Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stock sleeves or Darton repair sleeves??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock sleeves or Darton repair sleeves??

I was just curious whether I should use the stock sleeves in my gsr block or use some Darton repair sleeves that I got dirt cheap. The Darton sleeves are the repair sleeves NOT the replacement or MID sleeves. I asked a local machine shop and they said that they would stick with the stock sleeves rather than boring out the stock sleeves to allow for the insertion of the darton sleeves, because the darton sleeves are too thick and might make the stock outer sleeve (which would be holding the darton sleeve) unstable. What do you guys think? I understand what the machine shop is saying, but why would darton make a sleeve so thick that it would compromise the stability of the stock sleeve that is needed to support it?? I'm kinda confused. The block will have some srp pistons a comp ratio of ~9.0 : 1, eagle rods, it will be balanced and have all new oem bearings. Also AEM will be the management and I will be boosting somewhere between 12-15 psi.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock sleeves or Darton repair sleeves?? (KeyserSoze)

Bump......No one has a logical opinion on the subject? I would think that the stock sleeve vs. iron sleeve debate would rouse a little interest. You know cylinder integrity vs. uneven heat distribution. Anyway someone gimme a reason or two one way or the other as im kinda torn.