Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stolen: 1999 300+hp B18B1 - Calgary, AB

Old 04-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stolen: 1999 300+hp B18B1 - Calgary, AB

So i had been saving my LS block for my girlfriends car as a surprise for her, was gonna grab an auto LS transmission and do the swap and surprise her for her birthday this year.

Came out today and saw it was taken, probably by the scrap metal guy. I CLEARLY had it covered, marked and set aside. I did have a pile of scrap I left for one guy but I called him and he swears he never made it nor did he take the motor.

I was unable to move it inside because of the snow/weather/mud, can't roll a hoist over mud.

I'm tempted to contact the police but I don't think it will be anything but a waste of time. The motor had it's model # even shaved off for some reason.

I'm pretty upset right now and don't know what to do. Suggestions would be great. Or if anyone in the area knows any scrapers to keep their eyes open.

This motor made about 320whp when it was in my car last. Just needed new rings, maybe pistons.

The annoying thing is I do have another LS block that IS scrap that I wouldn't have been half as mad about. I mean, I still would have wanted to scrap it myself because it's all aluminum $$

Really I'm more pissed because this was a present for my girlfriend. She's learning how to drive and I strongly feel that a d15b7 with auto tranny is not enough for someone to actually properly be able to merge in this day and age. When I have driven her car, I always have to leave extra room and time it properly and floor it to merge.. she doesn't need crazy power but she needs some torque to merge right, thus I figured the b18b1 back in N/A form (was FI) would be a perfect upgrade, the LS auto tranny would be a big upgrade too.

The valve cover was there but not bolted down. The crank pully may be on, if so it's held in loosely. Timing covers are off. #2 should have broken rings or at ringlands or something. Water pump was leaking. Valve cover was painted black. The breather box is gone and there is the freezer plug installed from the Endyn kit in the back of the block. Trying to think of anything that would identify it but I'm sure I'll never see it again.

As it came out. There is no tranny or flywheel attached either.

**** I just wanted to do something nice for her