Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

is it still fun for u????

Old 09-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it still fun for u????

like how long u been into the game and also is it still the same for u? what makes u sometimes want to get out of the game, and also what always keeps u driving for more when u finally think u are done with it??? kinda curious on this question because i always see one of my freinds start to sell their projects and then during the last days of their ownership when they take it out for one last drive they say to me it kinda makes me wanna keep it or start another project. i just wanna kno ur views on it and how many dif projects have u sold and thought it would be ur last and then all of a sudden u started to build another???
Old 09-21-2003, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (dragboy)

i got pretty tired of my accord. then i gave it to my brother and bought a civic, my current project. the civic still keeps me entertained, and i still get to visit my accord when i see my bro
Old 09-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm tired of my Civic and want something newer. But since I've recently become unemployed and focusing more and more of my time on school, getting another car is kind of not an option. So I basically returned my car to almost stock and drive it around. Before, I was always wanting to buy new stuff for it, which is what kept me going. Now I've lost interest in the Civic and want to start modding something else.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (Daniel)

Just slapped a turbo on this weekend..every time I get a new mod it makes me want to stay in the "game".
Old 09-21-2003, 12:51 PM

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (Ricey McRicerton)

I get hella tired of my car when its sittin there and i dont have a licence, I wouldnt mind somethin ALOT nicer, something with AC, nice stereo, and doesnt squeek and rattle.

I like tryin to make more power every new engine i build though
Old 09-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just slapped a turbo on this weekend..every time I get a new mod it makes me want to stay in the "game". </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, you got to keep feeding the addiction and you will never get tired of it.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">every time I get a new mod it makes me want to stay in the "game". </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly how i feel. My civic is my first project. sometimes i want to get rid of it but when i think about it i really cant. and every time i go to a import meet and see all these bad *** hondas i just say to myself that, that gonna be me one day.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:05 PM

Yah sometimes i wanna get rid of the civic, and get an older project car to work on...240z or something....but theres a lot more i want to do to my car...and i will be going to college next year, so i dont think it would be a good choice to sell the civic just yet...
Old 09-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like how long u been into the game and also is it still the same for u? what makes u sometimes want to get out of the game, and also what always keeps u driving for more when u finally think u are done with it??? kinda curious on this question because i always see one of my freinds start to sell their projects and then during the last days of their ownership when they take it out for one last drive they say to me it kinda makes me wanna keep it or start another project. i just wanna kno ur views on it and how many dif projects have u sold and thought it would be ur last and then all of a sudden u started to build another???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

its not a "game"
Old 09-21-2003, 01:13 PM

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its not a "game"</TD></TR></TABLE>

for them it is, they just a bunch of Play-Uhs
Old 09-21-2003, 01:15 PM

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its not a "game"</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you don't play "game" with girls?

I stay in the "game" because it's fun as hell to roll in, knowing you have something you personally built, the way things feel (power, turning and stopping).

Friends make it more worthwhile when you have a lot of buddies who you hang with, also racing a lot of mullets, owning things like 240sx's ::cough:: is what makes it fun too.

Old 09-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (Daniel)

ive gone thru an ef8 and ef9....both were fun but after awhile i just got tired of slowing down for dips, getting pulled over and harassed by stupid cops, always wanting more...etc. Its kind of funny though because the 93 dx coupe that i have is my current project...if i had a little more time and money id probably fix up this baby as well. all in all i guess its still fun...not as fun as it use to be though.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (93egCoupe)

It's like anything else you do growing up. At some point you will get bored with it. I've always been into cars and always will be, just maybe not into Honda specific cars in the future. I always wanted a Lamborghini...
Old 09-21-2003, 02:42 PM

Sounds like you got to decide how you want YOUR car to be.

As for myself, I used to always want to push my EG Coupe further and further, trying to outrun the next guy in his Teggy or B16 Hatch. THAT got old after about a year, and I spent near 4 or 6 months just contemplating what I wanted to do with my EG Coupe. LOTS of reading, watching pros and weekend amateurs, plus going to shows while I was in my "Ugh" period helped to finally form out what it is I would like to do with MY car.

