Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a friend of mine had just put 11k in to his eg hatch and it was stolen from his house 4 days after he got it back from the shop.
k20a swap
dtr header
black gsr blades
it was in washington state. any helpfull info would be appreciated if you hear anything.
have a weird feeling someone from the shop took it. it was not even visibale from the road and he had only had it 4 days. not enough time to find out about it and where it is parked for a run of the mill jacker. even had a clutch club on it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (b17eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b17eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have a weird feeling someone from the shop took it. </TD></TR></TABLE>I'd be thinking the same thing. Sorry, bro. That sucks a lot. Good luck and hope the cops catch those sackless *****. Thieves
Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check out the shop man..
Old 08-21-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (vlc92189)

thanks for the input. i f-ing hate theives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If the shop did do it, they won't be dumb enough to have it in their shop. But U might see the motor in another customers car in a month or so
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, that's ******* terrible. K-swaps are damn expensive too.

Hope he has good car insurance.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 AM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: (andoxviii)

Sorry to hear that. Deff check out that shop. Got any pictures of the car at all?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what shop are we talking about here??
Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (MeanGreenMachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeanGreenMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what shop are we talking about here??</TD></TR></TABLE>
i live in seattle also and would like to know what shop you went thru. picture of the car would help, i'll keep an eye out for the parts. what security did the car have? garaged?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (-LoL-eg6)

Sorry about that loss, to shady shops.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Boost_V)

dont wana put the shops name out there quite yet. the car was parked so that you could NOT see it from the road. you would have to go down the driveway and look over the fence. it had a clutch club on it. it was stolen between 10:00am and 4:00pm. the time in wich he was at work.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM

it had a red golden eagle pro-series fuel rail, no intake, no exhaust(it was being ordered). amber corners, carbon hood and duckbill. new silver paint. stripped rear interior that is the original white in color. and the ugly blue dash. also hasport mounts and axels.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:22 PM

did he keep his eg in the garage or is his house fenced?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM

I hate reading these
Old 08-21-2007, 04:56 PM

sorry 4 loss i'd call the better business bureau if the shops insurance doesn't cover it.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91hybridDX)

I know what shop it was and I can promise you they did not steal it. Your buddy went to one of the most trust worry shops in the area. At least you were smart and didnt bash the shop right away by posting there name. They put alot of work into that swap to make it clean. The owner himself did most of the work.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91hybridDX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91hybridDX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry 4 loss i'd call the better business bureau if the shops insurance doesn't cover it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would the shops insurance cover it? It wasnt stolen at the shop.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: (smileycvc)

dont know a lot about them. just was my first thought that the shop did it cause there is a lot of shady shops out there and for someone to find out where he lives and what he had in that short amount of time (3-4 days) is just weird to me. im no jacker but id think it would take more time to find out all that info. the swap was clean. just sucks either way no matter who did it, shop or not. cant even have somethin nice anymore. f-ing thieves
Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: (b17eg)

im not gona put the shop name on here im not about falsly accusing ppl without proof. just tryin to help a friend.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that shop's probably real fishy - if you just swapped a K in there - it's most likely somebody that knows about it opposed to a "random thief" - whatever, my friend's EJ8 got jacked when we overnighted his g/f's house (and we were never there before) - so I guess some of it's random, but if you JUST swapped this K20 in there - chances are it's somebody that knows about it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b17eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have a weird feeling someone from the shop took it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Talk to the police, and make sure you make an awful fuss about that ^^ information. They'll put the pressure on them, and speak with the employees. The shop will be at risk of going under for bad publicity, and someone will let it slip that they told a friend or something about the car with the K swap. Best case scenario though. I'm really sorry that you turned up a target dude, but I would definitely set my sights on the employees of the garage, that's evidence for a motive.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah that shop's probably real fishy - if you just swapped a K in there - it's most likely somebody that knows about it opposed to a "random thief" - whatever, my friend's EJ8 got jacked when we overnighted his g/f's house (and we were never there before) - so I guess some of it's random, but if you JUST swapped this K20 in there - chances are it's somebody that knows about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes because I bet the kid didnt tell any of his friends that he had a K swap. Im sure he didnt go around and brag to people about how fast it was and how happy he was to have his car back.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Talk to the police, and make sure you make an awful fuss about that ^^ information. They'll put the pressure on them, and speak with the employees. The shop will be at risk of going under for bad publicity, and someone will let it slip that they told a friend or something about the car with the K swap. Best case scenario though. I'm really sorry that you turned up a target dude, but I would definitely set my sights on the employees of the garage, that's evidence for a motive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Putting a bunch of pressure on the shop and ruining their rep isnt gonna get you to far. He took it to the most reliable shop around. So I knew about the swap does that make me a suspect? What about all the other nice builds the shop has done and they were never stolen. Why would they go after a stock k swapped EG? I may just sound like a fanboy but seriously your logic is a little messed up here.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just saying,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's evidence for a motive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Respected or not, it's still a strong possibility that someone who had a while alone with the car, and was able to look over the upgrades, or even security, if any. They have your address, as was probably written on the invoice.

That's just speculation, but you shouldn't rule out telling the police the possibility that the people at the shop may have observed that your friend's car had has a K swap: Very valuable upgrade...and in higher and higher demand every day.

It's still good that you haven't gone public with the shop's name yet, for the sake of a potentially innocent shop, but that doesn't mean that the employees aren't suspects.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 PM

he hadn't told really anyone that he had it back yet. he only driven it twice before it was stolen. not tryin to put the blame on someone just keeping all options open.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 PM

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! car was recovered tonight. everything there besides the left headlight and both corner lenses wtf!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for any missjudgement on the shop witch wil remain nameless. just was keeping all options open in hope to find the car.

Quick Reply: stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!