Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Stereo Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Problem.

I have a Kenwood CD player / radio reciever (with a detachable face plate) that just all of a sudden stopped working. I dont know what the problem is since I checked ALL Fuses in my car including the one on the player itself, I can eject a CD out of the player as well as put one in, and the connection between the face plate and the unit do infact make a connection.

I do know that in my car , the stereo, clock, and lighter plug all run on the same fuse. Im no electrician, but im assuming they all connect somehow. The clock works, but the Cigarette lighter doesnt. But thats my fault. I had cut and spliced it to install my neon into.. it all worked and I was quite pleased with it. but that also stopped working mysteriously aftermy car came back from getting a transmission fix. I dont know what the deal is with that but the fact of the matter is it doesnt work. So I uninstalled the neon, cut the wires it was connected to and once again spliced the wires from the cigarette lighter back together. ( still doesnt work )

Does anyone have any idea on what the problem is with my stereo? If its getting power to eject CD's, why cant it turn on?
Old 11-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stereo Problem. (Shizznaz)

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=27
Old 11-06-2004, 07:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Pull the headunit out and see if the power wire is not all the way connected. Some times there is not enough slack on the power wire that goes into the back of the headunit and a decent sized bump will pull it out.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:41 PM

I hope you have a warranty. If so, take it to where you got it and have them send it in. It may be something internal.

-Shane
Old 11-06-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Stereo Problem. (S(J)O(D)L(M))

Yeah I looked through all that and didnt find anything. Maybe I missed something?

But so far I have been told by various people who work at body shops or performance garages that these are the possible problems...

(all fine) Blown Fuses
(possible) Wiring problems
(its fine) Bad connection between faceplate and unit
(cant be) Bad unit

----

Edit, you know, that power cable deal just might work. Ill have to check that out tommorow, cuz my car is in my dads garage right now.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:15 PM

try it on a different car and see if it works... if it does then you can rule out an internal problem and then start double checking all the wires and their connection points...if your using a harness one of the wires could be lose at the clip connection points... other then that it'd be a fuse.. but you said their all fine...
Old 11-06-2004, 10:47 PM

I work at Car Audio Depot in San Leandro you can call me or stop by I can check it for you, work # 510 276-4200 open 9-7 mon-sat 11-4 sun.
ask for Jesse

what is the model #?? that will help me help you.