Getting the chance to talk with REAL drivers like Steve Millen and Taneguchi Nobuteru, plus show attendees like Lisa Uchida and the guys at InlineFour all helped out, A LOT.

My advice, GO to shows, talk to the guys behind the cars. GO to professional and amatuer weekend races, talk to the drivers and pit crews if you can, plus, really start watching with a good eye how they DRIVE. One thing that helps keep a love for your ride alive is being around other people who do. Oh, and NEVER be afraid to try out new driving techs. or tuning ideas!
Old 09-21-2003, 02:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (nsxmatt)

i just do it to see what i can do to keep my 3 yr lead on everyone. where im from im at least 3 yrs ahead of everyone and im not even that fast.
i have thought about sellin my coupe to get into something else that ppl cannot copy. i got about 3-4 cars in my town alone that look damn near like clones of my car. luckily for me i did my car first.
the race car keeps me motivated by a guy that lives about 3 hrs from me. hes got about 45K into his car and has run 11.6 NA i got about 12k into my car runnin 12.0s. so he keeps me motivated to put less money into my car by researching and making smart buys rather than throwin every ounce of money into the car only to realize he fucked up by not making wise purchases for his car. id love to make a list of mods to my car vs what i know are into his and send it to him to make him feel like an idiot. i really feel for the shop he represents cause it really makes them look bad when im within reach of their "fast" NA car and all it would take me is to bump displacement to a 2L. to think of all the stock parts i currently use vs all his high $$ aftermarket stuff should b enough to make him sick.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (1 2 NV)

been into the game for about 3 years now...got my car stolen 2 times...and had to start over 2 times. i'd like to mod something else like the Evo...but being married, having a kid, and going to school doesn't allow such things to happen. i'm happy with my civic...it's really evolved from when i first got it. the only thing that keeps me going is the desire to be the fastest street honda in my town. it's a long shot but hey, it's possible...and i love it when i'm able to beat $50,000 cars like NSX's, Vettes, etc.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:12 PM

I now have a hatch that will have a built single on bottle, I sold a supercharged b16 coupe. Why? I didn't want to gut a car worth that much when i could sell it and get what I was looking for and then some. The "game" goes as long as you are willing to spend $$$$. It isnt cheap!!!
Old 09-21-2003, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (00b16)

its not cheap and its not i am giving up yet i have just been sitting and thinking long and hard. i kno every complication is a challege to see if u can get it running right, and tryin to get it to run faster is my goal(as of right now) but at times money is money and i am broke college student lol(reason being there isnt a itr swap in it). i give u guys all props from hearing some of these stories about getting ur car broken into and this and that.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:32 PM

modifying/tuning hondas is not a cheap hobby, ive been at it since i wuz 16.....not too long, its more of a collection of art or masterpiece, once its all complete......i like spending $$$ on my car....its better than my chick, my car doesnt talk back, it starts eveytime, it takes me where i wanna go......hellz yea its still fun, there's nothing like hitting vtec hard on the freeway after a long day at the office, perfect for unwinding.....
Old 09-21-2003, 05:44 PM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been in "the game" for 24 years, 2/3's of my life.

No plans of quitting either.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: is it still fun for u???? (Mista Bone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been in "the game" for 24 years, 2/3's of my life.

No plans of quitting either.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope thats me in 17 years
Old 09-21-2003, 06:16 PM

its still fun for me, it's just not fun getting that visa credit card statement with the balance on it...now thats not fun..
Old 09-21-2003, 06:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just slapped a turbo on this weekend..every time I get a new mod it makes me want to stay in the "game". </TD></TR></TABLE>

but then the headaches come back
Old 09-21-2003, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been into this for 4 years and i think that my time is gettin limited. There are more things going on in my life now and i think that i need to pay more attention to some other things. Don't get me wrong i love it and all but for now i think after i get my car to where i want it here pretty quick i'll be done and time to take a break.
Old 09-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jmunk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jmunk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are more things going on in my life now and i think that i need to pay more attention to some other things. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, that's exactly why I sold off my turbo setup. Took me 2 months to decide but I feel I definitely made the right decision. Don't get me wrong----all I do is think about what I'd do to this or that car. But for now I need to focus my time on school (which starts Thursday ... booo!).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is it still fun for u????