Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

straight to the point injector ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight to the point injector ?

will injectors from obd1 z6 work on a obd2 y8 motor.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty sure most honda injectors are the same...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: straight to the point injector ? (1ludeEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1ludeEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will injectors from obd1 z6 work on a obd2 y8 motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The plugs are different. Should work besides that though.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: straight to the point injector ? (Chiovnidca)

they <U>will</U> but you need to change out the plugs...
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i change my injectors to obd1 in my obd2 y8. change the clips so they fit, and now my car runs like ***. it bogs at idle and through the rpms. sounds like a subaru. all wiring is color coded so i know theyre matched up. checked the ohms on the injectors, all the same at 11.5. getting power to all the injectors. volts fluctate from 0 to about 2 volts. have no cluse what is wrong any clues?

all i did is remove dsm 440 injectors and the resistor box

any ideas?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Well, you basically cut your fuel supply in half. Did you adjust your fuel pressure to compensate?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure u wired it up correctly.

Also, check to see if each injector is on usually when ur running on 3 cylinder is when it sounds like a subaru.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i has a stock fpr. so i know that cant be the reason. maybe i doing something wrong.
can someone tell me how check if the injectors are working properly.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
* B A N N E D *

im guessing you did not install you're dsm injectors and the injectors came like that when you bought it, he wasnt talking about the FPR hes talking about ecu basemaps

you're probably on crome or a piggyback running richer than expected, and the thing is that you went from dsm's to stock, please tell me you remove w/e power adder you had ie turbo or supercharger, becuase if not you have about 300 lbs of recylcling aluminum there in you're car
Old 03-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: straight to the point injector ? (spork motorsports)

yes it used to be turbo when i bought it. didnt want a turbo car. so i sold everything. i see a what looks stock ecu so i figured everything is pretty much stock.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1ludeEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes it used to be turbo when i bought it. didnt want a turbo car. so i sold everything. i see a what looks stock ecu so i figured everything is pretty much stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Not a good assumption. If it was turbocharged, and actually ran for more than a day, it was not running stock fuel/timing maps.

Buy a stock ECU or borrow one from a friend to eliminate that variable.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 PM
* B A N N E D *

ok so the car was tuned, i aussume it was running well at time of purchase, so he richend the fuel map, now the hard part..........you gots to guess which tuning software he had,

if its obd1 good guess that it is chipped on crome or uberdata,

if you see a blue piggyback INSIDE the ecu its proabay hondata, not enough experince with hondata to tell you what to do sorry man

but if it is crome just save his basemap, you migh need it one day, and load the stock ecu one on there im assuming p28
Old 03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DUDE!!! why didn't you just contact me to begin with??? The car is running a "hack" system. Open the glove box, in there is the vafc. The vafc is running -40 through all the rpm ranges to trick the computer - so that it can run the larger 440 injectors. You need to reset the vafc to stock numbers before the car will run right. Just reset the controller completely. You know how to do that, right?
I hope everything else is going ok, i saw from a different pic that it looked like you got in a accident on the front bumper...
But hey, you got my number, if you have any other questions, just contact me.

But if i were you, i would just take out the controller completely. Your not running the turbo set up anymore, so you don't need it, and take off the missing link as well. Just know your in for some fun if you rip out the vafc.. The previous owner before me cut the wires pretty short... But at least resetting the controller will make the car run right again.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (92hatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92hatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DUDE!!! why didn't you just contact me to begin with??? The car is running a "hack" system. Open the glove box, in there is the vafc. The vafc is running -40 through all the rpm ranges to trick the computer - so that it can run the larger 440 injectors. You need to reset the vafc to stock numbers before the car will run right. Just reset the controller completely. You know how to do that, right?
I hope everything else is going ok, i saw from a different pic that it looked like you got in a accident on the front bumper...
But hey, you got my number, if you have any other questions, just contact me.

But if i were you, i would just take out the controller completely. Your not running the turbo set up anymore, so you don't need it, and take off the missing link as well. Just know your in for some fun if you rip out the vafc.. The previous owner before me cut the wires pretty short... But at least resetting the controller will make the car run right again.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha

Yeah, that would cause your car to run like **** .

Boosted = Tuned, Tuned = not stock tune (unless you have a tuned basemap), therefore boosted = not stock tune and not stock tune on a stock motor = running like **** .
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92hatchy)

its cool i realized not to mess with the single cam and just go and get me a gsr. shoulg be coming soon. the whole car is getting stripped as we speak. got a boatload of parts for a steal. im shooting for mid june hopefully got bills i got to pay also. figured it had something to do with the afc.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1ludeEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1ludeEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the whole car is getting stripped as we speak. got a boatload of parts for a steal. im shooting for mid june hopefully got bills i got to pay also. figured it had something to do with the afc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I really hate hearing that. Why are you stripping the whole car? You mean just the motor?? Im really going to regret hearing that your stripping my whole car, and i see you hit something with it already.. BOO!!!