Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

STOCK FRONT BUMPER CUT MARKS!!...help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOCK FRONT BUMPER CUT MARKS!!...help

okay so i no on the stock bumper there are basically two cut "here" markings...oval..or circal....im pretty sure someones done it before but i havent found anything, cuase im pretty sure ppl jus buy the lower fog lights or buy the bumpers with em already. BUT wat i wanna do is cut those lower holes out, and take my auxillariy lights out and pop them in the lower ones, that way i get a nice breeze threw my engine bay and still have a lil jdm look to it. my question is...would this work?well anythings possible but would it look ugly? not worth doin?.
(i no im gonna have to extend the wires.) i jus wanted some opinions.

THNKS!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: STOCK FRONT BUMPER CUT MARKS!!...help (reddysol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reddysol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, so I know on the stock bumper there are basically two "cut here" marks...oval...or circular. I'm pretty sure someone's done it before, but I haven't found anything. I'm pretty sure people just buy the lower fog lights or buy the bumpers with them already. BUT what I want to do is cut those lower holes out and take my axillary lights out and pop them in the lower ones. That way I get a nice breeze through my engine bay and still have a little JDM look to it.

My question is... Would this work? Well, anything is possible but would it look ugly? Is it not worth doing?.

(I know I'm going to have to extend the wires.) I just wanted some opinions.

THANKS!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm taking it that you have a del Sol with the stock auxiliary lights. Is that correct?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 PM
HTBATRACER

Default Re: STOCK FRONT BUMPER CUT MARKS!!...help (NOFX)

Sounds like your talking about a del sol. I don't know of anyone that has done that and the holes you cut are going to have to be bigger than that of the jdm fogs. And taking the aux lights out of there mounting location isn't jdm at all.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: STOCK FRONT BUMPER CUT MARKS!!...help (reddysol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reddysol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that way i get a nice breeze threw my engine bay and still have a lil jdm look to it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That statement killed it for me already. I don't mean to flame, but man people try too hard to be JDM. Who cares. If you wanna move that light to the bottom and have some air flow to your engine, then by all means do it.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM

hahah no no im srry i dont mean to sound like a total idiot or sumthing...jdm look is kool yea,i just dont like the aux in the front, and it would keep my engine bay cooler if i took those out. i no removing them all together would be the easier and right thing to do, cuase i wanna lose dead weight i dont need. so instead of jus throwin them out i thought i would put them som where they would still work. the whole pourpose of me removin them was to basically keep my engine bay kooler. right now my car is FAR from jdm.

-THE POINT BEING.
jus wondering wat ppl thought of the idea. and if sum kind of cheap way of makin a bracket or housin so it would hold it there.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 PM

yea its a 94 del sol with stock aux's.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (reddysol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reddysol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahah no no im srry i dont mean to sound like a total idiot or sumthing...jdm look is kool yea,i just dont like the aux in the front, and it would keep my engine bay cooler if i took those out. i no removing them all together would be the easier and right thing to do, cuase i wanna lose dead weight i dont need. so instead of jus throwin them out i thought i would put them som where they would still work. the whole pourpose of me removin them was to basically keep my engine bay kooler. right now my car is FAR from jdm.

-THE POINT BEING.
jus wondering wat ppl thought of the idea. and if sum kind of cheap way of makin a bracket or housin so it would hold it there.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't like the idea. I like the auxiliary lights and in the event I ever get a del Sol, it's the front end I want. Even in the event that they don't supply much more light, they'd still help with making the tiny car more noticeable, and thereby safer. So, it's not dead weight.

I think it'd look stupid with gaping holes in the front bumper. The auxiliary lights really add character to the front end.

If you want foglights, buy foglights. If you want the front end without the auxiliary lights, either sell yours and get the type you want, or do a front end conversion.

Removing the lights isn't going to make your engine bay significantly cooler, if at all. In the event that you actually need to cool your engine bay more, there are much better and less ghetto methods.

It looks like it's flaring it's nostrils...

Btw, no idea who owns that car. I have tons of photos of Hondas and other cars and don't remember where most of the photos came from.

Modified by NOFX at 10:38 PM 8/23/2007
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 PM

wow that does look bad. thnk you for the pic. it made a good lookin car look..wierd. i no theres better ways to kool down the engine bay, but i was on the mind set of lil things add up. but i dont think i want this one. thnks for the help, i think im jus gonna keep those on. i dont want to sound like a lil kid but i jus want to prepare my car so it can help me become sumthin every one says i cant do. but im glad i asked before doin it. thnks.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reddysol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow that does look bad. thnk you for the pic. it made a good lookin car look..wierd. i no theres better ways to kool down the engine bay, but i was on the mind set of lil things add up. but i dont think i want this one. thnks for the help, i think im jus gonna keep those on. i dont want to sound like a lil kid but i jus want to prepare my car so it can help me become sumthin every one says i cant do. but im glad i asked before doin it. thnks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Glad the pic helped you out.

Oh, and btw, Honda designed the car so that it cools the engine and engine bay just fine as it is. In the event that you ever have cooling issues, I'm sure there is a way you could cool the engine appropriately without resorting to things like this.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by reddysol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i dont want to sound like a lil kid but i jus want to prepare my car so it can help me become sumthin every one says i cant do.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What a fast and the furious super JdM car owner?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 PM

NOFX thnks fo the help

-smileycvc......hahahahahha
close. i hated fast and the furious.
i want to be a professional driver
lifes to short to live average. and only drive 40 mph or if ur lucky 70 on a good day.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

makes sense. Are you going for auto x or drag? And keep reading you have alot to learn
Old 08-23-2007, 11:21 PM

yea ive been readin alot, practisin alot, ive been mainly touge-ing. when i get enough money i wanna take the class at pacific race ways, the 500 dollar one, just so i can go on the track and practise there too.

-i dont no wat i wanna go for yet im still young so ive got plenty of time. but auto x looks fun.
im not doin this to do it. i want to do it cuase everything eles doesnt keep me interested. and i dont want to be stuck with wondering wat if.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 PM

if u dont mind me asking, wat happend to ur b20 beast?