Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Strange Gauge Cluster Problem CLICK HERE PLEASE

Old 09-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Gauge Cluster Problem CLICK HERE PLEASE

Sup,
I recently just threw a gsr into a hatch i bought and the motor runs fine but, the gauge cluster doesnt work at all. The basic lights work as far as oil and battery but NO Tach,Speedo,Gas And, Temp gauge or the CEL. The lighting in the cluster works fine and the other weird thing is the Cruise control light stays on? I checked Fuses and i checked all wiring to the Cluster. If anyone has any ideas please LMK i did search and read there was a power and ground wire for the cluster but i didnt get an idea where they were? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanx in advance peace.

BTW the reverse lights do not work which might be the 2 wire connector on the tranny but if that has anything to do with the gauges i thought i would mention it just incase Thanx.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:44 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Strange Gauge Cluster Problem CLICK HERE PLEASE (GotJew)

Your reverse lights won't have anything to do with the gauge cluster...

Check all your fuses and your wiring.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive done all that. does anyone know where the ground wire for the cluster is? or why my cruise control light stays on?
Old 09-22-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (GotJew)

All the wires from the gauge cluster go to a clip under the dash.

You can access it if you pull off the cover by your feet and also take of the metal bracing thing .

Its almost in the direct middle.

BTW...installing a motor should not have made this happen, you did something else your not tellig us about.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sup,
i just installed the motor and removed all the RICEY accessories that the car came with including wiring from neons and BS. I didnt pull out wires that were connected anywhere near cluster. I checked the fuses i am going to switch clusters and see if maybe the cluster is bad but i doubt it. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated thanx alot peace
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tell me about the motor? what wiringharness did you use,what year is ur car? i had the same problem. i used the wrong harness
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (GotJew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GotJew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sup,
i just installed the motor and removed all the RICEY accessories that the car came with including wiring from neons and BS. I didnt pull out wires that were connected anywhere near cluster. I checked the fuses i am going to switch clusters and see if maybe the cluster is bad but i doubt it. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated thanx alot peace</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you also swap clusters? that's kind of what it sounds like to me. if not, check your ground wires. look for wires shorting out as well. i recently had a wire short and faulty ground wires, causing my cluster to do the same.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strange Gauge Cluster Problem CLICK HERE PLEASE (GotJew)

backup fuse under the hood ?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sup,
i switched clusters and got nothing i havent checked any fuses under the hood and all the wires are plugged in and not cut. i am gonna get out the wiring diagram and trace the wires. the motor is a obd2 gsr with a obd-1 ex harness. any more info guys would help thanx and also where is the ground wires i keep hearing about for the cluster? what fuses should i check under the hood or should i just check em all? thanx alot peace