Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

STEERING WHEELS KEEPS SHAKING WHILE I BRAKE EEEEEK

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STEERING WHEELS KEEPS SHAKING WHILE I BRAKE EEEEEK

this happens when i am slowing down at higher speeds 50+ (i drive a 99 coupe by the way) my buddy said its my rotars, but i dont know anyone know what this could be and how i could fix it? all help is greatly appreciated. and also my tailights dont light up anymore, they do when i brake but not while im driving and they were just working a few hours ago. all help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: STEERING WHEELS KEEPS SHAKING WHILE I BRAKE EEEEEK (HXMONEY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HXMONEY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this happens when i am slowing down at higher speeds 50+ (i drive a 99 coupe by the way) my buddy said its my rotars, but i dont know anyone know what this could be and how i could fix it? all help is greatly appreciated. and also my tailights dont light up anymore, they do when i brake but not while im driving and they were just working a few hours ago. all help is GREATLY appreciated. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like you do a fine job of maintaining your vehicle
Old 07-20-2006, 03:03 AM

Default Re: STEERING WHEELS KEEPS SHAKING WHILE I BRAKE EEEEEK (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds like you do a fine job of maintaining your vehicle</TD></TR></TABLE> LMAO
anyways sounds like you need an allignment or it could be your rotors, did you try replacing the bulbs
Old 07-20-2006, 03:16 AM

the shaking is can be any and all of the above or something stupid, warped rotors, tire/wheel out of balance, alignment or bent some thing in the suspention, or abs check to see if your lights coming on.

most people over look wheels because they dont feel it most of the time till there slowing down. but most likly its the rotors

as for the lights i'd say you will have to check for a short some where thats assuming your bulbs are good any where from the switch to the tail lights

it dont matter what you drive just make it your own
Old 07-20-2006, 03:33 AM

your brake rotors are probably warped.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STEERING WHEELS KEEPS SHAKING WHILE I BRAKE EEEEEK (Blown03SVT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blown03SVT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your brake rotors are probably warped.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like you need to get them recut man, check fuse for ur running lights, if the brake lights work then you know the wiring is still good
Old 07-20-2006, 04:14 AM

Default Re: STEERING WHEELS KEEPS SHAKING WHILE I BRAKE EEEEEK (slowSOHCvtec)

warpage. get them machined, and while your at it get new pads because if u go somewhere to get them machined, their probably not gonna sand down your pads. if u dont wanna get new ones, get some 150 grit sandpaper and sand down your pags until their even
and if machining them doesnt solve it, it could be alignment/balance like what lil pink1 said

and for your lights, unless you have a wiring diagram for your tail lights..go to the dealer. but first check your bulbs, replace with dual fil. and if new bulbs dont work, probably a short or too much resistance..you might need a wiring diagram.