on something that would actually result in more horsepower. Sure, the FMI gets a couple more HP than the AEM cold-air intake but it's more of a hassle to drive on a street car (you have to block it off in the rain so it doesn't suck up dumptrucks worth of water). Besides, you get more respect with an AEM. You're not going to get ANY respect if you put on a neon kit... even if you win the race .
Old 07-06-2001, 09:09 PM
New User

Default Re: street glow and arospeed front mount intake................................. (raeneshadow)

i saw a greddy intercooler for $1000. i didnt know i could get an intercooler for $300.....where at? also, i know that intercoolers can increase alot of hp cause i read it on some dyno testing before. but i am wondering how much of a chance can u get water into your engine?......meaning using the intercooler without turbo until i get one.
Old 07-07-2001, 09:53 AM
B18C-EJ1

i saw a greddy intercooler for $1000. i didnt know i could get an intercooler for $300.....where at? also, i know that intercoolers can increase alot of hp cause i read it on some dyno testing before. but i am wondering how much of a chance can u get water into your engine?......meaning using the intercooler without turbo until i get one.
AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHA oh god, you gotta stop, you're killing me..............................

Come on man, use that thing in the upper right hand corner and "SEARCH" some stuff before you come on here asking these questions.

What's next??? You gonna put a blowoff valve on your non-turbo piping???

Old 07-07-2001, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you think about it, the front mount intake will make you a rice boy. it bascially saying you want an intercooler, but cant afford one. making your car something its not, or something it doesnt have.
Old 07-08-2001, 01:44 PM
New User

Default Re: (FFSquad)

well, i'm so sorry for asking such stupid questions.......i was just wondering whether the arospeed front mount was better than a cold air intake. then i also saw some add about buying an intercooler for better performance so i thought that maybe u can use it without a turbo for performance. I mean they sell them separately so i just thought that could work for better hp or something. I'm just trying to learn. and the neon underbody thing.....i dont care whether its rice or not.....looks nice.